Civilization 6: Ideas

I actually like cities being able to defend themselves, it's a useful tool that lets me send my warrior and the like out to more stuff instead of garrisoning like I used to do in Civ4. I agree that cities are a bit strong, but I like having some defense.

I think a city's ranged attack should scale in strength better or maybe require city walls. It is silly how in civ5, a settler is defenseless but the instant it becomes a city, that tiny pop 1 stone age city can suddenly hold off barbarians with a single ranged attack. Where is that ranged attack coming from if it is a newly settled city with no buildings and only 1 pop?

Personally, I think a city should have a defensive melee strength that represents the population's resistance to invaders but not a ranged attack until you build a specific defensive building.

Also, a city's strength should depend at least in part on how much money you're paying to garrison it. You should be able to choose how well defended you want one city to be. That way, you can have weak interior cities, and much stronger but also costlier border cities. I know this is partially reflected in where you build your defensive structures, but I think there should be more of a decision of where you're putting your limited resources. That way, you're forced to prioritize more, and it would penalize stretched out empires more.

I think a city's ranged attack should scale in strength better or maybe require city walls. It is silly how in civ5, a settler is defenseless but the instant it becomes a city, that tiny pop 1 stone age city can suddenly hold off barbarians with a single ranged attack. Where is that ranged attack coming from if it is a newly settled city with no buildings and only 1 pop?

So your issue is with some realism, and you're neutral on the "must garrison everywhere" Civ IV idiom. When a Settler founds a city, it's not believable they have anything up and running. But if they do put stuff there, it should be effective.

Hmm... perhaps outposts -> cities? Or maybe upgrades of the settler unit as the game goes on, with the first "settler" being a unique predecessor? I really want the latter one at least, something to tell the story of how the capital is different, perhaps justify it having instantly more productiveness than other cities. It's like in a late era start; you get some history and time for free. Or alternately the unique start settler could be -weaker- than later settlers, so that indeed, that first one is a stone age settlement, but later ones avoid that weakness for you. Or a mix, so that only the first settler is instant and later ones have the outpost period. These things could be set in game configuration.

And upgraded settlers makes sense and I think is necessary at least once. Setting up a city in modern eras is just a different kind of thing from sending out young guys and women with some oxen. Of course, I would prefer if a well-played game by all players simply never had unsettled territory after industrializing.

millenium celebrations - and millenium bug if developed the internet.

o•°´•««҈҉»»•`°•ĤΛṖṖΫ•°★°•₪ЄѠ ΫЄΛŔ!•°´•««҈҉»»•`°•o

Concerning the city defense, i like meowschwitz's ideas, and my personnal preference is going to cities that can't defend without walls, because I really loved the way your legions were marching in an undefended city in Civ2 in one click, with the proper sounds. This feeling was essential for me. One click = bang ! the city is yours. It has a really nasty feeling. :D

meowschwitz's multiple scale hexes idea (which have been seen from here to here) seems essential put as it, even if i would prefer simply and more elegantly a closer scale for everything. (no multiple hexes, simply more of them, with more spaced moutains (posibly with passes) and maybe passable in some particular way)

Personnally, I would rather see a mean to fortify a city a lot more quickly than building walls, castles, arsenal and military bases, + searching for the appropriate techs + building (and place) units, because in Civ: BE this takes way too much time for new and therefore more frontier cities. Either we should have the choice to build improved settlers that bring with them a set of prebuilt buildings, either we should have a city "stance" to choose from a range of bonuses, that would be like instant production but additional to the traditional production queue.

For example : do you choose +5 additionnal production, +5 science, +5 gold, +5 culture, or +5 defense strenght ? (provided +5 defense strenght is enough to resist to a moderate assault) Those bonuses could scale with population, for example one bonus of choosed unit per population. For what I care, it could as well be another production idle added to the ones we know. (after all a city defending can't do much else, and it represents the destructions it has suffered during the assault(s))

Also moving the units is a little tedious, and with wider scale it would be worse. That's why instead of having multiple units, I would propose to have army points that you could spend immediatelly all over your territory. Don't forget that Roman emperors could fight two far wars, to the opposite of this vast territory, in one year, whereas one turn is much more especially early. Maybe the whole system could be based on this "building army" production idle, to represent the national effort. You could also build up expeditions, that would basically be national wonders, except that multiple cities could build them. Then, your expedition could be managed like Civ5/CivBE espionnage (more detailled), or by materializing an army like i described above in this topic. Your spies would be essential here : according to the number of details they give you, you could take your decisions.

NOTE: This isn't a complete list of every idea I have, more so a rough outline of all of them. That's why, for example, there's not much information on changes to policies. Also not that this is the idea for vanilla. And that should be, tell me what you think!

CIVILIZATIONS (Default):
Spoiler :
Spoiler England :
Leader: Elizabeth
Start Bias: Coast
Sun Never Sets: +2 movement for naval and embarked units, receive an an extra spy when entering the Renaissance.
Unique Unit: Longbowman, replaces Crossbowman. Starts with Range.
Unique Unit: Ship of the Line, replaces Frigate. Stronger than the Frigate and starts with Sentry.
Unique Building: Parish Church, replaces Temple. Provides +2 happiness.

Spoiler Denmark :
Leader: Harald Bluetooth
Viking Heritage: Units receive +1 embarked movement. Units may no extra movement to disembark and no movement to pillage. Units gain double health and gold for pillaging improvements.
Unit Unit: Berserker, replaces Longswordman. Starts with Amphibious, has +1 movement and becomes available at Metal Casting.
Unit Unit: Longboat, replaces Trireme. Can enter ocean tiles.
Unique Building: Runestone, replaces Amphitheater. Proves +2 culture instead of +1. Has a great work of writing slot which produces +2 faith when filled. Provides +2 science after Archaeology.

Spoiler Germany :
Leader: Bismark
Start Bias: None
Furor Teutonicus: Clearing a barbarian encampment provides a unit. Pay 25% less for land unit maintenance.
Unit Unit: Jager, replaces Rifleman. Starts with Scouting 1 and Survivalism 1, and has access to promotions normally just for scouting units.
Unique Unit: Panzer, replaces Tank. Has increased strength and +1 movement, starts with Blitz.
Unique Building: Hanse, replaces Bank. Provides +5% production for each trade route the empire has with a city state.

