Civ5: US Jet Fighter: F15 Eagle

snafusmith

Unit Maker
The McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) F-15 Eagle is a twin-engine, all-weather tactical fighter designed by McDonnell Douglas to gain and maintain air superiority in aerial combat. It is considered among the most successful modern fighters, with over 100 aerial combat victories with no losses in dogfights.[3][4] Following reviews of proposals, the United States Air Force selected McDonnell Douglas' design in 1967 to meet the service's need for a dedicated air superiority fighter. The Eagle first flew in July 1972, and entered service in 1976.
- Wikipedia

DOWNLOAD HERE!

ENJOY!
-Smitty

thanks !

you're fast :goodjob:

This is awesome! Any plans for a jet for every civ like you did for civ 4?

Eventually, maybe. Right now I'm polishing off the final skins for the Russian MiG-29. So far I have a modern Russian skin, Soviet skin, and Ukrainian skin done. I want to finish skins for Iraq, Iran, India & Peru before I post it.

EDIT: Fixed the rotation and visibility.

But I notice with my model and Snafu's F15 that not all of the combat animations show up. The plane will fly in circles not dropping anything then the barb is destroyed. The template only uses two bones (body and tail) I tried to create the vertices for the bones not labelled but found in armature but then graphics go screwy (the unit woul appear on the tile it last attached by still be kept from city, weird)

Any one have any idea why?

Not sure what's up with yours. I used the jet fighter template that danrell made. The F-15 shows up with all the animations just fine. Do you use the edited animations?

When I put you F15 into the mod all the animations didn't show. I guess thats because I didn't use the edited animations but didn't see anything for the jet fighter. I downloaded it but where do I put it? Can it be part of a mod?

attached is a mof for your F15 incase you want to use something for testing.

My YF23 mod is attached with a blend rigging body and tail and a second blend where I tried other bones (hoping that it would work with regular animations, but it didnt).

Obviously, just the ones that your unit uses are required [EDIT: it looks like you only need edited_fx_triggers_jetfighter.ftsxml, though don't forget civ5artdefines_viseffects.xml in the parent folder [EDIT #2: no, don't bother with the viseffects file]], but it wouldn't hurt to throw them all in.

Hm... You certainly could make it a separate required mod, but at this point I'm not sure there are many people playing multiple mods with those animations included [EDIT: and at 2.6MB for both ancient and modern units, you're not saving much hard disk space anyway].

snafusmith, are you converting Civilization IV unit models into Civilization V? If so can you do this one? Pretty please?

When I put you F15 into the mod all the animations didn't show. I guess thats because I didn't use the edited animations but didn't see anything for the jet fighter. I downloaded it but where do I put it? Can it be part of a mod?

attached is a mof for your F15 incase you want to use something for testing.

My YF23 mod is attached with a blend rigging body and tail and a second blend where I tried other bones (hoping that it would work with regular animations, but it didnt).

Ok, so I used the F15 unit in the download to try to make a separate MiG29 unit. Everything is fine, all the files and MiG29 textures are in order, except the mod ID

<Mod id="bd22038c-39c5-42a6-bdfc-689d242570dk2" version="1">

Question: Can I add just any number in there to make it a separate mod?

phew finally i managed its work for my GK

edit the file from notepad and learn from ekmek YF23 file, finally i made it work :lol:

thx snafu
thx ekmek

i have to rested my brain first :lol:

Top Bottom