Civ4 GOTM Schedule

Yes there should be. We suddenly realised last night that the game was late, and there were issues of some members of staff not being around at the moment, and it looks like neilmeister is going to step in at the last minute and do a game.

Ok, if he won't be distracted from his full-time dedication to the Unusual Suspects, that would be great. ;)

Yes there should be. We suddenly realised last night that the game was late, and there were issues of some members of staff not being around at the moment, and it looks like neilmeister is going to step in at the last minute and do a game.
18 Gandhis?

:cool:
It was to be mine. But would still be a few days before I could do it.
I've been busy and off the grid. Haven't even made time to say I didn't have time.
Logged in from my phone in response to nocho's question.

Ok, if he won't be distracted from his full-time dedication to the Unusual Suspects, that would be great. ;)

Can't be distracted if I am not playing the BOTM :)

18 Gandhis?

You have a good memory, though I recall it was only 1 Gandhi up against an army of not Gandhis

Oops :hammer2:
How did I miss that I was responsible for it! Probably because I built GOTM129. And saw I had BOTM130 coming May1.
Sorry I'm late. I will do something in next couple days.

oops, again - not my problem, DS is responsible for botm129 :mischief:

Yes sorry guys. I'm running very late. And real life has got on the way, mainly in the form of the sudden unexpected general election campaign in the UK. Will aim to get a game up over the next day or two.

Vote for Dynamic Spirit!!!

He he! Vote for me for a fastest finish award (well, it's the only way I'm ever going to get one. I'm clearly never going to get it the normal way - by finishing fastest :) )

BOTM 129 is now announced - starting on 26 April

Here is the BOTM schedule for the rest of the year:
Code:
  BOTM-Easy                            BOTM-Hard                         
    1st of month                        15th of the month                           
Jun  132: Monarch                   133: Deity         
July  134: Noble                    135: Emperor  
Aug  136: Prince                    137: Immortal               
Sep  138: Monarch                   139: Deity     
Oct   140: Noble                    141: Emperor            
Nov  142: Prince                    143: Immortal
Dec  144: Monarch                   145: Deity
This is subject to change, based on participation among other things.
DynamicSpirt and I will try to keep to this schedule. Although RL events could impact it.
Would the community prefer both games on the 1st or as above?

Vanilla gotms and Warlord wotms will be published unpredictably.

Thanks for the update, thought-reader. I was looking at this thread earlier, and wondered if there was a plan for the rest of the year :)

Would prefer them staggered out like currently. That gives us more time to finish them, as I tend to play one game to completion first, and am not exactly fast...

Was actually thinking about making one myself, but have no idea how to go about it really, nor have I much of an idea to make it unique. But step one is to think about it. Are there many games in the pipeline already?

I like the 1st/15th format. If they both started on the 1st I would be finished with both within a week or two and have to. . . gasp. . . wait :eek:

Vanilla gotms and Warlord wotms will be published unpredictably.
I was going to ask if there's anything (Gotm or Wotm) coming before July but that would mean it's predictable. I'm no Deity level player so something between Noble and Monarch would be ideal, preferably without Always War or close neighbours buffed with industrial (or later) era units. Maybe give us one warrior with a Warlord commanding it and see who can keep it alive and get the most experience? Players could post the unit's experience/level info in the final spoiler thread.
EDIT: Seriously? Is there no brave and kind Gotm/Wotm maker who would create something for the longest days of the summer (or the shortest days of the Ozzie winter)? I would but I lack the skill to make a Gotm and if I made it I couldn't play it anyway...

Last edited:
I was going to ask if there's anything (Gotm or Wotm) coming before July but that would mean it's predictable. I'm no Deity level player so something between Noble and Monarch would be ideal, preferably without Always War or close neighbours buffed with industrial (or later) era units. Maybe give us one warrior with a Warlord commanding it and see who can keep it alive and get the most experience? Players could post the unit's experience/level info in the final spoiler thread.
EDIT: Seriously? Is there no brave and kind Gotm/Wotm maker who would create something for the longest days of the summer (or the shortest days of the Ozzie winter)? I would but I lack the skill to make a Gotm and if I made it I couldn't play it anyway...
Your original post inspired me to create a vanilla map, which I have just uploaded.
Since I can't do warlords and vanilla doesn't have Great Generals, I couldn't do your suggested challenge; instead challenge is to kill the most units. Kind of like a cow award. I called it Grand General but maybe it should be the Butcher award. :ar15:

Top Bottom