Spoiler France :
Leader: Napoleon
City of Light: Free culture building in the capital. Tourism output is doubled in the capital.
Unique Unit: Musketeer, replaces Musketman. Stronger than the musketman.
Unique Unit: Foreign Legion, replaces Great War Infantry. Receives a 20% combat bonus in foreign territory.
Unique Improvement: Chateau, unlocks at Chivalry. Must be build next to a luxury resource and not next to another Chateau. Proves +2 gold and +2 culture, and +1 happiness to all cities within 3 tiles. Provides +3 gold and +3 culture once Steam Power has been researched.

Spoiler Russia :
Leader: Catherine
Start Bias: Tundra
The Russian Winter: Ice and Tundra penalties are doubled for units in Russian territory. +1 production on strategic resources.
Unique Unit: Cossack, replaces Cavalier. Has a 25% bonus against injured units.
Unique Unit: Streltsy, replaced musketman. Cheaper to produce and have a +15% bonus in Russian lands.
Unique Building: Krepost, replaces Barracks. Costs no maintenance and reduces gold and culture cost of acquiring new tiles in this city by 25%.

Spoiler Greece :
Leader: Alexander
Hellenic League: City State relations degrade at half rate and recover at double rate. May move through neutral city state territory without penalty.
Unique Unit: Hoplite, replaces Spearman. Has increased strength.
Unique Unit: Companion Cavalry, replaces Horseman. Has +1 movement and has Great Generals 1.
Unique Building: Odeon, replaces amphitheater. Has a slot for a great work of writing, music and art/artifact, with a theming bonus of 'each from the same civilization/era.'

Spoiler Rome :
Leader: Augustus Caesar
Glory of Rome: +25% of buildings which already exist in the capital.
Unique Unit: Praetorian, replaces Swordsman. Stronger than the swordsman and can build roads and forts.
Unique Unit: Ballista, replaces Catapult. Has increased range and melee strength compared to the catapult.
Unique Building: Forum, replaces Market. Increases Great People birth rate by 25%.

Spoiler America :
Leader: Washington
Land of Pilgrim's Pride: Cooperations produce 25% more gold and representatives are trained in half the normal time. +15 XP for all air units and +15% production of air units. +2 Science and +2 Gold in all cities once Industrialization has been discovered.
Unique Unit: B Series Bomber, replaces Bomber. Starts with Siege 1 and Bombardment 1.
Unique Unit: F Series Fighter, replaces Modern Fighter. Starts with Range and Ambush.
Unique Building: Mall, replaces Supermarket. Provides +1 culture for each citizen in the city and +3 happiness.

Spoiler Iroquois :
Leader: Hiawatha
Start Bias: Forest
The Great Warpath: Units pay no extra movement to traverse forest and jungle and ignore enemy zone of control in forests and jungles. Forests and jungle in your territory acts as roads and can be used to establish city connections.
Unique Unit: Mohawk Warrior, replaces Swordsman. Requires no iron and starts with Woodsman.
Unique Unit: War Canoe, replaces Galley. Has +1 movement and is cheaper to build.
Unique Building: Longhouse, replaces Granary. Costs no maintenance, is cheaper to build, and provides +1 happiness when connected to the capital.

Spoiler Maya :
Leader: Pacal
The Long Count: Once Theology has been researched, receive a free great person of your choice every Mayan calender cycle (394 years), starting from the point the technology was researched. Each can only be chosen once.
Unique Unit: Atlatlist, replaces Archer. Available at Agriculture and is cheaper to produce.
Unique Unit: Holcan, replaces spearman. Receives a 25% bonus when attacking.
Unique Building: Pyramid, replaces Shrine. Provides +1 faith and +1 science, the bonus increasing by one for each passing era.

Spoiler Aztecs :
Sacrificial Captives
Unique Unit: Jaguar, replaces Warrior. Starts with Woodsman and heals 25 HP upon killing an enemy.
Unique Unit: Eagle, replaces Archer. Starts with Woodsman and gains golden age points upon killing an enemy.
Unique Building: Floating Gardens, replaces Watermill. Provides no production and the city must be next to a lake. Costs no maintenance and provides +15% food, and +2 food on lake tiles.

Spoiler Japan :
Leader: Oda Nobunaga.
Bushido: Units fight at full strength even while injured. +2 Culture from atolls and fishing boats.
Unique Unit: Samurai, replaces Longswordsman. Starts with Shock 1 and Great Generals 1. Can construct fishing boats when embarked.
Unique Unit: Zero, replaces Fighter. Cheaper to build, requires no oil, starts with Targeting 1, +100% against helicopters and bombers.
Unique Building: Dojo, replaces Armory. Provides +2 health and provides access to a series of unique promotions. These promotions are named after various Japanese martial arts and have unit affects (for example, Kendo is a bonus against melee units).

Spoiler Mongolia :
Leader: Ghengis Kahn
Start Bias: Plains
Mongol Terror: +1 movement for all mounted units. +50% bonus against city states and their units.
Unique Unit: Keshik, replaces Cranquinman. No penalty when attacking cities. Possesses Quick Study and Great Generals 1.
Unique Unit: Kahn, replaces Great General. Has +2 movement and heals adjacent/stacked units for 15 HP per turn.
Unique Building: Ger, replaces Stable. +25% building mounted units and +15 XP for mounted units.

Spoiler China :
Leader: Qin Shi Huang
Art of War: Great General spawn rate is increased by 50% and their bonus is doubled.
Unique Unit: Cho Ko No, replaces Crossbowman. Weaker but can attack twice and still earn logistics.
Unique Unit: Junk, replaces Brigantine. Stronger than the Brigantine.
Unique Building: Paper Maker, replaces library. Costs no maintenance, instead producing 2 gold.

Spoiler India :
Leader: Ghandi
Population Growth: Unhappiness from number of citizens halved, unhappiness from number of citizens doubled.
Unique Unit: War Elephant, replaces Cranquinman. Does not require horses, higher melee and ranged strength, -1 movement.
Unique Unit: Talwar Swordsman, replaces Swordsman. Starts with the Formation promotion, increasing its effectiveness against mounted units.
Unique Building: Mughal Fort, replaces castle. Provides a bit more defense that the castle and provides +2 culture.

Spoiler Arabia :
Leader: Saladin
Start Bias: Desert
Ships of the Desert: Caravan range increased by 50% and trade routes spread religion at double rate. Oil provides double quantities and +1 gold.
Unique Unit: Camel Archer, replaces Cranquinman. Does not require horses, has no city attack penalty and starts with Accuracy 1.
Unique Unit: Mamluk, replaces Lancer. Has greater strength.
Unique Building: Bazaar, replaces Market. Provides an extra copy of each luxury resource near the city and provivdes +2 gold on oasis and oil.

