Civilization 4 Vs Rise Of Nations -> Which is better?

Civilization 4 Vs Rise Of Nations -> Which is Better

• Total voters

wc3promet

Warlord
Civilization 4 Vs Rise Of Nations -> Which is better?

Consider the following factors and submit your vote

1) Learning Curve
2) Replayability
3) Single Player Mode
4) Multiplayer Mode
5) Multiplayer Stability
6) Balance between each Civ
7) Fun

I never liked Rise of Nations... so I vote for civ4. But I do think its comparing apples and elephants really

It depends entirely upon your preference between Real Time and Turn Based gameplay.

I prefer Civ4, but lately I've been alternating between sessions of Civ4 and playing a few turns of Conquer the World in Rise of Nations.

IMO, RoN is better for multiplayer, and CIV is better for singleplayer.

They are both good, though.

I like CIV 4 becuase I stink at real time games. My brain is very simple, and I like to have that flashing unit that lets me know what I need to deal with. In real time, I have to watch everything at once... gosh, might as well leave entertainment and go back into the real world. Real time is too much like real life. So, I prefer the flashing unit.

The outcome of this poll would probably be the other way around when asked on the RoN-site!

if you ask the same question on a RoN forum then the votes would be very different...
RON has a waaay better multiplayer interface, it is technologically much more professional (CIV4 feels like as if it was made by elemetary school coders), but the most important thing: gameplay experience is much better in civ. CIV is much more complex too. SO: today RoN=>multiplayer CIV=>Single player, but CIV4 has the potential to be better in MP too, if they correct the ridicolous technical flaws on gamespy.

I choose Civ4, but RoN is one of my favorite RTS's ever next to Age of Empires 2 AoK. But Civ4 is still better overall in my opinion.

Don't you think that posting this question in a Civ4 or RoN forum will only get you a very skewed and therefore useless poll results? ;)

I voted RoN+ RoN : T&P simply cause i played it in MP for like 2.5 years and had a lot of fun on it while grabbing a lot of good friends.

RoN SP was awful though , i could beat the highest diffuculity < 10 min always , even without going a straight hoplites rush.

Im really looking forward to RoL for a MP game.

CiV IV is great for SP but TBS just doesnt seem to be quite as fun as RTS for MP. Now if they would only make the diplo screen fair for both party's and have the AI's go for any other VC then space the SP would be perfect.

Rise of Nations is such a **** game. I've always wondered why people liked it. The game is horrible, the gameplay.

All you really do is research stuff and mass 3 different types of units. And when you research a new technology, all your men suddenly turn into the more advanced unit! So during battle, your men will suddenly transform into more advanved units if you complete the research.

And all you really do in the game is send your army to attack. There's not much strategy, exept combining different types of units. Not even any unit micro.

Undisclosed said:
Rise of Nations is such a **** game. I've always wondered why people liked it. The game is horrible, the gameplay.

All you really do is research stuff and mass 3 different types of units. And when you research a new technology, all your men suddenly turn into the more advanced unit! So during battle, your men will suddenly transform into more advanved units if you complete the research.

And all you really do in the game is send your army to attack. There's not much strategy, exept combining different types of units. Not even any unit micro.

Edit : Changed my mind , gotta respect people opinions how wrong they may seem in my eyes.

RON is a really great game, and it has a good MP. But the best game online is Warcraft III :D

I agree , while RoN is imo a better game WC3 just had thousands more people playing and the most important diffrence is battlenet . Gamespy is a joke compared to battlenet.

1) Learning Curve = RoN
2) Replayability = Civ4
3) Single Player Mode = Civ4
4) Multiplayer Mode = RoN
5) Multiplayer Stability = RoN
6) Balance between each Civ = Civ4
7) Fun = Civ4

I like Civ4 better though

Daarkseid said:
It depends entirely upon your preference between Real Time and Turn Based gameplay.

I prefer Civ4, but lately I've been alternating between sessions of Civ4 and playing a few turns of Conquer the World in Rise of Nations.

Pardon me, if I'm wrong...

But isn't Rise Of Nations turn-based?

Although i must admit that the Civs aren't balanced in Rise of Nations...

Try Americans -> You get a Civ that has its power growing Arithmetic Progressively per turn.

EDIT: Okay, I'm wrong... Rise of Nations is indeed an RTS.

Top Bottom