Civ4 Temporary Leave Announcement Thread

Luthor Saxburg is NOT away. He cleared his backlog of pbem games - nicely done!

I will be away during the month of June. I will still play some turns but for most of the month I will be on a 'computer-free' environment!

My computer won't boot up and it will take some time to fix it, time I don't really have at the moment as the Republic of Austria insists on racing me through the maze of its bureaucracy before it decides whether or not I'm worthy of not becoming homeless.

Hopefully I'll be able to play my turns by Sunday. Even if I can't fix my PC, I'll just sneakily install Civ4+mods on the computer of one of my flatmates and play when they aren't home. :lol:

Good news, I fixed my computer! Apparently the GPU had some problem, so I replaced it with an older one I had lying around.

I am having issues with my PC.
I will try to solve it ASAP but it could delay my turns.

Sorry for my current delays, but I'm off my meds. Literally, heh. I'm supposed to take medication for/against my depression, but it ran out about a week ago and as I'm currently uninsured I have no way of getting more right now, so my psychological stability has been continuously deteriorating. I have no idea when/if this will end.

Sorry for my current delays, but I'm off my meds. Literally, heh. I'm supposed to take medication for/against my depression, but it ran out about a week ago and as I'm currently uninsured I have no way of getting more right now, so my psychological stability has been continuously deteriorating. I have no idea when/if this will end.

Don't worry about that! Just take your time and try to focus on what is important and valuable for you.

You always can talk to your friends on this forum.

Hope you can feel better soon!

Cheers!

I am sorry about this. If you use skype I could convey my support in person. You are one of the funniest guys I ever met, and trust me I met a lot of people. Depression sucks.

I hope that u get better soon!

Thanks everyone for the support!

I did get some free medication from an anonymous source, and found another package hidden in the mess that is my room. Turns out I had some meds close by me the entire time. Yes, I'm that stupid. Hopefully that will hold me over until I'm insured again. I honestly can't believe I even landed in this situation, I almost feel like some sort of American, having no easy access to healthcare for the first time in my life.

Tracker is down, but last time I checked it was still with Knoedel. Is the turn soon coming around?

Good question. I wish I could give a good answer.

A number of real life issues are converging on me, and one of them is that my accursed father finally noticed that he had been paying for my internet for the past two years and finally got around to turning it off. My flatmate is constantly out and about with his own WiFi, so I might or might not get a chance to play my turns when or if he ever returns to stay in his alleged home for longer than five minutes.

It is my sincere hope that, one way or another, I will find a more permanent solution to this situation after a very important appointment I have on Tuesday the 17th of March.

-Written with my very limited mobile data.

Good question. I wish I could give a good answer.

A number of real life issues are converging on me, and one of them is that my accursed father finally noticed that he had been paying for my internet for the past two years and finally got around to turning it off. My flatmate is constantly out and about with his own WiFi, so I might or might not get a chance to play my turns when or if he ever returns to stay in his alleged home for longer than five minutes.

It is my sincere hope that, one way or another, I will find a more permanent solution to this situation after a very important appointment I have on Tuesday the 17th of March.

-Written with my very limited mobile data.

I hope the things go better for you, Knoedel! Sometimes, life is very hard. We must be strong and resilient. Serenity, calm and faith in yourself are the key to endure difficulties.

I hope the things go better for you, Knoedel! Sometimes, life is very hard. We must be strong and resilient. Serenity, calm and faith in yourself are the key to endure difficulties.

Thanks for the well wishes, but I think I'd honestly be better off believing in some god than myself. Something which doesn't exist at least can't do anything wrong. :p

At any rate, the very important appointment I mentioned has been postponed indefinitely thanks to the unlikeliest of heroes, a pandemic which has now shut down my home country and is threatening to kill thousands. So, uh, thanks Corona?

I was finally able to acquire a decent unlimited internet connection of my own, which, combined with the government enforcing a quarantine to contain the Corona Virus, means I now have plenty of means and time to stay at home and play computer games. I'll be playing all of my turns today or tomorrow.

Edit: Hey wait a minute, I only had a Dominearthion turn waiting on me! What's holding up the other games? :confused:

Last edited:
Knoedel, I am one of those persons that is currently blocking the games.

I am currently stuck in Paradise trying to get back to the Quarantine zone. I am waiting for my Governments help to go back to the infected zone...

This almost seems like a game but it is very real, I assure you.

Of course when I get back I still have to find the Civ IV CD...

Last edited:
01. Getting your PC screwed by a Windows Update - DONE!
02. Re-installing everything on your PC - DONE!
03. Losing your original Civ IV CD - DONE!
04. Going on holiday on schedule - DONE!
05. Getting trapped in Africa due to the new flights restrictions - DONE!
06. Being saved by the Foreign Affairs Ministery - DONE!
07. Buying a cheap cheap Civ IV via steam - DONE!
08. Realizing that the Steam version would not allow you to keep playing the current PBEM's - DONE!
09. Getting a comrade to be able to lend you the Civ IV CD - DONE!
10. Getting access to that CD with the current travel restrictions - DONE!
11. Getting the CIv IV re-installed - DONE!
12. Re-learning how to play Civ IV - in process...

It seems that it was a decade ago that I last played Civ IV !

Sorry for all the delays! But I hope to get back on track within a few days.

Top Bottom