Spoiler Ottomans :
Leader: Suleiman
Barbary Corsairs: All naval combat units start with the Prize Ships promotion. Pay 2/3 less naval unit maintenance.
Unique Unit: Sipahi, replaces Lancer. +1 movement and +1 sight. Pays no movement cost to pillage.
Unique Unit: Janissary, replaces Musketman. Heals 25 health upon defeating an enemy and has a 25% bonus when attacking.
Unique Building: Hammam, replaces Aqueduct. Produces more happiness the healthier the city is, and causes 50% of food to carry over after growth instead of 40%.

Spoiler Persia :
Leader: Cyprus
Start Bias: Desert
Achaemenid Legacy: Golden Ages last 50% longer. All units receive +10% strength and +1 move during a golden age.
Unique Unit: Immortal, replaces Spearman. Slightly stronger and heals at double rate.
Unique Unit: Sparabara, replaces Swordsman. Requires no iron and starts with Cover 1.
Unique Building: Satrap's Court, replaces Bank. Produces +2 happiness and reduces maintenance by 10%.

Spoiler Egypt :
Leader: Ramses II
Start Bias: Avoid forest and jungle
Monument Builders: +20% production when building Wonders.
Unique Unit: War Chariot, replaces Chariot Archer. +1 movement and extra ranged strength.
Unique Unit: Nubian Mercenary, replaces Archer. Can move the turn it is purchased and when build starts with a free 15 XP.
Unique Building: Burial Tomb, replaces Cemetery. More expensive than the cemetery, but produces +1 faith and +1 culture, and holds a slot for a great work of art or artifact. When the great work slot is filled, great people generation goes from 15% to 25%.

Spoiler Songhai :
Leader: Askia
Start Bias: Avoid tundra
River Warlords: Receive triple gold from pillaging cities and barbarian encampments. All land military units start with Amphibious and Extra Embarked Defense.
Unique Unit: Mandekalu Cavarly, replaces Knight. No city attack penalty.
Unique Unit: ???
Unique Building: Mud Pyramid Mosque, replaces Temple. No maintenance, +2 culture.

Social Policies (by era):
Ancient:
Tradition- Best for tall empires, this tree is geared towards a small number of big cities.
Liberty- Best for wide empires, this tree is geared towards rapid expansion and maintaining such a large number of cities.
Honor- Best for warmongers, this tree is geared towards having a stronger and cheaper military.
Piety- Best for empires looking for a religion, this tree is geared towards founding a religion and producing faith.

Classic:
Patronage- Best for diplomatic empires, this tree is geared towards more easily making city state allies and gaining more bonuses from them.
Aesthetics- Best for cultural empires, this tree is geared towards maximizing tourism and culture.

Medieval:
Commerce- Best for economic empires, this tree is geared towards producing and saving vast amounts of gold.
Zealotry- Best for evangelical empires, this tree is geared towards reaping extra benefits from your religion, especially your official religion.
Stewardship- Best for empires desiring health and greater benefits from the terrain, this tree is geared toward increasing the raw output of the land.

Renaissance:
Exploration- Best for naval empires, this tree is geared towards increasing gold, tourism and military power through the seas.
Rationalism- Best for scientific empires, this tree is geared towards increasing research.

Ideology (Freedom-Order-Autocracy)
Each ideology is viable for any victory condition.

New Mechanics:
Corporations
Available starting in the industrial era. Each coorporation is unlocked by researching a specific technology and founded by sacrificing an appropriate Great Person, who becomes a Representative. When founded, a civilization can be either Freelance or Government Funded. Freelance cooperations cost no money but also provide no money, while a Government Funded one costs gold to maintain, but also provides gold for cities it operates in, with the payout being larger in larger cities. If a company is freelance, a civilization can buy it and becomes it's new owner.

Cooperations are spread via representatives, which are provided by founding them and by training them in cities of yours in which the cooperation operates. They are like missionaries, though rather than remove inquisitors, Cooporations can be removed with a click on the cooperation menu and even outlawed. However, this produces unhappiness. Having a cooperation functioning in a different nation increases tourism to that country.

Spoiler Some Cooperations are: :
Processed Meat: +1 food from cow, sheep, and pig, +1 happiness in cities with access to this resource.
Sid's Sushi: +1 food and +1 gold on crab, pearl, and fish.
Biofeul: Provides +2 oil for each source oil wheat.
Electronic Entertainment Company: Provides +3 happiness in each city which has energy access.
Horse Racing: Provides +1 happiness and +1 gold for each source of horse available in the cities.
Automotive Engineering: +1 production on iron, copper and aluminum, +1 happiness for each free source of iron in this city.

Health:
Unhealthy is caused by population and certain terrain types, as well as contact with unhealthier cities. If a city is unhealthy, it grows a bit slower. The more unhealthy, the greater the penalty. A very unhealthy city might even be the spawning point of a plague, which can deal notable damage to your growth, happiness and productivity, making it important to watch your health. Plagues can spread via trade routes and city connections, though a healthy city will be more resilient. Come late game the Hospital is unlocked, and health is unlikely to keep being an issue.

Energy:
Energy is basically electrical access. It is provided by building certain buildings and can be spread from generating cities with certain improvements. Energy provides access to various benefits and is needed to build certain buildings. Energy is provided by the following buildings:
Factory (requires coal, additional bonus of flat production)
Hydro Plant (requires river or coast, additional bonus of production on coast and river tiles)
Solar Plant (requires desert, additional bonus of gold on desert)
Nuclear Power Plant (requires uranium, additional bonus of flat production)
Wind Farm (an improvement which must be build on tiles without forest/jungle, provides gold as well)
A city must pick one of the 'plants' for its energy needs, or Wind Farms around it can provide energy as well. Once alternative energy such as Solar, Hydro, Nuclear or Wind is established, the unhealthiness caused by Factories is cancelled out.

City Distances:
Combining Civ4 and Civ5, both buildings and cities cost maintenance. Flat maintenance increases with distance from other cities, especially the capital. However, trade connections like roads or harbors, as well as other cities forming a network, reduces this, more so if those cities are connected to others. There is also unhappiness which arises from settling to far from your other cities as well. However, both gold and happiness are easier to come by, so such settlements are not implausible to found and settling conventionally is a bit easier. However, founding on a completely different continent separated by a large body of water makes these penalties greater.

When founding cities after reaching the Renaissance era, one can choose to have it be a Colony. Colonies cost much less maintenance and are less unhappy about their distance, but you cannot control them, like with puppets. Colonies can be 'annexed' at any point, making them function as normal cities. One thing to note is that Puppets no longer have the science penalty, though they do produce less culture.

