Civ4 Stories&Tales Central

In any case, as soon as I get the chance, I'll start RP: India. Some key things about the RP is that

-Terra mapscript

-President, Military, and Domestic Ministers all have unique duties. None of them are just for advisory. The FM has been rolled into the President roll so the President controls foreign policy and the military. The Military Minister controls troop builds. The Domestic Minister controls Federal Workers and the capital.

-New cabinet position: Director. The Director controls spy building and creation of Espionage-enhancing buildings. This is the hardest position, in my opinion, simply because the President may not be giving Espionage a lot of funding. The Director, however, controls spy missions and the Espionage Screen.

-No player governors, exactly. Instead, party NPCs run for governors and whatever party wins gets a boost as the Party Leader gets to control domestic building and National Guard training in that city. This should cut down on a ton of disconnected player-ran elections where often, players ran unopposed.

-Player voting...still there but pretty pointless. NPCs now count for the majority of votes and all the players voting one way will not outweigh all the NPCs voting another way. NPCs vote for a President and his Cabinet and, overall, it's fully possible not to make coalitions now. If two candidates have too similar of views and are too similar experience wise, there's the likelihood that the base will split between them, allowing a third guy to win.

-Civics can't be changed at no cost anymore. Martial Law or Emergency Powers must be declared. More importantly, the Opposition can change civics themselves through Armed Revolution or block the change.

Hmm. I think when I release the RP, it's going to be in the beginning of the Industrial Age. That's an age that doesn't get played with a lot in RPs and because of raging barbarians, the New World is probably still going to be a mess.

In any case, as soon as I get the chance, I'll start RP: India. Some key things about the RP is that

-Terra mapscript

-President, Military, and Domestic Ministers all have unique duties. None of them are just for advisory. The FM has been rolled into the President roll so the President controls foreign policy and the military. The Military Minister controls troop builds. The Domestic Minister controls Federal Workers and the capital.

-New cabinet position: Director. The Director controls spy building and creation of Espionage-enhancing buildings. This is the hardest position, in my opinion, simply because the President may not be giving Espionage a lot of funding. The Director, however, controls spy missions and the Espionage Screen.

-No player governors, exactly. Instead, party NPCs run for governors and whatever party wins gets a boost as the Party Leader gets to control domestic building and National Guard training in that city. This should cut down on a ton of disconnected player-ran elections where often, players ran unopposed.

-Player voting...still there but pretty pointless. NPCs now count for the majority of votes and all the players voting one way will not outweigh all the NPCs voting another way. NPCs vote for a President and his Cabinet and, overall, it's fully possible not to make coalitions now. If two candidates have too similar of views and are too similar experience wise, there's the likelihood that the base will split between them, allowing a third guy to win.

-Civics can't be changed at no cost anymore. Martial Law or Emergency Powers must be declared. More importantly, the Opposition can change civics themselves through Armed Revolution or block the change.

looks good :)

I like the influence you'll give to the NPC's. quick question, will their be specific ways of influencing the NPC's to get them on your side?

looks good :)

I like the influence you'll give to the NPC's. quick question, will their be specific ways of influencing the NPC's to get them on your side?

Actions and speeches mostly. Unlike other RPs (I feel), the NPCs will have a memory of what you do and what your party does.

Well, it seems as though SK won't be updating anytime soon, if it's alright with everybody I'll make a new cataloge tomorrow and have a form of sorts to copy and fill out for entries. I'm thinking something like this:

Title (linked if possible):
Author:
Mod (is applicable):
Style (optional):
Current Status:

Any suggestions for changing the form?

I subbed... seems to become one hell of a story :)

I imagine SouthernKing will not be too happy with this.

I imagine SouthernKing will not be too happy with this.

I don't know why he wouldn't. I'm the one (or one of the ones) that reported the other thread so it could be stickied instead.

Darn, and here I was hoping to start a similar list in December.

yeah.. you had a whole discussion about it in the SG :p well maybe Radio Noer will be willing to incorporate your the ideas that came from it

well. their is a whole set up in the SG.....

The idea was to compile a massive listing of stories on the forum (which would have required huge amounts of work :p) and organizing them for a specific set of categories. Though your structure is probably better, since it is less work intensive and has the community helping you compile the listing as well.

Top Bottom