Civ2 GOTM #14 *spoiler* talks

Although I´m not as fast as some of you, early conquest isn´t my type of playing, I finished pretty early. The earliest conquest I have ever achieved, with a nice wide spread civ.

I constantly moved my explorers and later elephants forward but had some trouble finding the last German city. I finished with a pretty nice score.

I´m not in the mood to write a long story this month, also I don´t have so much time.
So that´s all!
:D

Originally posted by Chofritz
I don't know if I should kill them and finish the game or continue playing (I have a really good start and I think I'll be able to get a pretty good score)?

Kill 'em all, Chofritrz!!
:die!:

"No prisoners! No prisoners!"

Originally posted by Chofritz
I tried to trade maps but when I was gifting techs to them they just told me they didn't have time to talk, and then just left, :( I had to do it the "hard" way... But with some civ skills it isn't hard to find a city that way, :)

Ah! Methinks I smell arcane knowledge of the highest order!

How do you find a city the "hard" way (assuming it is not just roaming around until you bump in to it)? Are AI capitals always founded on a hut site?

The hard way to find a city is to search for it with your units, :) BUT there are some ways to make the searching easier. Let's say that you have a horseman searching go to his hometown and click the horsman icon in the left box. There you'll see an explaination of where he is located (eg. near London). By doing this you can often find enemies much easier, ;)

Hope you understand something of this. English isn't my number one language, ;)

Guess I'm going for early conquest in this one. "Early' for me means before forced retirement.:D

Anyway, looks like I'll survive this one. Used Rome to make settlers. Used the second initial settler to make roads. He got killed off eventually.:( I think I wiped out the English. Been fighting China and Japan. The Germans attacked me recently.

Been able to build some wonders this time around. One of the civs split quite early in the game due to AI wars!:eek:

I am new to the upper levels of CIV II. I have played quite a few times on Chieftan but never King. What can I do to improve my gameplay at this level? On Chieftan I have never made it higher than 54%. Please help. www.geocities.com/psalms7_17 psalms7_17 e-mail

Attachments

• dove3b.gif
    dove3b.gif
    13.5 KB · Views: 276
The AI did the strangest thing as I was playing. I stood outside Beijing with three dragoons on the hills two squares away, waiting for reinforcements for the final onslaught on the city. Then what happens? A settler :eek: comes out of the city?! Instead of building more defensive units to protect his last city the AI builds a settler. Very strange...

My first try at GOTM, hopefully my submission turned up?

Don't think I'm quite as adept as some on here (to put it mildly); talk of map patterns and use of caravan bonuses has opened up all sorts of new possibilities to think about.

Still, finished mid-1930's so not a complete disaster....:enlighten

I finished. Conquered the whole world in 2019 AD. That was the first time I ever saw the guillotine screen!:D

I spent three hours playing the last thirty years...:crazyeye:

'in the year... 2000' (love that Conan gag);) love civ2 but hardly ever play games to completion... until now! I look forward to having 5 gotms under my belt:king: ;)

For those who, like me, are new to this:

I've played Civ1 and Civ2 since 1995, several years as Emperor. I thought I was quite good, play the 'Money Game with Continuous War', but have found you Forum Folks know all the tricks. I discovered the online forums due to the massive bugs and corruption in Civ3, and am happy Civ2 is alive and well.

I like these Gotm's. But I can only hope to finish on a Small Map. And I love the 2 Settlers -- do we always get that? I hope so.

I found this link that describes Settlers in fantastic detail; it's enhanced my knowledge of this subject considerably, and I recommend it to anyone who has not seen it: www.apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20497

These are my notes, the last ones as it happened, all earlier ones from a review of my 14 Save files, and with a picture of the world at 1AD. The world is dry and this is only King level, so I decided to go for the Pyramids and population.

Rome founded on the westmost square, hoping for an extra bonus Whale.

I feel most comfortable fending off the Barbarians with a large number of guards, garrisons and mobile response troops, so I went for Warrior Code then Monarchy. Being generally conservative lowered my score.

