Civilization Daydreams: "Alexander" Animated Short

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
Fellow fan site Apolyton has also posted an animated short created by RingTales's Mike Fry and Jim Fox. The 45 second video is titled "Alexander" and is available in both low resolution WMV (4.0 MB) and high resolution QuickTime (487.8 MB) formats. In the video, Alexander of Greece is concerned with the state of his empire, and it seems to be an understatement.

Whats with the HUGE size difference? Its not a typo!
If the Hi-Res is 487mb then the low res must be indisputable crap...or quicktime stinks at compression.

500 MB is most of a CD. VCD's can get an hour of VHS quality video in the same space. QUicktime must be decompressed to specifically take up more space.

Quicktime IS crap and so is this movie. Download the smaller version if you're curious.

The large filesize for the MOV is due to its compression I believe, but it is indeed of high quality. The lower resolution WMV is not bad quality though.
You should have converted it to DivX to save bandwidth, Dan. :) Downloading 500 MB for a 30 second video is too much / underwhelming. :p

I don't know who you had doing your compression for QT, but they suck. It should have been in the 8meg range for a 30sec clip.

@HiroHito: Quicktime isn't crap, it's the people compressing to it that are...but your right on about the movie.

you mean he could do better compression ? I dont understand how such a small movie can weight that much with all the modern tools we have at our disposition ?

Top Bottom