Civ4 XML Editor

When you say "no other unit is avaliable" does that mean that you attempted to add a new unit but it doesn't show up? If that's the case does the new unit show up in the WorldBuilder?

Yes you can add a new unit to the game with the editor. Just open the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file in the editor. Select a unit that's similar to the unit that you want to create and hit the insert button to clone it. You will now have two units with the same name. Edit the type element for a given unit to change it's name. Edit the other element values to change the unit as needed.

There is currently a minor display issue with the editor when cloning an item in the Class List. When you add a new class item (a unit in this case) and rename it, the Class List display doesn't update to show this. For now you can just click on the type button and then click on accept to redraw the screen.

Thats right i attempted to add a unit following the instructions above. Basically just cloned the guerrila unit (or tried to) and changed the name and a few values like movement.

I have checked the world builder and no unit with a different type name is present, nothing in the civipedia either.. do i have to modify another xml fil after the unitinfos xml?

There is a UnitClassInfos file, but that shouldn't cause a unit to not show up in the WorldBuilder. Where is the Civ4UnitInfos.xml file that you are editing located?

C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\HISTORY IN THE MAKING\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos

history in the making being the mod that im trying to change a little bit

edit -
Its strange i changed the
<Class>UNITCLASS_GUERILLA</Class>
<Type>UNIT_INSURGENT</Type>

in unitinfos.xml and the unit is now present? dont know why its just shown up when i did everything the same? ><

Glad to hear that it's working now.

Man you guys complicate things, I'm downloading the tool, and I feel already like i'm gonna delete it.
Anyways, do you know where I could find a MOD editor program so that I can have Civilizations and Leaderheads I really like?
That'll help me out for making my own little MOD. and then i'll try to use the other MOD's civilizations and leaders.
Thank You

Wow, somebody got up on the wrong side of bed this morning. :D

What's complicated? If you don't want to edit an XML file then don't donwload the utility.

I discover the existence of your program… which with the very interesting air! Before charging it, I will want to know, please:

1) Is it usable with BtS v3.17?
2) When one modifies a data in a file there, does it announce (and presents at once) all the other files concerned with this modification (Texts included)?
3) If it is the case, which is the last correct link to download it?​
Thank you!
:hatsoff:

1. It should be compatable with any version Civ4, but I haven't tested them all.
2. No.
3. There is only one place to download this program. You can use the link in the first thread.

Just a note: this program doesn't do everything a person may want to do to an XML file. But it is very good at quickly finding a given field or series a fields and changing them, while not having to deal with the XML syntax. I've been using it regulary while developing my mod and its saved me a lot of time.

... I try it ! Thanks :D

I have modified several XML files already and when I load my mod nothing that I have done shows up!:( I check the actual XML files using notepad and my changes don't show up. Looks like your XML editor can't actually edit XML.

This editor isn't designed to do every type of editing needed. It's good at making some quick and easy changes to several items. For example my mod current has about 2 Dozen or so WW2 tanks in it. Say I wanted to increase the attack value for all of them by one. Using this editor I could do that in less than a minute without having to deal with XML syntax.

This editor isn't designed to do every type of editing needed. It's good at making some quick and easy changes to several items. For example my mod current has about 2 Dozen or so WW2 tanks in it. Say I wanted to increase the attack value for all of them by one. Using this editor I could do that in less than a minute without having to deal with XML syntax.

Or you could use Find/Replace:scan:

Using the above example. With a normal text editor you would have to find the xml field for each unit then manually change the value. This editor has two seperate search boxes so you search for iCombat in the right side box, then search for units in the left side box. When ever you jump to a different unit the iCombat field is highligted and ready to be edited. I'm not saying that this editor is anything special, just that it does do this one thing a lot faster and easier than a normal text editor.

Hi

I used this program to modify a Gods of Old mod (I copyd and renamed the folder). And modify only .XML files Technologies and Units that u can use only swords and arrows no guns allowd so i disabled gunpowder and u cant research eny furder. But if i want to play it in multiplayer with my friends it seed out of synk (I gived them a same mod-folder what i am modifyd)). Someone knows the problem if someone understand what i am sayng ?

Hi all nice editor :)

Just wondering how to do a few things

How do I add new units using this editor?
How would I make the marathon setting even longer?
and
How would I change how many years pass by each turn?

any help would be appreciated.

Hi all nice editor :)

How do I add new units using this editor?

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

To add a new unit:
Select a unit in the left pane and press the insert key. That will insert a copy of that unit into the list. Pressing the delete key will remove a unit. The editor has a small problem when adding units - when you change a unit's type, the change doesn't immediately appear in the left hand pane. You can around this by clicking on the type button then clicking OK (Don't make any changes to the value in the edit box, just click OK).

Top Bottom