1950BC, just got Monarchy, still Govt Despot. 40,00,60% Science.
70,000 Population in 3 cities. F11: Mfg=8, Family Size=4.6
The None Settler building roads, 1 Warrior, 1 Archer, 1 Horseman,
in Production: 2 Settlers and 1 Archer. Have explored quite a bit,
86,000 Sq Miles, found the NorthEast Wine and Oasis, the Lake Fish and Oil, the SouthEast Wine, 4 Buffalo, Corn, Coal, and River.

1850BC, now Govt Monarchy. 30,00,70% Science. Discoveries in 7 turns.
50,000 Population in 3 cities. Mfg=7, Family Size=5.2
The None Settler building roads, 1 New Settler, same 3 Units,
in Production: 2 Settlers and 1 Archer.

675 BC, about to build the Pyramids. 30,00,70% Chivalry in 13 turns.
250,000 People in 6 Cities. Mfg=23, Family Size=4.6
3 Settlers, 2 Caravans, 9 Archers, 1 Phalx, 1 Pike, 1 Horse, 1 Warrr.
Have built on the Lake to get the Fish and Oil, my future Barracks site. Evidently got a City from a hut on the NorthEast river with the Oasis and Buffalo, it has two Archer guards, madly building roads out to it. Have contacted the English Japanese and Chinese, so I know it's a hot spot. Have also built a city in the SE area, on the tiny lake just N of the first Buffalo. The Caravans are flowing in. Just fended off a Barb attack on Rome! The Barbs own York!

1 AD, The English are no more, 30,00,70% Researching Engineering.
630,000 People in 12 Cities, 22 Military Units. Mfg 47, 4.7 Children.
Income 18 - Cost 2 = 16. 37 Science in 13 Turns.
Pyramids and Harbor in Rome, Library in Veii for the Gems.
Building 5 Temples, London producing Settlers, York rebuilt at a slightly better spot; I'd like the Coal, but worry about a barbarian attack. My Trireme has searched the Rome area and South Bay, now scanning the north pole. Engaging the Barbarians and the Japanese. Around this era I decided to stay Monarchy, develop military science and wrap this up. Beginning my ordinary policy of building at least one Library somewhere.

Here is a map view: www.ePlanOffice.com/Hampton/Rome1AD.jpg
Veii seems like a terrible spot, but it has been operating the Gems for thousands of years, developing Science. Cumae with its Fish and Oil will soon be the Barracks. It is marked CumaeI (with an I) to indicate that Irrigation is needed soon. Regarding Pisae, the BC mark means Build City, that Settler must soon build a city. You can see evidence of heavy fighting, both against the Barbarians and the Japanese. Note also the border guards -- a heavy investment, but I need no guard for Cumae. Pompeii seems unguarded -- they recently sallied to meet the Barbarian threat and will soon return home. Hispalis was recently built across the bay from Rome to ply the Science & Wine resources. The London Road is a current focus, then a road to support the conquest of the Japanese. There are so many large cities, the Hanging Gardens is becoming a major temptation.

320 AD, built Hanging Gardens, 30,00,70%, researching Literacy
1,130,000 People in 13 Cities, 28 Military Units. Mfg 58, 4.2 Children.
Income 23 - Cost 10 = 13. 61 Science in 9 Turns.
1 Barracks, 5 Temples, 2 Libraries, 2 Harbors
8 Settlers (incl 2 None) and 5 in Production, + 3 Knights, 2 Caravans.
Planning new Cities, 8 Units marching on Kyoto, many guards. I simply could not resist the Hanging Gardens -- Rome is celebrating, festering Scientists, and there is population and learning thruout the empire.

440 AD, Germans built Colossus, 30,00,70%, I'm researching Philosophy
1,200,000 People in 15 Cities, 30 Military Units. Mfg 65, 4.3 Children.
Income 26 - Cost 11 = 15. 67 Science in 9 Turns.
1 Barracks, 5 Temples, 3 Libraries, 2 Harbors
8 Settlers (incl 2 None) and 5 in Production, + 3 units, 4 Caravans.
The Trireme has located Canton, 7 Units now take Kyoto, 4 others moving up or advancing beyond Kyoto, and many guards on roads. I still have built no mines, but have plenty of irrigation, 3 Buffalo, 5 Whale, 1 Oil.
Researching Philosophy, still no enemy City Walls nor Mathematics. I need Bridge Building, but feel the need for Happiness and Leonardo more. The army is 7 Knights, 5 Legion, 10 Archers, 6 Pikemen, 1 Phalanx, 1 Warrior.