Taxes:
Your empire has a 'tax slider', similar to the science or culture sliders from Civ4. Increasing it will provide more gold depending on the amount of population in your empire, but also increase unhappiness. Decreasing it will not reduce happiness, but gold as well. The scale does, for familiarity, go from 0% to 100%, but unhappiness increases exponentially as the slider goes up while gold only goes up linearly.

CHANGES:
New Buildings:
Cemetery: +15% Great People generation, available at Masonry.

Supermarket, +5 food, available at Refrigeration.

Airport, changed so it now establishes city connections and allows air trade routes to be established in/from this city.

Police Station/Courthouse, changed to reduce unhappiness from number of citizens by 15% and 25% respectively.

Intelligence Office, reduces enemy spy rate. Does not require a Constabulary, instead it requires the National Intelligence Center national wonder to be constructed. Once constructed, this cities potential (determined by things like science output, population, etc.) is added the empire Total Potential, and you get spies for every certain amount of Total Potential. By the late game, spies are everywhere.

Vivarium, +1 food on desert tiles, city must be on or adjacent to desert, available at Fertilizer. Borrowed from Beyond Earth, this building produces +1 food on desert tiles. This makes these locations more viable without Petra, and makes Petra's bonus towards the tiles even more potent.

New Units:
Cargo Plane, allows cities with Airports to establish air trade routes, which are more effective than Sea Trade routes and are most of what you're going to run come the late game.

Ranged Mounted tree, continuations of the Chariot Archer line. It was always odd how the Chariot Archer, Keshik and Camel Archer could gain these ranged promotions and then them become useless, so to change this and be more consistent throughout the game, there is now an upgrade path consisting of ranged mobile units.
Spoiler :
Cranquinman: Upgrade to Chariot Archer, becomes available at Machinery.
Ranger: Upgrade to Cranquinman, becomes available at Rifling.
Combat Jeep: Upgrade to Ranger, becomes available at Radio.
Armored Assault Vehicle: Upgrade to Combat Jeep, becomes available at Nuclear Fission

As with Gatling guns and machine guns, the Ranger, Combat Jeep and Armored Assault Vehicle only have one range by default.

Fighters have been split into Biplane/Fighter/Jet Fighter/Modern Fighter.

Bombers have been split into WW1 Bomber/Bomber/Jet Bomber.
Stealth Bombers are built separately, and are some of the most powerful and expensive units around.

The Melee naval promotion tree now looks like this:
Galley (Ancient)-> Brigantine (Medieval)-> Caravel (Renaissance)-> Iron Clad (Industrial)-> Destroyer (Modern)

The ranged naval promotion tree now looks like this:
Trireme (Classical) -> Galleas (Medieval) -> Frigate (Renaissance) -> Dreadnought (Industrial) -> Battleship (Modern)

Combat Changes:
One Unit per tile is still mostly in effect: Each land tile can hold a civilian unit and a combat unit. However, any three combat units can combine at any point in the game. This increases strength and combines there effects, but not all the time (Archer+Spearman does not have a bonus on melee when ranged attacking, for example). A unit can enter and leave these squadrons in the same turn, so units can pass through one stack to enter another beyond it. Units with higher move paired with lower move units (for example, Chariot Archer+Swordsman) usually increases movement, but not the level of the more mobile unit on its own. The stats of units in the squadron are a mix of those in the stack, though their strength is notably more than one unit.

Combining multiples of the same unit on their own results in a stronger version of that unit, though your fire power/resilience is reduced compared to when they were spread out. A squad of three archers isn't quite as effective as three archers on separate tiles. This is mostly to make moving units easier or performing large scale assaults where you have to many units to use them all when separate. Combined units share experience gained and damage, though there higher power means that the damage is close to what it would have been if it was spread across them all after attacking one.

Cities are a bit weaker early on in the game, so a rush of warriors is a notably more viable strategy. However, come the late game they're notably tougher nuts to crack than in civ5, and building certain buildings actually gives them multiple ranged attacks.

There are now 'equipment promotions', which cannot be earned with experience. An example is Winter Clothes, which negates penalties on Tundra and Snow. These are unlocked by certain technologies (though some are granted passively by terrain before the promotion is normally available) and can be gotten on a unit either by increasing their production cost or spending gold once they've already been built.

Tiles
General tile yields have been increased, and the land is more fertile and potent on its own, more akin to civ4 than civ5. Hills can provide food and production by default, lakes provide 3 food, and tiles adjacent to a river produce +1 gold again.

Most units in tundra and snow will suffer penalties: Normally this is combat penalties, though units will also lose HP unless they possess the Winter Clothes promotion, and equipment promotion granted automatically to cities near tundra and snow. Snow Hills and flatlands now produce something, though are still weak.

Ice can no longer touch the mainland, opening up the map more for naval units.

Great Admirals can now establish a Marina on coastal tiles without resources. These provide +1 food, +3 production and +3 gold, as well as a 50% defense bonus to naval combat units stationed there. While a lighthouse boosts the food of the coastal tile the Marina is built on, it is otherwise not improved by things like God of the Sea or Seaports.

Forts and Citadels can be used to hold air units and naval units when on the coast. Forts can also be constructed in conjunction with an existent improvement and no longer remove forests and such, but cost maintenance. Citadels do not cost maintenance.

Expansion Costs:
Cities produce both unhappiness and cost gold. However, these resources are more available. Tiles tend to produce gold and cities produce +1 gold in addition to their default 2 food 1 production. You start with enough happiness to maintain two expansions even on deity, if they aren't spaced very far. Luxuries provide more happiness as well.

Local Happiness is a bit more important, and a city which is locally unhappy will grow and build pretty slowly, though as in Beyond Earth the severity is determined by just how unhappy: the penalty increasing exponential. Unhealthiness is completely city dependent, and also slows growth and generates unhappiness. Now, Global Happiness is still important though: An empire which is globally unhappy receives penalties to the local happiness of all cities and research will be slowed. One city of well kept individuals and three which are miserable and wallowing in disease will not progress unless those issues are addressed.

Religion and Espionage Changes:
Civs can now have a state religion. This is what affects your relation with other civs (rather than religious presence in your empire). Founding a religion does not make it your state religion.

State religions spread at an increased rate within your borders and affect your relations with other civs. In order to make a religion your state religion, you must have at least one citizen following it. Rest assured, that citizen will become many citizens rather quickly. However, having a state religion also produces unhappiness for those who follow other religions.

