Civ VI Artworks from Firaxis Artists

Probably has something to do with the fact that portrayal of alcohol = higher ESRB rating.

CdM is obviously just drinking water in a wine glass.
We already have wine and tobacco in the game. :p

We already have wine and tobacco in the game. :p

Oh right. But those were major commodities historically, can't not have those in Civ. Probably still have to ere on the side of caution with that kind of stuff though, and having a leader drinking wine could be problematic to keeping that E rating.

ESRB are kinda prudes tbh.

Oh right. But those were major commodities historically, can't not have those in Civ. Probably still have to ere on the side of caution with that kind of stuff though, and having a leader drinking wine could be problematic to keeping that E rating.

ESRB are kinda prudes tbh.
Doesn't Poundmaker hold a peace pipe?

Tobacco doesn't really affect ESRB ratings, I believe.
It does, but it may not push it past E10+, which is what Civ already has.

Indeed, but not more so. A clearer beverage balances her sinister objectives and gives her a front. Spies usually act the part.
She's dressed in black, swirls her wine (the feminine equivalent of mustachio-twirling), and introduces herself by saying that she has a great desire to uncover all your secrets. She's not exactly being subtle here. :p

The only art I dont like are the units, leaders and forests. The persons are too Disney, and the forests are just a few trees. I think forests would look a lot better if they were a bit more dense like in civ5.

The only art I dont like are the units, leaders and forests. The persons are too Disney, and the forests are just a few trees. I think forests would look a lot better if they were a bit more dense like in civ5.

My only gripe with the units is that there are too few models in each unit. The twelve or so models in V's units just looked better and made the scale of battles feel a bit more epic.

When I first heard that VI was going to introduce corps and armies, I assumed that was why your basic unit had four models: that way, when you combined two into a corps, the corps would have eight models and the same for armies with twelve models. A bit disappointing when I found out there was no visual change except for some stars over the unit's nameplate.

To be fair, I don't care too much about those different colour palates, but I do want actual dense forests as well as different kinds of forest for different climates.

I do appreciate that not only tobacco and wine are in the game as resources, but also whales. I'd hate to see even that get dumbed down by offense takers.

To be fair, I don't care too much about those different colour palates, but I do want actual dense forests as well as different kinds of forest for different climates.

I think you'll find it depends on what level you're computer is handling VI at. Mine is low-ish, so my forests are sparse; but I'm certain that images from other players show more dense ones.

Back
Top Bottom