Civilitas Maximus: MariusMagnus' Civilizations

MariusMagnus

Chieftain
Was hoping to get things set up here sooner, but hey, real life!

Allow me to begin with formalities. I am Marius, and I have been lurking these forums for 5 years now. Personally, fictional civs have always fascinated me and after years of enjoying the copious amount work and love put into them, I finally decided to have a go at creating and publishing my own, of which Eagleland and the Nowhere Islands are the result. I know I am very, very late to the scene, but it's better than never. So without further ado, let's move on the main event!

EarthBound: Eagleland (v. 7)

Civfanatics | Steam Workshop
Credits:

• Whoward69 - PlotIterators.lua
  • Typhlomence - Lua used for diplomacy dialogue
  • BouncyMischa - Lua snippets
Spoiler More Info :
Eagleland is a civilization tailored with expansion in mind, but is versatile to many strategies. Led by Ness, psychic extraordinaire and leader of the Chosen Four, the Eagles become more powerful as they discover more natural wonders, so get out there and see what the greater world has to offer!

Compatible with 3rd Unique Component, 4th Unique Component, Map Labels, Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Vox Populi, Events and Decisions

Mother 3: Nowhere Islands (v. 6)

Credits:

Spoiler More Info :
Nowhere is an isolationist civilization that excels at culture. Headed by Lucas, a young, timid boy who only desires to become stronger, the Nowhere Islands can easily remain hidden from most of the world for many centuries if that is what you desire, and is very capable of relying on itself to get by!

Compatible with 3rd Unique Component, 4th Unique Component, Map Labels, Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Vox Populi, Events and Decisions

EarthBound: The United States (v. 2)

Credits

Spoiler More Info :
Ninten's United States of America is a nation focused on happiness and starting multiple Golden Ages. Becoming stronger with each Golden Age they experience, America under the leadership of the PSI-capable Ninten -- a charming young man whose family is deep-rooted in the discovery of PSI -- has never been stronger!

Compatible with 3rd Unique Component, 4th Unique Component, Map Labels, Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Vox Populi

Mother 3: The Porky Empire (v. 1)

Credits

Spoiler More Info :
The Porky Empire is heavily focused on aggressive expansion. Reduced Unhappiness for WLTKDs allow for easier stability from conquests, and having access to future era units gives Porky -- a spoiler brat gifted the ability to ascend time and space -- the edge over his adversaries!

Compatible with 3rd Unique Component, 4th Unique Component, Civ IV Traits in Civ V, Vox Populi

Adventure Time: The Grasslands (v. 8)

Credits
Typhlomence - Lua used for diplomacy dialogue
Spoiler More Info :
The Land of Ooo emphasizes diplomacy above all else. The more City-States Finn -- a young man and protector that serves in the name of rightousness -- is able to meet and bring under his protection, the more powerful his presence on the global stage becomes!

Compatible with 3rd Unique Component, 4th Unique Component, Civ IV Traits in Civ V

Mother 4: Pleiades (v. 4)

Dropbox | Steam Workshop
Credits
Typhlomence - Lua used for diplomacy dialogue
Spoiler More Info :
Pleiades is a civilization that seeks rapid expansion. Under the command of Travis -- a psychic boy with his head in the clouds -- Pleiades is capable of earning Food from completing buildings, as well starting with extra population and Happiness. This allows the country to focus on production, which is enhanced by its Post Office unique building. Playing wide never felt better!

Compatible with 3rd Unique Component, 4th Unique Component, Civ IV Traits in Civ V

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I will leave this here, just to show that I am up to something:
Spoiler :

Just who might this REDACTED be? Could the time I'm deciding to share this (7:26 EST) be of any relevance?

Last edited:
Right on time for MOTHER's 30th anniversary, Eagleland and Nowhere are now joined by a Ninten-led United States of America! Lucas' and Ness' civilizations have each also received updates, and I have put together a soundtrack mod for all current EarthBound civs (currently only available via Steam Workshop). Happy 30th!

Hello again. I've pretty silent for a while now, because, well, I haven't been doing much modding. I do have more civilizations in the works, so hopefully they see the light of day. But for now, I have updated Eagleland, Nowhere and NUSA, introducing some bug fixes, reworks, and over 500 lines of new dialog. Per leader. I also designed some Earthbound-inspired infographics for the civs that (if I may be vain) came out well, so enjoy!

I do have more civilizations in the works, so hopefully they see the light of day.
It's been 2 years.

I've changed. You've changed.
I promise I was not lying, in fact at the beginning of 2020 I published my Porky Empire mod but just never posted it here. I do think the forum is a good backup / archive, heaven forbid anything happen to my Steam, so I've done that now. My time with Civ V has diminished considerably as I've moved on to other ventures, but I don't believe I'm done quite yet.

It's interesting how I've returned at around the same time of the year as my last post. I wonder if there's a subconscious reasoning behind that, me spontaneously deciding to hop back on to the forums at this time of the year, twice now.

It's been 2 years.

I've changed. You've changed.
I promise I was not lying, in fact at the beginning of 2020 I published my Porky Empire mod but just never posted it here. I do think the forum is a good backup / archive, heaven forbid anything happen to my Steam, so I've done that now. My time with Civ V has diminished considerably as I've moved on to other ventures, but I don't believe I'm done quite yet.

It's interesting how I've returned at around the same time of the year as my last post. I wonder if there's a subconscious reasoning behind that, me spontaneously deciding to hop back on to the forums at this time of the year, twice now.

Oh wow, it's been quite some time now, since I also entered the Civfanatics forum, trying to get my civilizations done (which however none but one ended up being finished and thanks to the VS Iso Shell Error I'm getting, I can't even currently work on these projects further...)

I remember being subscribed to your Earthbound Civs at Steam, and had lots of fun playing with them (and against them), especially since their dialogue was so fleshed out, I had to reverse-engineer your files ;-)

I'm just surprised that your civs didn't get more subscribers than they definitely deserve!

thanks to the VS Iso Shell Error I'm getting
This is just a guess, but it may be that you do not have the 2010 VS Iso Shell. Iirc that distributable is considered obsolete by Microsoft and no longer available for download by them so if you're working on a new computer you likely won't have it installed or a way to download it through Microsoft, and therefore Modbuddy will not work. This post has a download to it, however and I can confirm the link still works so give it try and see it fixes your issue.

And thank you, I'm glad you find my civs enjoyable! I certainly enjoyed designing them. Writing the diplomacy dialogue was always the most fun too so I put lots of care into it, so I'm happy to hear the work is appreciated too. I just remember playing Typhlomence's Koopa Troop and being amazed with how fleshed out the dialogue was, it was something I had never seen from a fictional civ until then. It became something I wanted to replicate in a way when I eventually went on to create my civs. I just hope the code is understandable to others...

I'm just surprised that your civs didn't get more subscribers
This is just most likely to do with how late in the scene I was when I first uploaded them. I don't personally mind, I had fun designing them and if other people have fun playing them, great!

Hi. Added two more Civilzations, The Grasslands and Pleiades, can't do my bullet list formatting for some reason too tired to figure it out. Also, Pleiades is hosted on Dropbox instead of the forums due to file size, it was either gut out the music or change where I had the download. Anyways I am going to return to slumber for about 3-4 months so until then.

Top Bottom