Civ5 War Academy: Now Open!

Camikaze

Administrator
Administrator

Civilization Fanatics' Center's Civilization V War Academy is now open to the public!

The Civ5 War Academy has been created in keeping with Civfanatics' proud tradition of providing comprehensive strategic coverage of Sid Meier's Civilization series. It serves as a repository of high quality strategy articles covering many and varied aspects of the game, and comes just in time for the one year anniversary of release.

For those familiar with the War Academies for previous versions of the game, this time we've done it a little differently. Each article is posted as a thread in the Civ5 War Academy subforum, located under Civ5 Strategy & Tips. Fell free to ask questions about the article content by posting a reply.

As of opening, we have 22 articles available for viewing. The Article Index will provide for ease of navigation, and will be kept up to date with a list of all available articles. We plan to progressively add to the War Academy, and development of more articles is still occurring. This means that over the coming weeks, months and hopefully years, you will see new content being added for your perusal. If you'd like to contribute to the War Academy, visit this page and join the 'Civ5 War Academy Contributors' Group. Once you've been approved, you'll be granted access to the development forum, where we have many strategic minds waiting to assist in the collaborative editing process.

The opening of the War Academy comes after three months of development efforts, and I'd like to extend CFC's appreciation to all those who have contributed to this process. Extra special thanks go to ainwood, The_J, vexing and MadDjinn. ainwood and The_J have been instrumental in the field of technical/admin issues, whilst vexing and MadDjinn have contributed not only in the form of their own articles, but as key figures in the collaborative editing process. :hatsoff:

We hope you enjoy reading the War Academy, and find it useful. :)

Wow, what amazing work! I just finished reading through the ranged combat guide after seeing the link to it in the England guide. The information in the articles is very well put together. I know I'll be continually improving my enjoyment of Civ 5 armed with all this knowledge. I loved reading through the old Civ 4 war academy articles and now that the Civ 5 war academy is up and running I feel as if the game is more complete.

Thanks again for putting all this info together and organizing it so we don't have to skip around all over the forum to find what we're looking for! Now, back to absorbing all this knowledge...

Top Bottom