Espionage unlocks much earlier in the game and can do many more things. Not only can your spies sabotage construction and temporarily disable buildings, but they can also destroy documents (such as Defensive Pacts or Peace Treatise) and steal Great Works in addition to their normal information gathering.

Spies now become available in the classical era instead of the Renaissance, and by the end game many more spies become available. When they first become available, however, low potential means they're more for information and sabotage than tech stealing.

Trade:
Largely the same, though Caravans and Cargo Ships can reach farther than ever by using another city as an in-between point. Friendly and Allied city states can be used this way, as can civilizations you set up an Open Trade agreement with. These can allow more lucrative trade routes to be fulfilled, but unless the in between point is one of your cities than part of the gold and science goes to the in between city rather than to you, and for internal trade routes part of the food and hammers will go to the in between city instead of the city the trade route is actually to. However, resource diversity, unknown technology and other modifiers the in between city has will affect the trade route, potentially making up for the things they take. Cargo Planes cannot do this.

World Congress:
You can leave or not join the world congress. Some resolutions have been added, such as Free Trade, giving automatic Open Trade deals between all members and city states allied with them.

Diplomacy:
As in Beyond Earth, favors can be traded instead of an actual resource. The game keeps track of what these favors are for and they have their own tab, as with Other Players and Cities. So, a favor for '50 gold' will not be equivalent to a favor for 'declare war on X'. You are expected to fulfill these favors, but every time the favor is refused to be repaid, the diplomatic penalty becomes greater, more so the longer the favor has been sat on. This means asking thrice for the favor to be filled in three turns is a minor one, if any, while asking thrice in 100 turns is going to be taken far more seriously. This all depends on how big the favor is, of course.

One change is how asking civilizations to war is: You can ask them to target certain certain places or cities (they may drive up the price if it's difficult to set up their troops there) and even reserve ownership of the city once or if they take it, at a higher cost. In addition, when two civilizations work together to take a city, they can negotiate who gets it. The one who did more to take it will be given a naturally higher right to it, but enough compensation can give it to the less involved player as well.

Maps can be traded again, though technologies cannot.

One can also form a domination alliance with other civs. Depending on the size of the map, you will be able to join with a certain number of civs and take over the world with them. In addition, relations are a bit more personal: If Napoleon has no opinion on Elizabeth and you back stab Elizabeth, he often won't care. He'll be happy about it if he hates Elizabeth, or very angry if the two are allied. It's very possible to become close to warmonger or the like and then the two of you go on a rampage which causes everyone to hate you while the two of you are still friendly.

City States return and work similarly to Civ5. However, there are some differences. Mercantile City states provided a unique luxury and additional happiness, while Militaristic city states can gift unique units when allied. Based on this, Cultured City States give a special Great Work to their ally. Another change is that City States can now be razed, and if a cultured, militaristic or mercantile city state is captures their unique bonus can be taken from the city. This happens as with any great work for cultured, the luxury can be ported to be based in another city with mercantile, and the empire gains the secrets of the unique unit for militaristic.

America's mall sounds really, really OP. In my games my cities usually grow to around size 20ish so that is 4-7 cities, times 20 population, times 3 happiness per population so that's anywhere from 240 happiness to 420 happiness. So unless you plan to change happiness so that people are a lot less happy you might want to change it. I do really like the health idea and air trade routes though and it seems like a very detailed plan. It does seem to gravitate towards Civ 4 with corporations, state religion, and health but also has Civ 5 ideas and adds to the ideas of Civ 4 with outlawing and banning corporations and such.

One thing that I would like in Civ 6 would be taxes. You would adjust the rate with higher rates making more money but having an angrier populace. That would be nice.

I do really like your plan though.

America's mall sounds really, really OP. In my games my cities usually grow to around size 20ish so that is 4-7 cities, times 20 population, times 3 happiness per population so that's anywhere from 240 happiness to 420 happiness. So unless you plan to change happiness so that people are a lot less happy you might want to change it.
Actually, the three happiness is a flat bonus, the culture is population dependent.

I do really like the health idea and air trade routes though and it seems like a very detailed plan. It does seem to gravitate towards Civ 4 with corporations, state religion, and health but also has Civ 5 ideas and adds to the ideas of Civ 4 with outlawing and banning corporations and such.
Thank you! I don't know if it leans more towards Civ4, since Civ5 is the one I prefer, but Civ4 had a lot of concepts I thought were very interesting and could fit well with some of Civ5 mechanics, such as the state religions.

One thing that I would like in Civ 6 would be taxes. You would adjust the rate with higher rates making more money but having an angrier populace. That would be nice.

I do really like your plan though.

Hm, interesting...taxes are a very important part of history.

Thank you.

I like how you gave each nation two unique units and two buildings, really helps to set them apart. You forgot the Dutch though.

I know there are plenty of posts for this, but the wall of text I'm about to drop on folks may have been a bit too much for the other posts. Ahead of time apology to the mods if this is a problem.

Anyways, after taking a break from some mod work and turning on some music to mellow out to, I had some ideas come to mind for Civ 6. I doubt these directions will be taken, but I think they would be cool.

New & Old Civilizations

Spoiler :
Just going to keep this list simple with the civs and leaders that I would love to see in the next game. My list isn't limited to just these civs, they're just the ones I picked off the top of my head. Some haven't changed while others have in terms of leadership :)

America - Andrew Jackson
Canada - John A. Macdonald
England - Winston Churchhill
The Iceni - Bouddica
Scotland - Charles II
Ireland - Wolfe Tone
Moors - Ar-Rahman
Ayyubid - Saladin
Ottomans - Suleiman
India - Gandhi (You can never have too much nuclear peace)
Denmark - Herald Bluetooth
Sweden - Gustavus Adolphus
Poland - Sigismund Vasa
Korea - Sejong
France - Henry IV
Japan - Oda Nubunaga
Germany - Bismarck

New Victory Types
Spoiler :
I would like to see three different ways of winning the game for each current victory type we have with Civ 5, with a bit of the Beyond Earth affinity system to it. Some of these I will cover in greater details in other sections of this post.

Peaceful, Neutral, and Hostile.

Your levels of Hostility, Neutrality, and Peace would be determined by two things; The way your Citizens view your leadership and the way other Civilizations see you as a leader.

-=Peaceful Victory types=-

#1 Peaceful Domination
Majority of Civilizations have allowed you to establish Military bases inside of their territory. Considering you as a crucial part in their survival against hostile Civilizations.

#2 Peaceful Cultural
You've impressed the people around the world with your peaceful culture, showing that war is not always the answer, and that simple understanding & exchange is enough to ensure a better tomorrow.

