CivAssist II

CivAssist II 30-Oct-2016

1.07f iirc is vanilla civ 3. I don't recall, if CAII can load them or not. I would think so, but not sure.

If the game of civ you are running is 1.07F, then save create by later versions or other versions of civ will not be compatible.

The last patch for vanilla is 1.29f. If you are running the conquest version of civ, it can load the vanilla save as long as they are at patch 1.29f. Conquest saves (aka C3C) cannot be loaded by vanilla, regardless of the patch level. The last patch for c3c is 1.22.

Been a while, so I could have some things, wrong. If so, others will give corrections.

1.07f iirc is vanilla civ 3. I don't recall, if CAII can load them or not. I would think so, but not sure.

If the game of civ you are running is 1.07F, then save create by later versions or other versions of civ will not be compatible.

The last patch for vanilla is 1.29f. If you are running the conquest version of civ, it can load the vanilla save as long as they are at patch 1.29f. Conquest saves (aka C3C) cannot be loaded by vanilla, regardless of the patch level. The last patch for c3c is 1.22.

Been a while, so I could have some things, wrong. If so, others will give corrections.
Yes, 1.07f is Vanilla. When I select that in CAII, all my saves show up, but still it gives me that error message and won't load the game into it. Should I run the 1.29f patch, then?

WeirdoJoker, sounds like CAII cannot handle 1.07f. I would for sure put on 1.29f, but note that any saves from 1.07f will not longer work.

If you need the seed, post an email and I will send SeedBeast to you. It is 536k or so. I do not know, if it will be able to load 1.07 or not. In fact I do not think vanilla had the worldseed. That iirc came in for C3C.

Thought the data was probably always in the file.

PS: do not post the email add in a straight normal fashion. Do it like abc AT cde DOT com so the bots will not grab it.

WeirdoJoker, sounds like CAII cannot handle 1.07f. I would for sure put on 1.29f, but note that any saves from 1.07f will not longer work.
You mean, I lose my game that was saved under 1.07f? Hm. Perhaps I'll wait until I win that game before patching 1.29f.

If you need the seed, post an email and I will send SeedBeast to you. It is 536k or so. I do not know, if it will be able to load 1.07 or not. In fact I do not think vanilla had the worldseed. That iirc came in for C3C.

Thought the data was probably always in the file.

PS: do not post the email add in a straight normal fashion. Do it like abc AT cde DOT com so the bots will not grab it.
What's SeedBeast? I'm a only semi-literate when it comes to the technical stuff.

SeedBeast is a utility that displays the world seed. I thought that was the program you could not find here. In any event, I doubt it would be able to load 1.07 either.

iirc 1.07F was the first patch for vanilla or maybe even what the game shipped with day one. Some of the patches made serious changes to the layout of data, so apps that try to get info from saves had to be changed to use the locations in these patches.

So, yeah finish the game, then patch. All the utilities should be able to read you saves.

I recently played a game where I offered to give the Koreans 96 gold a turn and 96 coins where a bunch of technologies in exchange for a peace treaty. I then declared war on Korean and didn't have to pay my 96 coins again. You can find a link to this game here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13644444

I have CivAssist II but it does not assist me in figuring out which civilizations are willing to pay what amounts for peace, luxuries, workers, etc, and what amounts they are willing to sell those things to me, every turn. What software does that for me?

Does anyone know if there are any bugs while using this with CivIII complete and on Windows 7? Also, does this program run in a separate window while playing Civ or is it part of the interface in the game? Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are any bugs while using this with CivIII complete and on Windows 7? Also, does this program run in a separate window while playing Civ or is it part of the interface in the game? Thanks!

I ran it on win7 for a long time, just fine. It is in its own window and can be set to pop to the front when changes occur, if you want.

Hi folks, new to the forums but old time civ player here.

I'm giving Civ 3 another spin and stumbled on this very promising utility... But all attempts at downloading it miserably failed. I read on another post there was a recent migration, perhaps it corrupted the file? Is it possible to fix the issue?

Thanks

Seems to be working for me. The "Download HERE" link in the first post is working and takes me to http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=21, where the download link works - also verified that the installer starts up correctly. So I dunno. :dunno: Maybe try it from a different browser?

Though it's also possible that maybe it's related to being a very new member... I don't remember there being limits on downloading while new, but that was quite awhile ago. Could ask about it in Site Feedback if it's consistently not working.

