Civ4 Reimagined

Civ4 Reimagined 2.0a

This update is not savegame compatible (sorry, not even with 2.0)

Download Civ4 Reimagined 2.0a

Fixes
-Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when a barbarian unit was killed
-Global warming scales with map size

If you already started a game with v2.0 you can probably just continue without updating, The crash seems to only occur once per game and you can just reload and play on. If you play on a smaller map size though global warming will be a bit crazy.

Last edited:
Version 2.0a. I can't pillage tiles in enemy territory. There is no pillage button and Shift+P doesn't works. Neutral tiles works fine.
Edit: Oh, I got it. That's because of protective trait of an enemy leader. Well, then I just pay my respects for this cool mod. I am surprised it is not very popular.

Last edited:
I think the K-mod ai is a bit overtuned - it just feels that in reagrds to military I am in a constant prisioner dilema where both I and the Ai are just dumping resources in the military without significant AI gains. Would it be possible to modify Ai priorities as to make it less psicopathic with Dow's and see when they need to prio other elements or go for different targets (specially if a civ is getting ahead of then)

Great to see it's still being updated! Great mod, and I really appreciate the team's work on the AI as well!

Thank you for all for your feedback! As you can see, development has been kinda on hold for a while now. There might be some further updates down the line but at the moment I don't really have the time. But it is worth checking the github repo once in a while, there will still be fixes and minor updates.

I think the K-mod ai is a bit overtuned - it just feels that in reagrds to military I am in a constant prisioner dilema where both I and the Ai are just dumping resources in the military without significant AI gains. Would it be possible to modify Ai priorities as to make it less psicopathic with Dow's and see when they need to prio other elements or go for different targets (specially if a civ is getting ahead of then)
The AI is definately a bit more aggressive and also they prioritize wars against neighbors instead of far away civs much more than in the base game. If you want less aggressive AI there is no super easy way. You can play around with the XML values in LeaderheadInfos (BuildUnitProb and the declare war thresholds). Playing on bigger maps with less player should also help, very often the lack of space will cause early wars. But yes maintaining a decent military is a must else AI will choose you as a presumably easy war target.

I thought this was intended. Every time the AI wears me out in a long drawn war its always because that side is more comfortable waging a war than I am. The result being my side is worst off and their side better off because they can afford a long war and do other things, while I can't. Of course, if this is just the AI being brainless then it should be changed.

It could also just be a natural result of no tech trading. With tech trading you can bribe civs to peace.

----------------

On a side note, my own feedback for 2.0:

1) "Protective" feels worthless on Coastal land. Not having tiles pillaged is useless when a single naval vessel can blockade 10 tiles. I tried making Protective add promotions to naval units too, and it feels pretty good in my game. So I'd recommend that.

2) Traditionalist idealogy should definitely be a hard, but viable path in the late game. No doubt such a civ would and should suffer huge unhappiness penalties, and Traditionalist civs should not get opinion bonuses with one another, but a civ that persists through should be rewarded in some way. I'm thinking a strategy revolving around Tall/Mega Capital city gameplay, and/or perhaps religion/priest-focused gameplay would fit such a role. I tried adding a national wonder that can only be built in Capital city (unlocked with Mass Media), that gives huge bonuses but only when using Dynasticism/Theocracy/Absolutism. It doesn't feel very good yet... but that's the idea I'm proposing and hope can be worked on.

3) Pyramids feels like a poor version of Stonehenge. Is this intended?

Last edited:
Maybe I didn't set it up properly, but I noticed that this mod breaks vanilla BTS and other mods, after creating a custom game with the Totestra map script. I think it made changes to the documents folder that prevent other mods from working properly.

Top Bottom