#3 Peaceful Science
You have improved the life for all humans in this world. You've discovered renewable energy, solved world hunger, and overall improved the quality life for all people.

#4 Peaceful World Leader
Your outstanding ability to secure peace through politics has ensured a peaceful tomorrow. Leaders from all over the world seek your guidance.

-=Neutral Victory types=-

#1 Neutral Domination
You have forged a global alliance the likes of which has forced hostile civilizations to give in to the power of your united might either through peaceful alignment or total destruction.

#2 Neutral Cultural
You and other Civilizations openly exchange culture with each other, blurring the lines of differences of each others cultures. Thus truly making you all one in the same.

#3 Neutral Science
You and the brightest minds across the world have come together to solve the world's issues. This is a victory for all of humanity to share in together.

#4 Neutral World Leader
You have formed a global council comprised of the best political minds. Through mutual cooperation and agreement, this new global council will ensure a better tomorrow for all.

-=Hostile Victory types=-

#1 Hostile Domination
You have conquered a majority of civilizations throughout the world. All other civilizations must now bow their heads to you, or face total destruction at the hand of your military might.

#2 Hostile Cultural
Citizens influenced by your way of life, have risen up against their former leaders. Through successful revolutions these civilizations are now under new management and raise your civilization's flag above their own cities.

#3 Hostile Science

You have improved the way of life for your civilization, hording these advancements only for the benefit of your own people. The world's problems are just that, the world's problems, not yours.

#4 Hostile World Leader
World Leaders around the world bow their heads to you for your political might. To save their own status in their civilizations, they must mold their politics to better suit yours.

I think 12 different victory types is enough and it allows players to approach each victory type differently in multiple ways. :)

New Diplomacy System

Spoiler :
Civ 5's Diplomacy system isn't perfect, but it isn't 100% terrible either. I will save everyone time of reading through my past experiences, so I will just cut to the chase of how I feel/wish things were done.

I would like to see Civilization's Diplomacy System act more like a level system. Each level of diplomacy with other civilizations will allow you to do different things. Down below you will see a example of what I'm getting at. We will use the Huns as our Civ we're engaging in diplomatic discussions with.

Level 1 Hunnic relations.
Non-Aggression Agreement -You're a little more friendly with the civilization. You agree not to seek aggression against them, but you're not saying you won't fight them if push comes to shove.

Diplomatic options available after established Non-Aggression Agreement.
Closed Trade - Allowing the establishing of strategic trade between your civilizations.

Visitation - Allows citizens to openly move in between civilizations legally. They're not allowed to settle down in the foreign civilization, but they're allowed to visit.

Achieve Level 2 Hunnic relations if you establish both Closed Trade and Visitations.

Level 2 Hunnic relations.
Embassy Establishment - You acknowledge the Hunnic Government and establish more open Diplomatic discussions with them. You're at a neutral stance with their government at best. Neither at war, but neither friends.

Diplomatic options available after establishing Embassies.
Open Trade - Allows you to establish trade routes between your civilizations and the trade of luxury resources.

Extended Visitation - Allows citizens to openly move in between civilizations legally. They're not allowed to settle down in the foreign civilization, but they're allowed to visit for longer periods of time.

Citizenship - Allows citizens to seek residence in the other Civilization.

Achieve level 3 Hunnic relations if you establish Open Trade, Extended Visitation, and Citizenship.

Level 3 Hunnic relations.
Political Friendship - You're openly friendly with the civilization's government and don't hide it from other civilizations.

Diplomatic options available after establishing Political Friendship.
Open Borders - Allows non-military units to move through each other's borders.

Defense Pacts - Both Civilizations declare war on another civilization if it declares war on one of them.

Cultural Exchange - Allows civilizations to more openly exchange culture be it religiously or lifestyle.

Achieve level 4 Hunnic relations if you establish Open Borders, Defense Pact, and Cultural Exchange.

Level 4 Hunnic relations.
Foreign Business - Foreign merchants are allowed to setup shops inside the other civilization. Improving both trade and relationships between the two civilizations.

Diplomatic options available after establishing Foreign Business.
Research Agreements - Your two civilizations work together to help each other advance your technology.

Allied Network - Your two civilizations agree to help each other when spying on foreign civilizations. Increasing the chances of success when both civilization's have spies in a foreign civilization. (Increases by 2% with each civilization you have Allied Network with.)

Military Access - Allows military units to openly move between borders.

Achieve level 5 Hunnic relations if you establish Research Agreements, Allied Networks, and Military Access.

Level 5 Hunnic relations.
Military Alliance - You and the other civilization are openly Military allies. Whatever war may come, the other civilization agrees to assist with the war effort. This also provides [1 of 3] Military Agreements to form a Global Alliance.

Diplomatic options available after establishing Military Alliance
Joint Military Exercises - All Military units gain 25% additional benefits to their promotions, as well gain promotions exclusively from wonders.

Foreign Aid
- Allows trade routes to trade food and production instead of gold and science to another civilization.

Military Security - Allows civilizations to establish Military bases in each others territory, agreeing to help protect the sovereignty of their befriended civilization and government.

Military Tech Agreement - Allows the two civilizations to research new military technology together.

Joint Defense Systems - Allows the two civilizations to establish defenses for each other.

Achieved max Hunnic relations if you establish Joint Military Exercises, Foreign Aid, Military Security, Military Tech Agreement, and Joint Defense Systems

If either you or the other civilization declare war on the other, your diplomatic relationships with each other will degrade with every five turns of being at war. The civilization that declares war first on the other will also receive a 25% penalty to civilization happiness at level 3 and increase by 25% for every level after. Making betrayal actually harmful to the civilization.

New Military Upgrade system

Spoiler :
This is basically the same concept as the military unit upgrades from affinities in Beyond Earth. Only these upgrades are achieved from science directly, not your peaceful, neutrality, or hostility rating, and come optional for each individual military unit you produce.

Example

You produce three Modern Infantry units. You then have three upgrade options

Upgrade 1 - CQC Loadout - Increases combat effectiveness by 25%, but converts the unit into a melee unit.

Upgrade 2 - Assault Loadout - Increases combat effectiveness by 10% and increases attack range by 1.

Upgrade 3 - Marksmen Loadout - Increases combat effectiveness by 5% and increases attack range by 2.

You can either make all three units have Marksmen loadouts, or have one of each upgrade between all three of them. So one CQC unit, one Assault unit, and one Marksmen unit. The choice is entirely up to you as long as you have researched it in science.