760 AD, just built Copernicus. 30,00,70% researching Invention.
1,790,000 People in 22 Cities, 38 Mil. Units. Mfg 104, 4.4 Children.
Income 30 - Cost 16 = 14. 80 Science in 8 Turns.
2 Barracks, 9 Temples, 3 Libraries (+1 Constr), 2 Harbors.
12 Settlers (incl 2 None) and 3 in Production, + 10 units, 4 Caravans.
Recently destroyed the Japanese. Engaging the Germans overland, and also by the new Sea route. Barbarian Crusaders near Kyoto. I have built 2 Mines, one of them Wine, and nearly completed the road to Kyoto. I'm building 7 Pikemen, planning to build Leonardo and convert them to Musketeers.

1000 AD, building Leonardo's Workshop. 30,00,70%
2,220,000 People in 26 Cities, 50 Mil. Units. Mfg 121, 4.0 Children.
Income 43 - Cost 20 = 23. 126 Science in 6 Turns.
Sold Barracks, 11 Temples, 4 Librs (+3 Constr), 1 Mkt, 4 Harbors.
13 Settlers (incl 2 None) and 6 in Production + 9 Caravans.
Pushing back the Germans, located Leipzig Hamburg and Shanghai. Sadly, Shanghai has city walls; my veteran Catapults are moving up. Beginning to build an overland road to Germany with settlements. Now have 4 Mines.

1180 Building Michelangelo, Magellan. Recently Completed Leonardo. 30,0,70%
Just discovered Gunpowder. Attacking Beijing and Leipzig.
2,650,000 People in 27 Cities. Mfg 139, 4.1 Children, 56 Productivity.
Income 43 - Cost 31 = 12. 134 Science in 7 Turns.
3 Barracks, 14 Temples, 6 Libraries, 1 MarketPlace, 4 Harbors

1300 AD, about to finish Michelangelo, 30,00,70% researching Republic.
3,030,000 People in 31 Cities. 58 Milt. Units. Mfg 160, 4.2 Children.
Income 48 - Cost 34 = 14. 149 Science in 6 Turns.
3 Barracks, 15 Temples, 7 Libr, 2 MarketPlace, 4 Harbors.
19 Settlers (incl 2? None) and 7 in production, 16 Caravans + 11 in production, 5 Milt. units in production. Have captured Shanghai and Beijing, and Canton is being reduced. Have captured Leipzig, and am at the walls of Berlin, moving up Catapults from China. Huge barbarian Elephant infestation in the middle land will be a challenge.

Later... The war is nearly over. I'm planning to switch to Republic, then build up the population with many WLTK Celebrations.

1480 Triggered Revolution. Correction to helpful Revolution Chart.
Revolution 1500, not 1490 www.civfanatics.com/civ2sscsgs.shtml

1500 Achieved Republic Government. Went to 20% Tax, 40% Luxury.
4,270,000 Population in 40 Cities. Only Frankfurt remains.
Income 78 - Cost 44 = 34. 171 Science in 6 Turns.
2 Barracks, 17 Temples, 7 Libraries, 3 Markets, 1 Aquaduct, 11 Harbors

1520 WLTK kicked in substantially.
5,780,000 Population in 43 Cities.
Income 92 - Cost 47 = 45. 201 Science in 5 Turns.

1530 WLTK tapering off already. Built LightHouse, Sun Tzu.
6,570,000 Population in 43 Cities. Frankfurt is unguarded.
Income 100 - Cost 49 = 51. 215 Science in 5 Turns.

