Civilization 5 Game Of The Year Edition

So, this "game of the year" edition will have all the current DLCs available on Steam?
To upgrade the standard/retail version it will cost 24€.

Probably the last time I've ever bought a game on release date.

Get mOre money ouT of You.

The (first) civ4 GOTY edition was released in 2006 prior to the release of the Warlords expansion. (http://www.mobygames.com/game/sid-meiers-civilization-iv-game-of-the-year-edition)

Can't find the exact release date. But from the above link we can deduce that it must have been between March 16th and July 24th. That puts it somewhere between 5 and 9 months after the initial release. We are currently almost 6 months after the initial release of civ5. This GOTY editions is thereby right on schedule:lol:.

Good find. The Civ IV GOTY edition actually looks worse than the Civ V GOTY edition.

For instance:

A four minute long presentation on the new features included in the then-upcoming Civ IV expansion, Sid Meier's Civilization IV: Warlords, as well as the game's introduction movie.

I prefer DLC to that...

Game of the year?

The damn game wont even start after the latest patch! Nice job Firaxis :goodjob:

Could you please even TRY to fix the game? After all i HAVE payed for the game.. ..or do i have to pay more to make it working again?

You should only put out a gOTY addition if a major games magazine voted your game "game of the year" and not in a genre award.

Hey! I'm chilean and I'm still not buying any DLC for this game. Now, if that Southern California DLC comes with El Zorro UU...

No offense intended! I have Chilean friends, all with that upside-down map of the Americas in their homes.

I'm thinking the sequel to the GOTY edition will be the GUPPY edition, which contains all the DLC plus a dead fish.

Game of the year? Polish that turd!

The idea of DLC is offensive, because we all recognize it's items deliberately withheld from the game in order to extort additional revenue. GOTY edition? Hey asshats at Firaxis, I *paid* $50 for this game that wasn't complete and bug addled, you OWE us the complete game, instead of trying to ransom it to us. Execrable behavior from a company applying console gaming models to the PC.

We saw the golden era of gaming. And we will miss it.

Coming on march, 25th, for 49.99€, Link to amazon.de.
Edit:

No infos yet on amazon.com or .co.uk or any other site.
-----------------------
They should maybe fix all the stuff first and add the missing parts before they call it "Game of the year" :rolleyes:.
Actually on 12-03-2011 the price already dropped to 39.99 EUR.

The idea of DLC is offensive, because we all recognize it's items deliberately withheld from the game in order to extort additional revenue. GOTY edition? Hey asshats at Firaxis, I *paid* $50 for this game that wasn't complete and bug addled, you OWE us the complete game, instead of trying to ransom it to us. Execrable behavior from a company applying console gaming models to the PC.

Hahaha. You don't actually believe they had done the DLC by the time the game got out, do you?

You actually can be happy that they produce and sell DLC, otherwise they couldn't afford patching the game.

So true, especially the last sentence.

Hahaha. You don't actually believe they had done the DLC by the time the game got out, do you?

You actually can be happy that they produce and sell DLC, otherwise they couldn't afford patching the game.
Yeah, poor bunnies working for peanuts, we've got to feel sorry for them :rolleyes:

ya cause games never got patched before companies started selling DLC :rolleyes:

That didn't mean that they wouldn't patch the game if there wasn't DLC.

But with DLC, they actually have to patch and continue support of the game to keep things running. And I'm fine with that. They are not obliged to patch this game at all.

People don't have to buy DLC, it's nothing more than extra content created after the game has been released (except for release DLC like Babylon and Mongolia, but hey you got Mongolia for free, so why whining about that?).

I realy like how dumb everyone looks while flaming Civ5, the best of the whole series.

Hey if you loved Civ4 so much, why dont you just keep playing that and shut up?

I've been plaing Civ since its very first appearance and it just keeps on getting better.

Sure, if you want to waste your time on flaming, just go on, but you wont accomplish anything :)

I realy like how dumb everyone looks while flaming Civ5, the best of the whole series.

Hey if you loved Civ4 so much, why dont you just keep playing that and shut up?

I've been plaing Civ since its very first appearance and it just keeps on getting better.

Sure, if you want to waste your time on flaming, just go on, but you wont accomplish anything :)

OMG! A post from months ago just unfrozen from cryogenic stasis!:lol:

Seriously, where have you been? This is the most beaten horse ever.

Moderator Action: The only people here, who are allowed to tell anyone to shut up, are the moderators, so no more comments about who's supposed to post here and who not.

Actually on 12-03-2011 the price already dropped to 39.99 EUR.

...not sure if this is good or bad...

And still no infos on .com or co.uk :confused:.

I have not been able to find any American Game Of The Year edition mentioned for Civilization V.

The sum total of all DLC available for Civilization V in Steam costs US$27.46 ($4.99 for Babylon; $9.99 for 'Cradle of Civilization' bundle which includes Americas, Asia, Mediterranean and Mesopotamia [saves $1.97 over buying these individually]; $7.49 for Spain and Inca; $4.99 for Polynesia).

In my mind, this "Stunt" is a deal that equals Half-Price of what i've already spent.
It can even be perceived (from a 2K perspective) as a clear sign that they're either giving up on that product or want to mark a transition between current DLC releases and probably any further prospect with expansion(s).
As for quality (or stability), it's almost obvious there's a conflict between developer & distributor once again; 1) Hurry up to get the cash cow machine in place or 2) Respect the market by supplying any stable releases when ready only.

GOTY is a joke & misleading enough to draw attention from the casuals & sadly, it works.
Energy & money should have been invested in staff & devs to actually fix the initial product_design_features in due time.
Shareholders are on the panic button soooooo, 2K answers back with marketing ploys.

In the meantime, the game we bought still suffers from a lack of coding solutions.

As a result, the whole gaming Industry is heading for a catastrophic wall; consumers are no fools.

Top Bottom