This doesn't have to be just Modern age military units either. You could even do this for like Swordsman units, Archery units, Naval units, Siege units, and so much more. It would also allow players to tailor their army to fit their needs more.

New Ideology System

Spoiler :
While I do like the current Ideology system, I think it can be improved to serve a greater purpose in the late game and add a little more of that customizable flair to it.

Example of what I'm getting at.

Let's say I'm the first Civilization to be able to select a ideology. I get the typical options of Freedom, Order, and Autocracy. However, I'm able to edit the name of my ideology. So I can form "American Capitalism", "Russian Communism", or "Iraqi Dictatorship" instead of just having "American Freedom", "Russian Order", or "Iraqi Autocracy."

Whichever Ideology I pick, I also obtain a "Founder tenet" because I'm the first person to create a Free, Order, or Autocracy nation. These Founder tenets are only given to the first founders of each ideology, making them a little more powerful in the early years of the ideology selection.

Now let's say after a few turns, other Civilizations adopt Freedom. We will use these four civs as examples.

American Freedom - Has +10% gold income to all trade routes with civilizations following Freedom.
English Freedom - Has +20% science to all science buildings
French Freedom - Has +1 Gold from Military buildings
Spanish Freedom - Has +1 Happiness from Cultural sites

Now let's say France is becoming more influenced by Spain than it is America or England and this is because France isn't able to deliver more to the needs of it's citizens. Because the people are growing tired of the way their civilization is, they begin to demand that France adopts "Spanish Freedom" or risk civil unrest randomly occurring in their civilization.

Now France could turn this around with some work, or it could give in to the demands of the people, and adopt "Spanish Freedom" as the way to run things. They can switch back to "French Freedom" if they want, but as we know switching back and forward between ideologies just isn't a viable option a majority of the time.

What could influence another Civilization to adopt your exact ideology? Trade routes, political agreements, religion, foreign aid, Espionage, and anything that can directly impact a civilization's citizens.

The short version of the idea: Not only make other Civilizations compete with their Ideology on a global scale against other ideologies., but also make Civilization's of the same ideology compete to have the "Dominate version" of the ideology.

I just feel making the ideology system serve a larger purpose would be great, not to mention it can add a little extra challenge to achieving a Cultural victory.

Improved Espionage System

Spoiler :
if Beyond Earth did anything really extremely right, I would say it's the Espionage/Covert Ops options for your Agents. I really think these would be welcomed changes in Civilization 6 :)

Each action your Agent can take against a foreign civilization, that foreign civilization would have a counter for it.

Let's say you cause a armed uprising against a civilization. That civilization can make peaceful actions that only cost them gold to quell the uprising, losing no citizens in the process of doing it.

Maybe in the late game you can plant nuclear bombs in cities and threaten the leadership to give into your demands before you set off the bombs. But that civilization in turn could counter that with using their Agents to locate and disarm the nuclear surprise.

Heck, why not convince City-States to use it's Military to attack your foreign enemy, even though that enemy is halfway across the globe?

The list can really just go on and on :)

Improved Announcement System

Spoiler :
This is more of a personal pet peeve of mine. But, I think it would be really cool if you gain information through your advisers and news articles, instead of these obnoxious spammy Icons on the side of your screen.

Like if you go to your Military Advisory and you select a option like "What news do you have for me?"

The advisory would reply with

"The Russians have declared war on the Chinese over stolen technology. I recommend we stay out of the fight and see who comes out on top."

"The Ottomans have invaded our Polish allies. I suggest we send aid to our allies to help push back the aggressors."

"The Ethiopian Military has been crushed by our might. We can conquer some of their lands or pursue a political end to the violence. The choice is yours."

"The Koreans would make a powerful ally in our global Alliance. I recommend you extend a invitation to the Koreans to join NATO."

Then the news articles can cover things like "The United Nations will convene in five days (turns) to discuss 'Embargo of Spain
and 'Closure of Trade with City-States' or "International Games to be hosted in Egypt".

I personally just feel this would cut down on the turn by turn screen clutter of alerts & announcements. I also feel this could give your advisers a greater purpose in the game other than just "Oh we're making money", "Oh these people have almost no military", "Oh we should research this."

Sailing down Rivers

Spoiler :
This is a smaller wish. I just think it would be cool if our units could actually sail down rivers. Like if you got a fight at your southern border, but no road to get your units there quickly. You can just have your units sail down the river to get there quicker.

Global Alliances

Spoiler :
Ever want to form NATO. the Warsaw Pact, or some other Military Alliance and have it actually serve a role in the Game? I sure have and I think having a Global Alliance system would be just awesome for this game. One of my first games of Civilization 5 I attempted to unite England, Indonesia, Venice, and Greece against Siam & the Zulus who had been causing trouble for all of them. But England had a problem with Venice and Greece, Indonesia was too weak to stand up against Siam (I had to liberate them actually.) and Siam owned all of Russia, western Europe, a large chunk of Asia, Middle East, and was working it's way into Africa against England.

Yet even though I was on good standing with England, Venice, Greece, and Indonesia (after I liberated them.) I still couldn't form a single large Military Alliance with all of those civs. I'm sure some people would see this as pointless, but I think it would add a nice element into the game.

New Border Improvements

Spoiler :
Ever have a game where you built a line of Forts/Citadels across a open section of land to act like a defensive wall between you and another civilization? Well what if you wanted to gain more use out of those sections of land, but still wanted to have some degree of 'security.' Well, how about having the ability to have workers construct border improvements like-

Fences - Construct a 'Man made' defense that units cannot pass through.
Check Point - Construct a 'Man made' defense that units along roads can pass through.
Border Walls - Construct a heavy 'Man made' defense that units cannot pass through.
Military Check Point - Construct a heavy 'Man made' defense that units along roads can pass through.

I'm sure I can think of more that I would like to see, but I think this enough for now.

Seeing some kind of economic victory based on companies and just plain gold you have would be interesting. Would need to seperate the gold from diplomic victory though.

Seeing some kind of economic victory based on companies and just plain gold you have would be interesting. Would need to seperate the gold from diplomic victory though.

A corporation victory would be cool. Like if you can set up a business for each key thing to your civilization like Military production or Scientific Research. Earn X amount of gold per-turn and become the number 1 producer in all categories, you win a economic victory. :)

i like the espionage changes with spies being everywhere towards end, and start in classical. i really want espionage to be more useful. i want to be able to have lots of spies and send them on specific missions, especially by the time i get tanks and so on.