1540 WLTK nearly done. 30% Tax too late, 40% Luxury
7,120,000 Population in 43 Cities. Frankfurt is unguarded.
Income 158 - Cost 53 = 105. 166 Science in 6 Turns.
2 Barracks, 18 Temples, 7 Libraries, 7 Markets, 3 Aquaduct, 11 Harbors
Score: Pop 310, Wonders 180, Barbs 25 = 515 Bonus= 1152 Fair= 92%

Good challenge with a truly horrific starting position, but at least there is a whale which does help immensely. Added the following comment in 2700 bc: As opposed to my normal way of playing, which is to build a lot of quick productive cities fairly close together, forced in this situation to build cities far apart due to insufficiency of food. In early exploration for sufficient food supply, city 02 is 12 steps from Capitol and 03 is 9 steps from the Cap. Playing this older game with modern gotm rules including the disallowance of Caravan rehoming. Likely will play this as a civ building game, not as conquest, but as if playing towards a space ship landing, only without completing the game : ). Will likely play until somewhere between 500bc or 1ad.

4000: One of the two settlers steps to a potential multi special site.
3950: Built Cap, Plain @ 4/24 with Whale and possible additional specials.
3900: > Code of Laws.
3700: Code of Laws > Ceremonial Burial.
3350: Completion of Settler.
3300: Ceremonial Burial > Map Making. Monarchy not offered.
3200: Finally built 02 12 steps and 10.5 movement points from cap. Coastal Grassland @ 10/10 with Whale. No site with sufficient food along the way to this site.
3000: 1st hut: 50 gold.
2950: Warrior..
2850: Map Making > Monarchy.
2800: Built 03, Plain @ 15/25 with grass/shield square as well as an oil.
2750: Size 1 Cap with insufficient food for a Settler builds Trireme. Exposes 2nd whale in Cap.
2700: 2nd warrior.
2500: Beaker cost jumps from 28 to 32 and i am able to adjust squares and barely sqeeze out the extra 4 beakers.

2500 bc Summary (partial): Despotism with Monarchy next turn. 3 cities. Units: 1 trireme, 2 warriors. Land area: Aprox 70,000 sq. mi.

2450: Monarchy > Bronze Working. S 70 to rush complete a 20 shield step towards rushing settlers.
2400: In prioritization of transportation and a fast new Whale city over maximal exploration, trireme heads back towards capitol to pick up next settler. Given my eagerness for new exploration allowed this trireme nearly ventured too far before remembering what's most important but remembered just in time : ).
2350: Completion of 1st and 2nd current settlers.
2250: Built 04, coastal plain @ 11/13 with grass/shield and possible ocean special. 2nd hut: Horseback Riding. with this 20 shield unit, S is reduced to 30, T 70.
2200: Built 05: Coastal plain @ 9/31 with Whale, buffalo and Wine.
2100: `1st (curent) settler.
2000: Built 06, Low food city on Oil with shared grass/shield. Eventually the shared grass/shield square can be irrigated providing a food surplus of 2. This high shield / low food city can build Triremes, Horses and/or eventually wonder caravans. Before it can build a useful trireme, a canal city will need to be built on a low food plain site.

2000 bc Summary: Monarchy with 6 cities. Units: 0 Settlers, 1 Trireme, 2 warriors. 6 techs and bronze is in progress @ 41/54. Income: 23 Megatons, 13 Coins, 4 beakers. Land area: 112,000. Treasury: 41.

1900: 1st and 2nd current Settlers.
1850: 3rd Hut: Friendly Archer.
1800: Bronze Working > Currency (0 / 63).
1650: 4th hut: Barb horse.
1600: 3rd Settler, 2nd Trireme.
1550: 4th Settler.
1500: Built 07, coastal grassland with Wheat, Fish and Wine. Built 08, coastal plain @ 15/5 with Pheasant.

1500 bc Summary: Monarchy (2450) with 8 Cities. Units: 2 Settlers, 2 Trireme, 1 Archer, 2 warriors. Income: 25 Megatons, 13 Coins, 3 beakers. 7 techs and Currency is in progress @ 18/63. Diplomacy: Have met no foreign civs as yet, but my warrior spotted a road this turn and he is nearest to Kyoto. Land area: 167,000. Treasury: 125.

