Civ3FlcEdit - Civilization III animation viewer & editor

Was I suppose to run the InstallFlcEdit.exe first? Eggh looks like it. Do you know where I can download the MFC42.DLL? I seem to be missing it.

vbraun said:
Was I suppose to run the InstallFlcEdit.exe first? Eggh looks like it. Do you know where I can download the MFC42.DLL? I seem to be missing it.
Yes, you should - under Win OS the InstallFlcEdit.exe file runs automatically by installation. :)

MFC42.DLL - standard MFC library, it should be located in the system directory of almost all Win 9x and NT based OS. Unfortunately, I don't know where you can download it so I attach it here for you. :)
But possible, you will need much more standard Win's DLLs - so excuse me. ;)

Attachments

• mfc42.zip
    451.7 KB · Views: 414
It works now. Thank you! :thumbsup:

Edit: You should maybe put something that says "It has been reported to run on Linux using the latest version of Wine, with this DLL (link to post with dll you just posted)"

Bjornlo said:
This bug sure does seem to be in Civ3FlcEdit. Since to create the PCX, I took a FLC I made with flicster and exported the storyboard/pcx.
The bug did not exist before in the FLC. For fun, I also pulled the PCX out with flicster and replaced the pcx Civ3FlcEdit generated. The display bug was still there in Civ3FlcEdit but not in flicster. I examined the PCX file quite closely with photoshop to see if all the pixels had the exact same value and they did.
The bug in the picture was more visible then most of the other occurances, where it was around 1/4 as many pixels. The flc in question is Me262Attack.flc from the me262 in my signature.
So, I can duplicate the bug with Civ3FlcEdit using either the PCX file it or flicster generates. I can not duplicate this bug with flicster, nor can I find any annomoly in the image files. It is fairly easy to check. Select the magic wand, set the tolerance to zero, and check if any stray pixels show up when you click on the background color.
Since this issue does not seem to show up in the final FLC, it is not a HUGE bug, as far as I am concerned. But it would be nice to see what is in the pcx without wondering if it is a render bug.
Bjornlo, I have got from you an e-mail with attached files. When I have opened Me262Attack.flc I can see wrong pixels. But also I have found a Me262Attack.c3f storyboard and when I have opened it all working fine. After I have export C3F to FLC - new FLC has not contains wrong pixels. Then I have made one more test - new FLC convert to C3F and then again to FLC. All working fine, so I don't know where are the wrong pixels from...

Another more interesting bug is that the resize option sometimes works perfectly (80%) and sometimes destroys the image (20%). I was playing around with a couple of planes that were the wrong scale. 4 resized correctly, one went invisible and the shadow went red. Curious I tried 5 more (some of which were the correct size, some not, since that part did not matter to my experiment). Again 4 went perfectly, the 5th lost 20-50% of the pixels which became invisible.
Puzzling.
This problem can be easyly solved. Point is that different FLC files have different structure. So not all export settings are acceptable for all FLC files.
One of the best export settings you can see on the attached image - 24 bits storyboard with two palette files and selective last 32 colors (the best way is use different colors for all last 32 palette indexes).
Also you can see results of my resizing experiments:
1) top - Grippen resize to 120 = image mostly disappears. Shadow becomes bright red and visible. (before and after)
2) bottom - ME1101 resize to 110 = image mangled, incl white pixels being turned black, background not clear, etc. (before and after)

Attachments

• Resize FLC.jpg
    Resize FLC.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 541
Something seems to be wrong with one-direction flcs. It will only show the animation when the unit is facing in the sw direction (in game) but will show the first frame in the others. Ill get you the storyboard/pallete and c3f files for you to take a look.

And then when I try to make it a multidirection using Photoshop, It gives me an error like this:
There are 8 directions present but there is only one direction specified. Are you angry?
I hit No nothing happens I hit Yes It tells me Cannont create storyboard.

Hi, vbraun!

Please, send to me your c3f file (with storyboard image & palette file(s), of course).
I want to look for any bugs with it.
You can send it to my e-mail Civ3MM@yandex.ru or attach right here.

Thank you for this bug report! I'll waiting for your storyboard...

Here you go:

I'm pretty sure nothings wrong with the storyboard.

I may be that its a pcx and I'm trying to add a pallete. If that is the case just change the pcx to a bmp and try it.

Attachments

• storyboard.zip
    976 bytes · Views: 276
vbraun said:
Here you go:

I'm pretty sure nothings wrong with the storyboard.

I may be that its a pcx and I'm trying to add a pallete. If that is the case just change the pcx to a bmp and try it.
Sorry, but attached ZIP file is not contain any storyboard - just a palette file and empty PCX file (zero length)... ;)
Where is image & C3F files?
Moreover all files should have the same base name.

Thats weird. Anyway I got it to work. But I'll get you the .c3f file that had the problem.

One thing I would like to see added is the ability to change the amount of frames of a exsisting .c3f file. :)

vbraun said:
Thats weird. Anyway I got it to work. But I'll get you the .c3f file that had the problem.
I'm glad that it's work for you now. :)

One thing I would like to see added is the ability to change the amount of frames of a exsisting .c3f file.
It's a good idea. Maybe I'll make it (unfortunately, I have not free time now).

it says im missing graphicx.dll, i did what it said but no luck

now, people, it is really time for a bump!!! :bump: i really need the program on vista!! how can i make it work?

i had to press F5 and everything is right now, for me, interesting to know!!!

How can I edit the animation time? editing the delay and exporting to flc doesn't change the animation time, which means it still runs at the wrong speed ingame. I was able to fix this in flicster by exporting as multi flc and editing the animation speed in the .ini and loading that up again, but civ3flc edit doesn't seem to have the option to export as multi flc. Which is a shame because flicster doesn't work on windows 8

Top Bottom