Here are some of my suggestions:

Civil Wars
Spoiler :
Every time you get certain techs that conflict with your social policies and your happiness is negative your empire goes into a civil war that X troops appear near locally unhappy cities.This If they take a city, they can cause you to change social policy trees, or they can defect to other nations

Example:
Japan has adopted piety and has just researched Scientific theory. Because their happiness is :c5unhappy: -12, they go into civil war, and 4 low-level units rise around the capital. If they take the capital, then you lose all of the piety tree, and have to adopt rationalism

More on global alliances
Spoiler :
When you research some techs after printing press you can build wonder/world congress only containing some people and some city states. They can pass more resolutions, and can meet more frequently. In addition, you can ask other people from the alliance for goods and money

Possible resolutions
Declare war against X
Denounce X
Most of the exciting resolutions
Give science
Share maps
etc

I know there are plenty of posts for this, but the wall of text I'm about to drop on folks may have been a bit too much for the other posts. Ahead of time apology to the mods if this is a problem.

Anyways, after taking a break from some mod work and turning on some music to mellow out to, I had some ideas come to mind for Civ 6. I doubt these directions will be taken, but I think they would be cool.

I'm sure I can think of more that I would like to see, but I think this enough for now.

Firstly let me say that your suggestions are really great.

If your suggestions were implemented I think the whole Happiness concept would need to be reworked. One of the very few things that I don't like about Civ is that the general population is unhappy. I've always thought that the population should be neutral in happiness. The happiness then alters negatively or positively based on your decisions as a leader, not because another CIV decided to declare war on you and in doing so you lost 2 luxuries.

A concept I would like worked in to the game is "war fever" (something like that), where your population unites for the cause to increase militaristic production. Before "war fever" can settle in you as a leader need to maybe spend a few turns broadcasting in favor of the war to get your population on board. If the broadcasts don't work because your happiness is too low or if you don't broadcast then no production bonuses. All civilizations scale up production in war time so why not in Civ.

Firstly let me say that your suggestions are really great.

If your suggestions were implemented I think the whole Happiness concept would need to be reworked. One of the very few things that I don't like about Civ is that the general population is unhappy. I've always thought that the population should be neutral in happiness. The happiness then alters negatively or positively based on your decisions as a leader, not because another CIV decided to declare war on you and in doing so you lost 2 luxuries.

Thank you :)

I agree the happiness thing would need to be reworked. I personally think happiness should also be isolated to your cities individually and should be determined by factors of; Food, Faith, Culture, Policies, and War to a extent.

Food is simple on why it should impact the happiness and that is because a lack of food could drive cities into chaos. Large food shortage, large civilian disorder.

Faith is also fairly easy to understand on how it can play a role in shaping the happiness of a Citizen population. This may require a rework in the faith system also, but I think if you design a faith that is peaceful, it should react peaceful if another faith becomes present in your cities. Where if you design a faith to overthrow other faiths, your cities wouldn't be as happy if another faith has a presence in a city. I think I will cover this a lot more in the original post of mine.

Culture is about the same as faith. If you have a culture of understanding & accepting, then it's no big deal if other cultures join in. If your culture isn't understanding, then other cultures wouldn't be as welcomed.

Policies easily can work into happiness also, I don't think I need to dive deep on how this could work. But as it's been pretty much been stated, your leadership should determine this.

War however, can have many levels of variable effects on a city's happiness. So many in fact, I'm almost uncertain on where to start first. I can see cities that border a hostile civilization, easily being less happy than a city that is farther from such a border. If the city is guarded however, I think it's happiness would increase.

During war I could see Citizens fleeing from those cities that are on the borders of the civilization you're at war with. Making that city less effective during war time and causing some of your other cities to suffer from increased food consumption with Refugee camps being setup automatically in your cities.

The list can go on and on. Though this gave me some other ideas that I will post in the original post of mine.

A concept I would like worked in to the game is "war fever" (something like that), where your population unites for the cause to increase militaristic production. Before "war fever" can settle in you as a leader need to maybe spend a few turns broadcasting in favor of the war to get your population on board. If the broadcasts don't work because your happiness is too low or if you don't broadcast then no production bonuses. All civilizations scale up production in war time so why not in Civ.

I like this idea a lot. Because during WW2, after Japan attacked the United States. A lot of American factories spun up into overdrive with civilians doing their part to help with the war effort. So this "War fever" would make a interesting addition to the game. Because on the other hand, you can also do it to encourage your population that it isn't just to make war, but also defend the homeland.

Dunabar, I think the list of civs that you suggested would probably be way off from the actual civs that would come with Civ 6.

First off, we know the classical civs such as Greece, Rome, China, Persia, India, and Egypt will more than likely be included in the game regardless of anything else picked, as they are generally the large empires thought of when people use the term Civilization. I think there would be a total of 18 spots + 1 assuming pre-order bonus Civ would be included in base or an extra civ in general., the same there is in Civ 5 for the vanilla civilizations, so my list would be:

This first grouping are the classical era Civilizations everyone thinks about when hearing the word civilization to begin with.
1) Greece (v)
2) Rome (v)
3) Persia (v)
4) Egypt (v)
5) China (v)
6) India (v)
7) Babylon (pre-order)

The second group will represent civilizations traditionally found in the game:
8) England (v)
9) France (v)
10) Spain (DLC)
11) Germany (v)
12) Russia (v)
13) America (v)
14) The Ottomans (v)
15) Japan (v)

Civilizations that would give more diversity to the game:
16) Mali (not in 5)
17) The Aztec (v)
18) Majaphit (BNW as Indoensia)

Dark Horse:
19) Kongo (new to the series)

Civ 5 vanilla civilizations not included in the list:
Siam
Songhai
The Iroquois
Arabia

I'll vote for sailing down rivers and the ability to build ships on cities with rivers. There are plenty of large ship yards built on rivers that eventually flow into the ocean.

The ship can only move one hex per turn until it gets to the ocean.

Dunabar, I think the list of civs that you suggested would probably be way off from the actual civs that would come with Civ 6.

First off, we know the classical civs such as Greece, Rome, China, Persia, India, and Egypt will more than likely be included in the game regardless of anything else picked, as they are generally the large empires thought of when people use the term Civilization. I think there would be a total of 18 spots + 1 assuming pre-order bonus Civ would be included in base or an extra civ in general., the same there is in Civ 5 for the vanilla civilizations, so my list would be:

Oh I know there would be a lot more than just the ones I put on my list. Those are just the ones I picked off the top of my head :)

"Jingoism"? "Patriotic fervor"?

But yeah, let's see something to this effect, especially with the propaganda and accelerated production. Maybe even a "War Profiteering" policy.

Top Bottom