1450: 3rd Settler. Built 09, Canal plain @ 12/16 with shared Grass/shield square. Allows Oil city to release triremes. Built 10: coastal plain with 4 shared specials: Wheat, Buffalo, Wine and Fish.
1400: Met the Japanese, Traded for Pottery, gifted to enthusiastic and they wouldn't trade maps, gifted again to Worshipful and they acquiesced. Fantastic addition roughly doubling my revealed land. They also have the wheel which i refused for the time being.
1250: 3rd Settler.
1200: Built 11, On Buffalo (16/30) with access to a shared grass/no shield square. First road.
1100: Built 12, coastal plain with shared Pheasant and shared grass/shield. 5th hut: Friendly Archer. Met England, took a risk at getting currency or Masonry and picked up off path Warrior Code instead. Gifted them to worshipful and traded maps.
1000: 3rd and 4th Settlers. With a gold surplus that is difficult to spend on Settler rushes with food limitations, and with sufficient navy, maximized science rate in the hopes of completing currency then trade then Masonry as swiftly as possible.

1000 bc Summary: Monarchy (2450) with 12 Cities. Units: 4 Settlers, 3 Trireme, 3 Archer, 2 warriors. Income: 38 Megatons, Coins, beakers. 9 techs and Currency is in progress @ 60/99. Diplomacy: Have met 2 foreign civs and traded maps with both. 5 Huts. Land area: 253,000. Treasury: 151.

975: 5th, 6th and 7th Settlers. Built 13, coastal plain @ 14/2 with shared Pheasant. 6th hut: Off Path Iron Working.
925: Built 14, forest (with 2 turns of 5 towards plain) with 2 whales (one which is shared) and a fish. Barb boat lands next to 3 of my cities and without writing and in my general defenselessness, i will save 50 gold to avert a sacking. 7th Hut: Horde of Barbs. Built 15, coastal grassland with Whale.
900: Currency > Trade (4 / 156). 4th Trireme. Met Germany, traded for Masonry which is fantastic. Gifted to worshipful and traded maps which reveals the location of a fortified Chinese phalanx 3 steps due south. Barbs land 2 separate Legions directly next to a 3 city clump of empty cities. Built 16, plain with grass/river shield and buffalo.
875: Crisis with the 2 Barb Legions averted by paying them 50 gold. Built 17, coastal plain @ 7/37 with shared fish and shared buffalo. Built 18, Coastal grassland @ 27/43 with Whale. 8th Hut made safe by building city 16 close to it before opening: Friendly Horse.
850: 3rd Settler.
825: Built 19, coastal grassland @ 13/43.
800: 3rd Settler. Built 20, coastal grassland.
775: 3rd and 4th Settlers. Built 21, Forest (soon plain) @ 12/4 with Fish. Met China, gifted to worshipful and traded maps.
750: 4th and 5th Settlers.

750 bc Summary: Monarchy (2450) with 21 Cities. Units: 5 Settlers, 4 Trireme, 1 Horse, 3 Archer, 1 warrior. Income: 61 Megatons, 11 Coins, 26 beakers. 12 techs and Trade @ 140/156 will emerge next turn as the 13th.. Diplomacy: Have met 4 foreign civs and traded maps with all 4. Japan has the Wheel for a future date and other civs may possibly have additional techs i will eventually want. Very few improvements: 1 irrigation (forest > plain city square), 1 road. 7 Huts. Land area: 366,000. Treasury: 35.

