CivCon 09

My wife wants to know if you're organized yet.;)
:D

No word from the hotel on that yet still :undecide:, but hopefully soon. I'll bring this point up again with my fellow Committee members, including those whom have been dealing with the place directly.

wish I could come but i live all the way over the ocean in west europe and taking a plane all to the way to america is first of all way to expensive and a games convention isn't exactly something that would make me think 'well let's get to america then'
but still if i lived in maryland i would certainly consider to come and see

My wife wants to know if you're organized yet.;)

I thank you for your interest in the convention. :)

Please tell your wife that a woman is in charge. ;) As an experienced conference and event planner (IRL people actually pay me for this) I understand that it is far better that you get the right information at the right time rather than pieces of scrambled and illegible details. Therefore, as soon as things are finalized, information will be released.

We are very close to releasing several items of importance. We have a wonderfully experienced team putting this together, and all the hours are volunteered, so please be patient while we iron out the details. :)

Please tell your wife that a woman is in charge. ;) As an experienced conference and event planner (IRL people actually pay me for this) I understand that it is far better that you get the right information at the right time rather than pieces of scrambled and illegible details. Therefore, as soon as things are finalized, information will be released.

We are very close to releasing several items of importance. We have a wonderfully experienced team putting this together, and all the hours are volunteered, so please be patient while we iron out the details. :)
:lol: welcome to CFC, Cartimandua.

:scan:Thank You for your time and explanation.

That sounds very cool. I never have enough time to devote to a multiplayer game, and i like to finish what I start. So to join a bunch of other gamers... very interested.

Is there a Hight/Age Requirement for this ride? Or will I have to sneak in the back-door?

It sounds very cool!! Lucky you guys!! I live in Sweden and it would cost me about 1000 usd to go over there, and I don't have the money, so..... :(

As long as health and finances still permit next year, I also plan to attend. I'll patiently wait for further details.
That sounds very cool. I never have enough time to devote to a multiplayer game, and i like to finish what I start. So to join a bunch of other gamers... very interested.
:) :)

Is there a Hight/Age Requirement for this ride? Or will I have to sneak in the back-door?
There is no height requirement. :nope: As for age, that will be spelled out in detail in policies available for consultation in time for registration (at or before its start), but the short summary is that if you are 17 years of age and under you must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age and older).

It sounds very cool!! Lucky you guys!! I live in Sweden and it would cost me about 1000 usd to go over there, and I don't have the money, so..... :(
Sorry you won't be able to join us, Berba, but we certainly understand re: distance and the costs associated with that. To reaffirm something I said earlier in this thread, we will be doing what we can to document as much of the event as possible. :yup:

On behalf of the CivCon '09 Committee, I'm pleased to report that pricing and reservation availability for hotel rooms at the convention is now available. :cool: Follow the link below to the Embassy Suites Baltimore - North/Hunt Valley website for this purpose:

http://embassysuites.hilton.com/en/es/groups/personalized/BALHVES-AAP-20090806/index.jhtml

Book by July 14th, 2009 to take advantage of the special rate for a room in the block reservation for this event.

Does this indicate that the room cost is no longer going to be part of the con registration costs, or does getting a room include admission to CivCon 09?

Does this indicate that the room cost is no longer going to be part of the con registration costs, or does getting a room include admission to CivCon 09?
Fair question.

Room reservation does not include admission -- or, to be more specific, registration -- to CivCon '09. There will be a separate process and cost for registration that will begin sometime in the New Year (before August obviously :D). In extension of that, to register for this event you will not be required to use said hotel for your accommodations (e.g. if you're local to the Baltimore area).

We are aiming to ensure the cost of registration is kept to as minimum as is possible. In addition to considerations of costs attendees will almost certainly need to incur in terms of accommodation and travel, this event is not-for-profit and therefore the fees in questions will be for cost recovery.

this sounds good- i might be able to drum up some cash to come by the time i need to register- i live in LA so its a bit far but i love to travel so if i can get the money ill be their faster than flies on dog you-know-what.

I would imagine that if European fans put one together for themselves that they would receive some (token) support from Firaxis, but I wouldn't expect much. As it is, they're holding it in a hotel in the Maryland suburbs down the road from their offices; I think anything more than that is going to have to be community initiated.

Is there any chance of there being a European CIV convention?

I would imagine that if European fans put one together for themselves that they would receive some (token) support from Firaxis, but I wouldn't expect much. As it is, they're holding it in a hotel in the Maryland suburbs down the road from their offices; I think anything more than that is going to have to be community initiated.
This North American-based event is also community initiated and organized. As noted, it is being held specifically just north of Baltimore, Maryland as that is where CivIII/IV and CivRev developer Firaxis Games is located. A Civ convention could be organized and held anywhere in the world regardless of whether or not representatives from Firaxis would be able to participate, so we are fortunate in that they will be.

If there was to be a Civ convention based in Europe, it will need to be organized by at least mostly people other than those on the Committee for CivCon '09 (save one of us, all live in North America). Perhaps in future years, there could be one on both continents with respective branches of a larger Committee managing them... but that will have to wait.

Top Bottom