CivAssist II

CivAssist II 30-Oct-2016

Using the older version, 2.05 , any time I open a file it gives me a message that the file is blocked. I am on win10, running both civ3 and civassist as administrator, but to no avail. Any tips?

Using the older version, 2.05 , any time I open a file it gives me a message that the file is blocked. I am on win10, running both civ3 and civassist as administrator, but to no avail. Any tips?
Sorry, that's the error that I used to get all the time too.

Such a shame as I got so used to playing with CAII that playing without it feels... incomplete. My PC can't even upgrade to W11 so I will just have to live with this issue.

Have you tried mapstat? It shows you trades and happiness (among other things) which are the features of these programs that I use the most. It worked for me when CivAssist wouldn't.

Have you tried mapstat? It shows you trades and happiness (among other things) which are the features of these programs that I use the most. It worked for me when CivAssist wouldn't.
I have not, thanks for the tip. I used the flip risk % most in CAII, I am assuming mapstat does not offer this?
EDIT: Unfortunately after trying to download mapstat, none of the files in the thread actually download, and clicking the links sends me to CivFanatics forum home. :(

Attachments

• flip risk attachment.jpg
    flip risk attachment.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Thanks Jarred, I'll test that out!
EDIT: After using it for a couple hours I am hooked, thank you so much!

Last edited:
Speaking of Flip Risk, a question. CAII shows a range for flip risk, e.g. 2.3-4.8% or something like that. Does anyone know why it's a range? I never know whether I should consider the lower or upper number as the risk, or halfway in between. I see the CrpSuite screenshot shows just one percentage.

(I'd also have to check whether CrpSuite is HOF/GOTM-approved, so far CAII is working for me on Windows 8.1 though)

I'm not sure about the range of values, but a formula is posted here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/d-2000-in-flip-formula.41933/
I'd guess the culture ratio is the unknown. Maybe calculations are based on what the foreign advisor says, and each value is a multiple of our culture that would change the AI feeling. e.g. When an AI is an admirer of us, the editor says this opinion corresponds to a culture ratio of 2:1 so we know the true culture ratio is between a lower bound of 1/3 of our culture and an upper bound of equal to our culture.
spoilers.jpgtabs.jpg
It showed one value because I had "spoiler info" turned on in preferences, there are GOTM-safe options, but none of them reference being HoF-safe.
From HoF site: https://hof.civfanatics.net/civ3/rules.php?show=utils
"Use of Mapstat options to generate knowlege of the AI that is otherwise hidden from you in your game is not acceptable though."
From GoTM site: https://gotm.civfanatics.net/games/rules.php
"CrpSuite
A domination limit utility that provides a lot of in-game information plus the RCP Rings feature for city placement. Constrained to work spoiler-free for GOTM"

I only used Culture, Pollution, Happiness, Trading, Civ Info, Resources, Points, and Food for HoF games. Excluding Territory, Terrain, and Flip Info

Thanks, that's great info. I bet you're right about the calculations being based on the range, to avoid spoilers about the exact culture amounts. It just so happens that in both of the main cases where I was worried about flips, the other civ involved was leading in global culture, so the F8 Victory Status screen let me know their total culture, and thus I knew the exact ratio and it didn't make sense why it was a range.

But in cases where the other civ wasn't the global leader in culture, I didn't know what their total was, so the exact values in CrpSuite would have been a spoiler. I just didn't happen to care as much about flip percentages then because I wasn't having as many problems with those cities flipping! :lol:

Thanks for linking the rules, too, that's above and beyond expectations! I'd wrote that as much as a reminder to my later self (when I wasn't about to depart somewhere IRL) as anything, not expecting links to appear a few hours later!

The tool civassist 2 do not work for me. I try to track the saves for c3c but they are not shown.
Also, there was a problem with the installation, I add a picture attachment.

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    261.2 KB · Views: 59
Hello. I'm dropping back into Civ 3 again because its such an awesome game. I can't seem to get Civ Assist 2 to work. I know this has been a problem for others in the past, but was a fix ever developed, or was anything ever figured out? I still get the Microsoft .NET Framework error, or access blocked. I can't seem to figure it out, and its disappointing because it makes the game so much easier and more efficient to play.

Thanks in advance!

@ainwood released several versons of CAII. If the (newer?) version you've installed isn't working on your current machine, it might be worth trying the other (older?) one instead.

Failing that, if you have the GoG/ Steam version of C3C, you could try @Flintlock's patch, which replicates some of CAII's functionality within the game's GUI itself.

Last edited:
To add a second voice, the older version is the only version I've ever got to work as well. Grab the older of the two from the history tab of the download.
Thank you so much! The older version works! Whew! That's a lifesaver for these games. I play Huge map with 16 random Civs, so this makes management of trades and keeping things tidy so much easier.

Top Bottom