Interim: Barb Legion lands next to an empty city and my Gold is only @ 48.
725: Trade > The Wheel. Writing not offered and i chose a tech which Japan has. T > 70 / S 30. 4 cities switch to building Wonder Caravans. Traded Japan for both techs they had, The Wheel and Literacy and updated maps. Approached all other civs with demands for tribute. Fortunately England provided 50 gold which will stave off the Barbs next turn from sacking an empty size one city which supports 2 triremes. Also, received Writing in trade from China and i likely now have all foreign techs. Tech increase from previous turn to this one: 12 > 16. Built 22, grassland.
700: > Republic (20 / 240). 5th and 6th Settlers. 1st Diplomat. 8th hut (made safe by building a nearby city): Friendly Legion. 9th hut: Barbarian Horse.
675: Built 23, low food Desert @ 79/15 with Whale. 2nd irrigation (this time also a forest > plain city square). Also now have 3 roads.
650: 1st, 2nd and 3rd Wonder Caravans, 6th Settler.
625: 7th Settler, 5th Trireme. 10th Hut (made safe by building city nearby first): Friendly Chariot. Built 24, coastal plain with Wheat and Fish.
600: 4th Wonder Caravan.
575: 7th Settler. 4 Caravans fill 200 shields in city 11. 4 cities within 01 thru 10 fill food stores and 6 cities within 12 thru 24 will do so next turn, the 10 food storage fillings intentionally planned to take full advantage of Pyramids. Built 25, North pole tundra with Whale, Fish and Oil.
550: PYRAMIDS. First experience with a size 2 riot. Built 26, grass/river with grass/river/shield, Buffalo and Coal. Built 27, Plain with Whale. Stirs unhappiness in 2nd and 3rd size 2 cities. Will likely see about 2 or 3 additional riots next turn amidst the 6 cities that will become size 2. This trend towards unhappy citizens strongly inspires an increase in science rate in planning towards the completion of Republic in Oedo 425. As well 4 cities are carefully chosen to build Wonder Caravans for HG. In this predominately single land mass game, newly discovered Island 3 can be populated with several cities which are potential Hide demanders one of which is a potential Hide Demander with Colossus. Island 4 can sustain one city as well and the poles are also a separate continent. 3rd irrigation. 11th Hut: None Nomad.
525: 4 cities require Elvis. The persistent raging hordes create a need for a certain amount of gold reserves and the goal for Republic is 425 bc with 108 beakers to go. As such, i can not afford a luxury rate at this point. As a result, i will hold back on additional city building until 425 so approximately 70% of my size 2 cities can remain fully productive with both citizens working. As well i will seek to have a flood of cities reaching size 3 within about 9 turns, the point at which i anticipate having Hanging Gardens. This will require holding back on aggressive settler building until these cities celebrate to size 4 or above.
500: Barb Legions land next to 2 empty cities and treasury is @ 55. Gifted 4 civs as needed and updated all maps.

500 bc Summary: Pyramids (550), Monarchy (2450) with 27 Cities. Units: 6 Settlers, 5 Trireme, 1 Diplomat, 1 Chariot, 2 Horse, 1 Legion, 3 Archer, 1 warrior. Income: 76 Megatons, 36 Coins, 18 beakers. 16 techs and Republic @ 151/240 is expected to emerge in Oedo 425. Diplomacy: Have met 4 foreign civs and traded maps with all 4 including the updating of all maps in 500 bc.. Likely have all of their tech. Very few improvements for this stage of the game due to unique circumstances: 4 irrigation (including 2 forest > plain city square), 4 roads. No mines. 11 Huts. Approximitely 98% of dry land is explored with a fairly slow and unsubstantial exploration force and Land area:is 520,000. Treasury: 55.

475: Paid barbs 50 gold to prevent a Legion from sacking city 04 and then with only 5 remaining gold, another Legion sacked city 02. In spite of the need for gold including to bribe city 02 back, S > 70 to complete Republic in 2 turns which is a higher immediate priority. Being down one city allows one of the cities to replace an elvis with a worker. 5th irrigation. 12th Hut: 50 gold.
450:
425: Republic > Seafaring ( ). T > 80 / S 20. Republic with no lux eliminates brings cities back to full productivity with no need for Elvis. 3rd Wonder Caravan, 8th Settler. Bribed city 02 back from the barbs at a cost of 52. Approached each civ to see if they would offer any techs in trade which was not the case. Gifted each of the 4 Republic and updated the one map i was able. 13th Hut: Horde of Barbs. 14th Hut: Banking (18th tech).
400: 4th Wonder Caravan. Built 29, grass/river. Built 30, grass/river. Built 31, grass/river 2 steps from both London and York. Built 32, Coastal Plain with Fish. 15th Hut: Seafaring. With Lux still at 0, Elvis performs in the one size 3 city and the 2 size 2's which will become size 3 next turn.

