Civilization IV Port forward

Lu5ck

Chieftain
I don't like the pinned topic as it lacks of protocol type so I briefly check out the port needed by using network tool. Tested under D-Link DSL-2640T with PeerGuardian enabled computer. Unable to test Auto-Update port as I have error with it.

The followings are the port required to be forwarded for multilayer joining game.
  • Port 6667 (TCP) - Used for Chatting
  • Port 29900 (TCP) - GP Connection Manager, (Lobby to Game Connection)
  • Port 28910 (TCP) - Master Server List Request (Gamelist)
  • Port 13139(UDP) - Unknown, may be related to gamelist/lobby
  • Port 80 (TCP) - Used during login (Don't require to be port forwarded as it is forwarded by default)
  • Port 2056 (UDP) - Used for connecting to game
  • Port 6500 (UDP) - Used for hosting games
  • Port 2300-2400 (UDP) - Random port, used during initializing of game. Need to be forwarded or it might cause connection failure when game launch. Though joining a game that has launched don't have such problem.

For those who are using PeerGuardian, you are to set the following ips to safe list.
  • 207.38.11.11 - IGN Entertainment
  • 207.38.11.12 - IGN Entertainment
  • 207.38.11.13 - IGN Entertainment
  • 207.38.11.34 - IGN Entertainment
  • 207.38.11.90 - IGN Entertainment
  • 207.38.11.136 - IGN Entertainment
Some of the ip uses udp port 29901. If you have problems, then forward UDP Port 29901. I don't have any problem without forwarding that port.

Comparing to the pinned topic, this list don't have as much ports to be forwarded. I am able to play with the above following ports without problem.

Only for Civilization IV : Beyond the Sword

perhaps THIS should be stickied instead of the other thread

1 - protocol is given
2 - I was unable to connect to some people before forwarding those ports, now I can connect to everybody. To me that supports the notion that some of the ports listed in the sticky aren't really necessary

Top Bottom