Civ5 Nuclear Missile (Atomic bomb video)

Wow, they really do have a B-29 drop it.

There is both a bomb version and a missile version. But the missile is a short-ranged version that can be sub launched. There is no ICBM.

I guess we just have to mod one in ;)

P.S haven't read all post

In this video, the player got 2 uraniums (resource points or w/e) after his nuclear missile exploded.

So that leads me to figure using a nuke doesn't "consume" any resource pints.

Very nice video. Hadn't seen this before. A lot of modern army in action.
Notice at 7:36 the gunship is able to attack the enemy across a mountain and actually stays there at the end of the turn. Nice!

Be careful with what you're saying ... by obvious reasons, nukes can't be considered regular units in terms of combat ;) In fact the AI in civ IV actually had specific code just for nuke usage ( to be precise, it had one for ICBM and other for tac nukes, and the ICBM one is pretty bad ... let's just say that in civ IV AI ICBM never target anything besides cities ). If it hadn't that code , it would not use nukes simply because they are not combat units.

Right, but an ICBM is just a regular tactical nuke with a very large or unlimited range, so I'd imagine if the AI knows how/when to use nukes, it probably would understand how to use ICBMs. At least, I'd start there and see what happened, then start rolling up my sleeves to begin serious modding. :)

I'm not disagreeing on that. I was just pointing that nukes, being suicide units, can't be controled by regular combat mechanics code ... thus they need their specific code for getting the oportunity cost of the possible targets. If none is given, the nukes will not fire ;) and this regardless of how well they fight with regular units, unlike you were sugesting in the post I was responding to in there.

Top Bottom