400 bc Summary: Pyramids (550), Republic (425 bc) with 32 Cities. Units: 4 Wonder Caravans, 4 Settlers, 5 Trireme, 1 Chariot, 2 Horse, 2 Legion, 2 Archer, 1 warrior. Income: 100 Megatons (net), 100 Coins, 23 beakers. F4 Heads: 51. Population: 710,000. 19 techs. Diplomacy: Have met 4 foreign civs and traded maps with all 4 including the updating of all maps in 500 bc.. Likely have all of their tech. Very few improvements for this stage of the game due to unique circumstances: 6 irrigation (including 2 forest > plain city squares), 6 roads. No mines. 15 Huts. Approximitely 99% of dry land is explored with a fairly slow and unsubstantial exploration force on this small map and Land area:is 588,000. Treasury: 12.

375: 5th, 6th and 7th Wonder Caravans. 5th and 6th Settlers. 4 Caravans fill 200 shields. Built 33, Coastal Plain with Fish.
350: HANGING GARDENS . 6th and 7th Settlers. 1 city (HG city itself) begins to celebrate and another mere 4 cities (those which are size 3) are set to celebrate next turn @ L 40. Built 34, grassland with Whale.
325: 4th Wonder Caravan, 7th and 8th Settlers.
300: 8th and 9th Settlers, 1st and 2nd Diplomats;. 4 Caravans fill 200 Shields. Built 35: Coastal grass/river end with shared Buffalo.

300 bc Summary: Pyramids (550), Hanging Gardens (350), and will have Lighthouse next turn. Republic (425 bc) with 35 Cities. Units: 0 Caravans, 8 Settlers, 5 Triremes, 2 Diplomats, 1 Chariot, 2 Horse, 2 Legion, 2 Archer. Income: 109 Megatons (net), 69 Coins, 0 beakers, L60 for the moment. F4 Heads: 66. Population: 1.11 Million. 19 techs. Diplomacy: Have met 4 foreign civs and traded maps with all 4 including the updating of all maps in 500 bc.. Likely have all of their tech. Very few improvements for this stage of the game due to unique circumstances: Aprox 7 irrigation (including 2 forest > plain city squares), aprox 8 roads. No mines. 15 Huts. Approximitely 99% of dry land is explored. Land area:is 628,000. Treasury: 73.

275: LIGHTHOUSE. 9th and 10th Settlers. 6th Trireme. Bribed menacing Barb Horse. 1st minor wave of celebrations done for now and Lux is reduced from 60 > 30, T 70.
250: 1st Trade Caravan (Separate land North pole Gem demanded by mainland Kyoto), 11th Settler. Built 36, On coastal Buffalo.
225: 12th and 13th Settlers, 7th and 8th Triremes. Bribe of barb horse within striking distance of my city. Built 37, Coastal plain with Whale, Wheat and Fish.
200: No new units completed (surprisingly). Another barb horse within striking distance of a city got himself bribed. Will likely utilize Diplomats to easily establish embassies with the 4 foreign civs i have met. I expect there is not a 5th in the very small land area i have yet to explore.

200 bc Summary: Pyramids (550), Hanging Gardens (350), Lighthouse (275). Republic (425 bc) with 37 Cities. Units: 1 Trade Caravan, 12 Settlers, 8 Triremes, 2 Diplomats, 1 Chariot, 5 Horse, 2 Legion, 2 Archer. Income: 135 Megatons (net), 90 Coins, 0 beakers, L40 for the moment. F4 Heads: 75. Population: 1.29 Million. 19 techs. Trades landed: 0. Diplomacy: Have met 4 foreign civs and traded maps with all 4 including the updating of all maps in 500 bc.. Likely have all of their tech. Few improvements: Aprox 9 irrigation (including 2 forest > plain city squares), aprox 12 roads. No mines. 15 Huts. Land area:is 697,000. Treasury: 12.

