Civilization 3 Complete Serial Problem

A civilization

Chieftain
Hi All,

Can any one help, i bought Civilisation 3 complete from gamers gate uk online, the problem is it use run with serial they provided, but now on the website it says you must OSX 10.6, but tried to run it on lion or snow leopard, it installs, then ask for serial i enter the serial, invalid, very frustrating.

Can any one help with this problem with Apple version its digital copy.

Thanks

Tony

A Civilazation

Hi. Welcome to the CFC forums.

I can run Civ3 Complete on my 2014 iMac under High Sierra. The copy I run was first installed from CD when it was released by Aspyr many years ago, probably into Tiger? And I have subsequently migrated it to each new MacOS version. So it can run once it's installed and registered.

I assume gamersgate are selling a version that can be installed, given the right version of MacOS. You indicate that they state it requires 10.6, Snow Leopard, and that you have tried installing it in that version. If so, I can only suggest that you contact gamersgate and ask them why your serial number is failing. I'll be interested to hear what they say ...

Hi. Welcome to the CFC forums.

I can run Civ3 Complete on my 2014 iMac under High Sierra. The copy I run was first installed from CD when it was released by Aspyr many years ago, probably into Tiger? And I have subsequently migrated it to each new MacOS version. So it can run once it's installed and registered.

I assume gamersgate are selling a version that can be installed, given the right version of MacOS. You indicate that they state it requires 10.6, Snow Leopard, and that you have tried installing it in that version. If so, I can only suggest that you contact gamersgate and ask them why your serial number is failing. I'll be interested to hear what they say ...

Hi AlanH,

I contacted gamers gate, they said thats serial, its because aspyer is not supporting the game any more, i just wait until its appears on apple store, i give up it sucks, but i am running Civ3 game of the year Vanilla, its not much different and its got map editor, its got be available soon on app store, because i got sim city 2004 on there.

Thanks Alan for your help, i cleaned the whole HD on my computers, i think thats the problem, but like said i am running the other Civ3, i wish there was a trick to get rid of the stupid serial, Civ 3 which is under mascot does need one, aspyer sucks they always do this with their games, the receipt should your proof.

Thanks

Tony :)

Hi AlanH,

They might bring out a HD version like (Space colony) available on GOG, lets hope Civ 3 Complete is still a lot player love it, because its animations is great :)

Thanks

Tony

I couldn't find Civ3 on GamersGate, so I guess they have stopped selling it?

I don't think you should hold your breath for Civ3 Complete to appear in the Apple Store. Aspyr would have to do a lot of work to make that happen because of all the checks and controls that Apple place on AppStore software. And Civ3 is over 15 years old, superseded by Civ4/5/6.

Hi AlanH,

Yeah maybe you right, but we can only hope, i am think of buying the new Civ6, what do think it looks its mapping ok etc.., i am playing Vanilla Civ3 its running great, that will have do for now :)

Thanks

Tony

Civ4, 5, 6 have required increasingly high performance graphics hardware, and will certainly not run on an OS version or hardware system that runs the old MacSoft Civ3 Vanilla. If you have a recent Mac then you'll be OK.

I've stopped playing Civ - never really got into 4/5/6, so you'll have to get opinions form others here. The expert Civ players I know seem to feel that Civ4:Beyond the Sword was the version where the series peaked, but it's very much a personal choice.

Top Bottom