CivEditPro

CivalGanjaman

Chieftain
Hi Guys,

I have lots of time spare at the moment so have started to write a Civ Modding app, I have started this thread so that I can get feedback on the direction I should head whilst developing this. Currently it allows you to Edit Techs and Shift X or Y co-ords by a specified amount.

I have included the first version (0.0) to allow some people to test and give idea which xml file I should head to next when I am finished.

Note - Currently Or / And Pre Reqs, Enable Terrain Trade and Extra Moves Domain do not allow you to edit / view the data.
Add / Delete tech is not coded also.

Also if anyone can give some idea how to go about creating a graphical editable techtree in VB then please say.

If anyone would want to order the Interface for me then please say. I also plan to include a space to edit the civlopedia from the screen (I don't mod at all so wont really know the best layout)

The XML file path is hardcoded to where the Techinfo is usually for a mod so bear that in mind.

There is a short read me also for guidance.

Attachments

• CivEditPro0.0.zip
    45.3 KB · Views: 321
I have started it from scratch as the code was sloppy to allow it better expansion options :p And to make it function with tabbed browsing such as excel rather than a new window for everything. It will take a few days to get back to that stage :D let me know of any suggestions whatsoever and I will try to incorporate them

I found a pretty serious bug, instead of saving boolean values as 1 or 0, it saved them as True or False.

hey thanks for the feedback,

just to let you know I am still eager to make this work really well and hope to have a new version up soon(I have rewritten it from the ground up with a good (I hope :) ) user interface) that will let you edit everything trouble free, only thing left to master is the editing of things inside the nested tables such as flavours.

Ill keep you updated and hope you try out the new version when I post it as it has got much better :D

Top Bottom