Civ V World Builder stops working on launch

gladoscc

Warlord
I got World Builder working before, but it doesn't work anymore - the SDK launches fine, but after clicking on "World Builder" I get Civilization 5 World Builder has stopped working.

Problem details:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: WorldBuilder.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 50900829
Fault Module Name: mscorwks.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.0.50727.5448
Fault Module Timestamp: 4e154bce
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000153f8
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I have reinstalled the SDK.

I'm still having this problem. Has anyone encountered it and have being able to fix it?

I'm not sure because of the date of your first post, but did you try what is in the sticky thread ?

I have same problem here..win7 ultim..
When I try to lunch WB it says WB stopped working.. win is looking for solution...
Before I create shortcut for WB and manually locate CIV 5 how is describe in link and it works fine... but now its not possible any more...
saved maps in game are loaded fine...

We have a build up behind a new beta if you would like to see if it addresses your problem.

1. Right-click on the "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK" link in Steam, and select "Properties".
2. Select the "Betas" tab
3. Enter the password "worldbuilder", and click "Verify".
4. If the password is accepted, then select "worldbuilder" from the pull-down list, and click "close".
5. Restart your steam client.

The new build should download. Start it up, and start World Builder. To verify that you have the correct version of World Builder, you should see yesterdays date (7/23) in the title bar when it launches.

Thanks much, and feedback is appreciated.

We have a build up behind a new beta if you would like to see if it addresses your problem.

1. Right-click on the "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK" link in Steam, and select "Properties".
2. Select the "Betas" tab
3. Enter the password "worldbuilder", and click "Verify".
4. If the password is accepted, then select "worldbuilder" from the pull-down list, and click "close".
5. Restart your steam client.

The new build should download. Start it up, and start World Builder. To verify that you have the correct version of World Builder, you should see yesterdays date (7/23) in the title bar when it launches.
Thanks much, and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for help guys its working fine now...

Top Bottom