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, Quintillus.I was able to get the file through my phone :woohoo:

its not working in windows 10.

at the bottom part.
its "on look" for my c3c but version and address bar doesnt show anything.

howdy y'all,

i recently upgraded to win7x64 pro, sp1 and did a clean install. that meant reinstalling everything. [*grin*]

i installed c3c in the default location and let the save files and such be sent to the "virtual store".

then i installed ca2. it runs [with a startup error], finds everything, and auto-updates to the newest save ... and then crashes shortly after a file is saved. usually shortly after the 2nd or 3rd save, but sometimes after the 1st save.

[*sigh ...*]

here's the startup error ...
Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Ⴘ꒙갸鍺祍靇䌵.呈:) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)흦좏츖⽂钓쨵(String 㧎⤄噷쐚뷻֋镺)
   at Ⴘ꒙갸鍺祍靇䌵.:) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)돫롊텗댎晸隲髷(String 硑ﯦ楲ᰲ㏫奺㊯)
   at :) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)鱩⭵ᑾ溉᭮瑅.迖๔u流ȩ鼼鐔(㛡狧閽箏犵岣䕋児 飿嘼ꤺ︄绘왻)
   at CivAssist.MainForm.捧孏⸦뮁ꏽ㞕肌ᾝ(㛡狧閽箏犵岣䕋児 飿嘼ꤺ︄绘왻)
   at CivAssist.MainForm.뎴喤겷铿쬚ᐪ:) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)閎()
   at CivAssist.MainForm.ኳ꾝ᘹ⭯䀚ꩻ⭃䰕()
   at CivAssist.MainForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5485 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CivAssist
    Assembly Version: 2.0.5083.37627
    Win32 Version: 2.0.5083.37627
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/CivAssist/CivAssist.exe
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
:) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :):) :) :) :)哋䵛載㷑撹䂝ꐔ
    Assembly Version: 0.0.65535.65535
    Win32 Version: 2.0.5083.37627
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/CivAssist/CivAssist.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5492 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

here's the crash error ...
Code:
Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:	civassist.exe
  Problem Signature 02:	2.0.5083.37627
  Problem Signature 03:	529aeb26
  Problem Signature 04:	System.Windows.Forms
  Problem Signature 05:	2.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 06:	54d46ec6
  Problem Signature 07:	151f
  Problem Signature 08:	130
  Problem Signature 09:	System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:	6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:	1033

Read our privacy statement online:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

is anyone interested in writing a replacement? i would happily help provide some beverages and munchies ... via paypal or amazon, since teleportation doesn't seem to work.

i posted the idea a long while ago here ...
[C3C] c3c-helper? - yearning for a replacement for civassist2 - Civilization Fanatics' Forums
- http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=488096

no one was really interested, but perhaps that has changed? a platform-independent helper util would be _so_ nifty!

take care,
lee

Recently, Civ Assist 2 started showing up errors on opening with a box saying something about an exception that had occurred. I clicked the details button and what was written the is in the next post.
On clicking the ignore or continue button civ assist opens like this :

I have been running CA2 on Windows 10 for more than a month without any problems and suddenly this crops up. I also tried reinstalling but that was giving errors too.

Also, I have not installed any Windows updates recently.
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks.

Recently, Civ Assist 2 started showing up errors on opening with a box saying something about an exception that had occurred. I clicked the details button and what was written the is in the next post.
On clicking the ignore or continue button civ assist opens like this :
*snip*
Also, I have not installed any Windows updates recently.
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks.
My understanding was that Win10 gives you little to no discretion regarding 'essential' (according to M$) updates; rather, your comp does them behind the scenes without your knowledge or authorisation. And if you dare to reverse any of those changes, they just get redone next time your comp has a chance to talk to Big Brother Bill.

After all, you're only the end-user, right? It's not 'your' software, you just bought a license, and most end-users are too computer-illiterate to be trusted with the administration of their own machines, right? Right? Right. :sarcasm: (As you might have gathered, I didn't upgrade yet. It took me long enough just to figure out how to get my Win 8.1 comp to talk to me in English instead of German... ;) )

As I have not really used CivAssist, as I am a Mac user, but now have a Windows Laptop, does the map view work on .SAV files?

Edit Note: The CivAssist Map only shows what has been explored. I was hoping to see the whole map, and figure out where my opposition is.

Top Bottom