Civ3FlcEdit - Civilization III animation viewer & editor

Drivebymaster said:
Well I reinstalled it still crap and I went back to my other video card nothing still I think I did something really weird. But I can live with it for now :(
Don't worry, I'll try to fix this problem in the next release. ;)

First thing: This update is great. It has many new good features.

Second thing: A found a bug/minor irritant.... When using "Import to Storeyboard", it insists that my pallette only has 183 colours, and it needs 256. It doesn't let you have duplicate colours anywhere in the pallette (it would seem...) Now, the thing is, it really helps to have duplicate colours.

For example, I never use rows 2 3 and 4, as they behave very weirdly (civ-specifics), so I usually set them all as lime green, a colour which I hardly ever use in my units... BUT, these don't count as separet pallette entries in the colour counter, so I have to change each one by one tiny RGB value. Very tedious....

EDIT: It would appear that perhaps rows 2,3 and 4 aren't my problem. It may be I have dupicate entries elsewhere.... I really can't be bothered to find them all.

The Great Apple said:
First thing: This update is great. It has many new good features.
Thank you! :)

Second thing: A found a bug/minor irritant.... When using "Import to Storeyboard", it insists that my pallette only has 183 colours, and it needs 256...
Yes, I know about this. Now Civ3FlcEdit needs 256 colors palette to correctly import a storyboard. I still don't know, how to solve the problem. :(
One advice: you can use "Source Palette" option to specify template palette. Then you don't need to worry about how many colors contain your storyboard. Civ3FlcEdit will use this external palette during importing - just make several experiments and you'll see how it's work.

Drivebymaster said:
One other thing that would be helpful is an INI creator. That would make my job soooo much easier.
You can use Civ3MM utility for this purpose. When you'll create an unit, INI file will be automatically created. I'm too lazy (and have not enough time) to make a separate INI-file editor... ;)

Good news: I have made top-left offset feature, requested by you some time ago (if I understood you right). :)

Cyber Dreyk,
Just wanted to say a quick thanks. I've listed you among the credits in all my units, but I don't think I've ever thanked you directly. It's long overdue. This is a wonderful program, it's simple to use and makes my job so much easier. I appreciate all the work you've put into it. :goodjob:

CamJH

Any chance you could make a program like the image resizer, which crops instead of resizing? I'd be very useful, as on many occasions I have realised that I've spent hours doing something, which has to be redone, as I got all the images the wrong sizes...

Right at the moment, for example, I have a unit which I rendered in 240*200 pixels, and I need to change the left-right offset. It has a load of unused pink on the left and right, but it won't let me change the offset (as there is no room).

The Great Apple said:
Any chance you could make a program like the image resizer, which crops instead of resizing? I'd be very useful, as on many occasions I have realised that I've spent hours doing something, which has to be redone, as I got all the images the wrong sizes...

Right at the moment, for example, I have a unit which I rendered in 240*200 pixels, and I need to change the left-right offset. It has a load of unused pink on the left and right, but it won't let me change the offset (as there is no room).
InstaCropper one of my favorite utilities, simple to use and it can process all your frames at once :cool:

Dease said:
InstaCropper one of my favorite utilities, simple to use and it can process all your frames at once :cool:
EXCELLENT! I had a version of this program which lasted for a set amount of days, but this is an older version, so has no limit! Thanks!

EDIT: ARRGH it doesn't half eat my memory!

Ok, everything is going great.

A few more comments!

1) Would it be possable to open up the .c3f file after you use the import to storyboard function?

2) The alpha blend smoke colours still aren't right - in Civ3FlcEdit I get white pixels, while it game it all looks fine

The Great Apple said:
1) Would it be possable to open up the .c3f file after you use the import to storyboard function?
Yes, sure. You can convert an image file to C3F storyboard using "Import to Storyboard" feature. Then you can works with it like with any other C3F storyboard.
Did you have any problems with it?

2) The alpha blend smoke colours still aren't right - in Civ3FlcEdit I get white pixels, while it game it all looks fine
Really? Well, it's possible. I should more carefully select alfa-blending values. I'll try to fix it in the next updates.

Thank you for the comments! :)

Hey!

Sorry if this is something of a hijack, but its 3am an this seems like as good a place to ask as any ;p

I have made a few MUnits with a single unit type with your program now (managed it with flicster too), but I cannot figure out how to do it for 2+ different kinds of units. Is this not supported? Or am I just doing something wrong?

I am trying to (using SBB) make a pikeman and musketman (standard graphics...) Munit in the 3 pikes forward 2 muskets rear formation for the scenario I am making (gonna make my own graphics at some point too... yeah... ;p).

I get the two seperate units up to the point required to make munits out of them, then mix them with SBB, then save it... cant remember as what right now because its late, but its the same thing I do for single type MUnits. I just am not getting either the c3f file or the flc file that I need for animation.

Sorry for the uselessness of this post (tried to give you an idea of what I was doing... yeah) but how exactly do you make multi-type munits with this program?

sorry, and thanks!

PS: I really do like your program a ton! I mean I have been using it for almost five consecutive hours ;p

Cyber Dreyk said:
Really? Well, it's possible. I should more carefully select alfa-blending values. I'll try to fix it in the next updates.
Perhaps this helps. Here are two images of palettes with alfa-blending values as it is in the game if the background is magenta/white.

Look also here.

Finally gettig back into unit making, and since evrything else I am using is new, decided to go ahead and try this out.....

So far it looks great! And visually appealing as well!

The more I look at it, the more amazed I am by the extra amount of power this tool carries!

Aluminium said:
Perhaps this helps. Here are two images of palettes with alfa-blending values as it is in the game if the background is magenta/white.
Thank you for the help! I'll try to make smoke/shadows better. :)

Top Bottom