175: 13th, 14th and 15th Settlers, 9th Trireme. Built 38: Coastal Grassland Canal with Whale. Built 39, Grass/river with Oasis and Buffalo.
150: 2nd Trade Caravan, 15th and 16th Settlers. Built 40, coastal Plain with Fish. Built 41: island Wheat Hide demander @ 32/40/4. Diplomacy: Approached each foreign civ for the possibility of trading techs and each civ has an enthusiastic attitude. Japanese have Feudalism for trade (and possibly one or more techs in addition), but i will hold onto the 10 shield step until i am ready to open the next hut, then trade for it. Would not update maps. Germany: No apparent tech to trade, but did provide an updated map trade. China, no apparent techs, refused map trade. England, no apparent techs, refused map trade.
Pre-125: Next menacing barb landing : ).
125: 15th Settler, 10th Trireme. Built 42, Lake front grassland with Buffalo, Wine, shared whale and shared gem/river. Built 43: Coastal Plain/river end with Fish.
100: 14th Settler, 11th and 12th Triremes, 3rd Diplomat. Established 1st Embassy of 4: Japan. They have Feudalism and no other techs. Built 44: island coastal Hide demanding grassland with Fish. Built 45: South pole (separate land)Hide demanding Tundra with Whale, Fish and Ivory.

100 bc Summary: Pyramids (550), Hanging Gardens (350), Lighthouse (275). Republic (425 bc) with 45 Cities. Units: 2 Trade Caravans, 12 Settlers, 12 Triremes, 2 Diplomats, 1 Chariot, 5 Horse, 2 Legion, 2 Archer. Income: 159 Megatons (net), 112 Coins, 0 beakers, L40 for the moment. F4 Heads: 90. Population: 1.48 Million. 19 techs and will likely trade for Feudalism next turn as the 20th. Trades landed: 0. Diplomacy: 1 Embassy of 4. Have met all 4 foreign civs and traded maps with each including the updating of all maps in 500 bc and some more recently.. Few improvements: 10 irrigation (including 2 forest > plain city squares), 22 roads. No mines. 15 Huts. Land area:is 778,000. Treasury: 95.

75: 3rd Trade Caravan, 13th Settler. Built 46, coastal plain river. 16th Hut: 50 gold.
50: 13th Settler, 1st Harbor (in key Hide demanding size 3 and now celebrating island city which will be a party to all 3 current trades en route). Built 47, Hill Canal with Whale. Built 48, Coastal Plain with Fish. Built 49, South pole (separate land) Hide demanding Tundra with Whale. Slow moving game due to the low food map, but 9 size 3 cities are now in position to celebrate each with food surplus. Most of these cities require the full L 80 due to King level which lacks hyper Lux responsive anarchists, so this necessary setting is implemented for the time being.
25:
11th, 12th and 13th Settlers. 9 celebrations initiated. Built 50, plain river end with shared buffalo.
1ad. 4th Trade Caravan, 13th thru 16th Settlers, 14th and 15th Trireme. 9 new Citizens via celebration growth, all 3s > 4s. A small number of these 4s including 2 key trade cities are able to keep celebrating with food surplus and will reach size 5s next turn. Built 51, Plain with 2 Fish. Built 52: South Pole Tundra with Whale.

1 ad Summary: Pyramids (550), Hanging Gardens (350), Lighthouse (275). Republic (425 bc) with 52 Cities. Units: 4 Trade Caravans, 14 Settlers, 15 Triremes, 2 Diplomats, 1 Chariot, 5 Horse, 2 Legion, 2 Archer. Buildings: 1 Harbor. Income: 169 Megatons (net), 44 Coins, 0 beakers, L80 for the moment. F4 Heads: 113. Population: 2.04 Million. City sizes: 10 size 4s, 5 size 3s, 18 size 2s, 19 size 1s. 19 techs and will likely trade for Feudalism next turn as the 20th. Trades landed: 0, but first 2 are positioned to land next turn as each of the cities involved will reach size 5. Both of these trades are demanded and off shore and one of the two is foreign. Trade Road: For Southern Hide suppliers heading to North pole Hide demander. This 18 step road is about 85% completed and is expected to be finished in 3 turns. Diplomacy: 1 Embassy of 4 and moving towards establishing the other 3. Have met all 4 foreign civs and traded maps with each including the updating of all maps in 500 bc and some more recently.. Improvements: 10 irrigation (including 2 forest > plain city squares), 27 roads. No mines. 16 Huts. Land area:is 856,000. Treasury: 39.

Top Bottom