Civilization Revolution Forum Created

Thunderfall

Administrator
Administrator
We have created a forum for Civilization Revolution, which is currently under development at Firaxis Games and is expected to come out in Spring 2008 for next-gen consoles and handhelds. The confirmed platforms are Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, and Nintendo DS.

The forum is placed under All Other Games category for now. In the future we likely will create its own category and put it at the top of the forum (before Civ4).

Have fun discussing CivRev! :)

PS: 2K Games announced the title back in June this year. You can see the screenshots in our gallery.

Also check out this recent GameSpot video in which Sid Meier talks about the game at this year's Leipzig Games Convention.

if its playable on the Wii I'm gonna buy the console, after playing the sports game I just realized how different it was from PC gaming.

Why would the forum be above civ4 in priority? Maybe above civ3 (and I'm not sure about that...), but putting it above civ4 would only be an annoyance for most people here I think.

I have been to the Leipzig Games Convention this year but I couldn´t see anything about Civ. Okay, one gamer played it on a PC somewhere but that´s all. I must have missed the location where Sid Meier was... D'oh...

its not a civ5 but u could think that aslo why would u buy an xbox if u can buy a ds its portable.

Seems to be aimed at consoles and online games. Hence the focus on shorter games. It's probably not released on PC because PC gamers wouldn't be into that kind of concept.

Don't know, don't care. Don't do consoles, basically.

But it looks very cartoony. Anything cartoonier than Civ4, is too cartoony, I think.

wow I can understand but they dont call this civfanatics for nothing ill buy it thats for sure

I think this is a great thing for CIV. Reason I say this is because the console market is flooded mainly with 3 genres... sports, racing, or first person shooters. Thats it! They are all the same just different cars, different sports or alien, sci-fi, horror or WW2 settings. This was not the case back in the super nintendo or sega genesis days. I remember many nice strategy games back then including the original civilization on super nintendo and titles such as PTO and panzer general. I think many console gamers would love civilization and that may also make them want to get a new PC to try out the real deal.

It may be nice to bring up the next generation of Civ players :dubious: - say 13-14yr olds with the attention span of a knat. :cringe: I'm sure the temptation of easy money for this development was too hard to pass up... :deal:

For true Civers, who are dedicated to strategy and building - the two greatest strength of Civ series - it won't keep their interest. :sleep: Not much chance to sell this to the 'average' Civer - I won't buy it for the above reason. :thumbsdown:

Unfortunately, all the time to develop this game will delay our next installment and we will probably wait 2 years for Civ5. :huh: BtS will have to do for a long time... :faint: Guess I'll get back to modding and look forward to all the other BtS mods that will be coming out over the next two years. :salute:

I appologize now to the minority who will think this game will be a great bang-bang shoot-em-up :ar15: which it probably will be...:run: :ack:

Top Bottom