Civilization V: The Mobile Game!

None wrong on pc or mac version but an iPhone/iPad version would be more turned to multiplayer with 4-5-6 iPhones or iPads in same room... Around a table...

EDIT: Thanks for the info Ohioastronomy. I hadn't realized it was 7 million for the first four Civs.

Seems a little deceitful to advertise it as if Civilization 5 sold 9 million copies.

Par for the course for 2K Games though.

According to the link below, Civ 5 has sold well below 1 million, or 855.651 to be precise since its launch (excluding Japanese sales). The number is quite impressive nonetheless though. (can't vouch for the accuracy of the numbers, but they seem to know their stuff)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/43507/sid-meiers-civilization-v/

What is funny is that if you look at total sales, FPS games are not even the top sellers of the various genres in the PC market.

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals...le=PC&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

Looking at FPS games only, Civ 5 has outsold all but the top 8 FPS games ever on the PC platform.

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals...PC&genre=FPS&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

I don't have a phone this will work on but hopefully this means there will be another actualyl decent game on the phones that isn't an exagerated flash game.

Of course, at this moment 5-6 players with an iPhone or an iPad, this is just a far dream... Perhaps 2-3 years and iPad power sufficient and prices lower to 33%-50% and more peoples could afford it ;)

I'm actually kinda excited about this... When it's slow at work I play a quick casual CivRev game on my iPhone and it's perfect.

Civ Rev was fabulous in that sense peoples wanted to seethe end...
While in regular Civ 4 or Civ 5 this is just too long even in quick speed because limitated horsepower of modern computers for Civ 4 and 5 at theirs releases...

According to the link below, Civ 5 has sold well below 1 million, or 855.651 to be precise since its launch (excluding Japanese sales). The number is quite impressive nonetheless though. (can't vouch for the accuracy of the numbers, but they seem to know their stuff)

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales/43507/sid-meiers-civilization-v/

What is funny is that if you look at total sales, FPS games are not even the top sellers of the various genres in the PC market.

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals...le=PC&genre=&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

Looking at FPS games only, Civ 5 has outsold all but the top 8 FPS games ever on the PC platform.

http://www.vgchartz.com/worldtotals...PC&genre=FPS&minSales=0&results=50&sort=Total

vgchartz.com don't report on Steam sales AFAIK... you'd expect at least double that (maybe more) if you included digital distribution.

I wonder if the mobile game will have functioning multiplayer?

Now, Firaxis Games will take this incredibly fun and addictive strategy game to unprecedented heights by adding new ways to play and win; new tools to manage and expand your civilization; extensive modding capabilities; and intensely competitive multiplayer options. Civilization® V will come to life in a beautifully detailed, living world that will elevate the gameplay experience to a whole new level making it a must-have for gamers around the globe!

Lol. Fell a little short of what they advertised methinks. Well, unless they mean an intense competition to see who can uninstall the game first. ;)

It's even fifth in the playing list, even after 1 year :)

42,312 58,060 Team Fortress 2
30,205 53,996 Counter-Strike
24,302 52,564 Counter-Strike: Source
13,730 27,711 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
10,323 21,695 Sid Meier's Civilization V
9,686 25,878 Football Manager 2011
9,318 20,241 Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer
5,622 12,485 Left 4 Dead 2
5,381 11,709 Terraria
4,314 9,368 Garry's Mod

It's even fifth in the playing list, even after 1 year :)

42,312 58,060 Team Fortress 2
30,205 53,996 Counter-Strike
24,302 52,564 Counter-Strike: Source
13,730 27,711 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer
10,323 21,695 Sid Meier's Civilization V
9,686 25,878 Football Manager 2011
9,318 20,241 Call of Duty Black Ops - Multiplayer
5,622 12,485 Left 4 Dead 2
5,381 11,709 Terraria
4,314 9,368 Garry's Mod

How many of those games are Steam only like Civilization 5 is?

I wonder if the mobile game will have functioning multiplayer?

Lol. Fell a little short of what they advertised methinks. Well, unless they mean an intense competition to see who can uninstall the game first. ;)

Honestly - I saw a thread in the 2k forums where some guy was going on about false advertising due to the stuff just like what you pointed out for CIV5 adverts, and even though I like the game, I think he has a point.

You cant advertise a feature that does not work well/ at all. I will be interested to see what happens if they do the same thing with this game. I reckon people would have a good case of false advertising complaints.

...i hope you don't call yourself a gamer, because if you are, then you have to see that from the 10 titles 4 are belonging to the CS brand, so they definitely use steam, L4D is a Valve game, the 2 CoD use Steam as DRM, Terraria is exclusively sold via Steam, and only FM11 doesn't exclusively use it, but it seems it will else use another draconian DRM.
So if you're searching a reason to cry about "*blaw*, they ruined it :cry:", then you are wrong here.

So are you, like, the Malcolm X of Civilization? I think Civ 5 is pretty good and I've been playing since Civ 2. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.

Moderator Action: No need to make it personal. Address the points, not the poster.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

...i hope you don't call yourself a gamer, because if you are, then you have to see that from the 10 titles 4 are belonging to the CS brand, so they definitely use steam, L4D is a Valve game, the 2 CoD use Steam as DRM, Terraria is exclusively sold via Steam, and only FM11 doesn't exclusively use it, but it seems it will else use another draconian DRM.
So if you're searching a reason to cry about "*blaw*, they ruined it :cry:", then you are wrong here.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about FPS or any of those titles. Well, the Football manager one actually seems interesting though and Terraria seems pretty neat. Doesn't make me any less of a gamer for not being interested in the FPS genre.

Also, it wasn't really a complaint about Civilization 5. Maybe you are trying to frame it that way but I merely asked a simple question. Thanks for the information. :)

Doesn't make me any less of a gamer for not being interested in the FPS genre.

Strictly speaking, it makes you less of an FPS gamer.

Strictly speaking, it makes you less of an FPS gamer.

Of course. Just not my cup of tea. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Not really interested in mobile games either. The graphics do look fairly impressive
for a mobile game though.

That screenshot is nice. I do hope Gameloft will make one for Android honeycomb, preferrable Texas Instrument OMAP based device (I am eye-ing to purchase Archos 101 G9)

So far the game has the appearance of Civ V, but I wouldn't be surprised if the game tracks more from CivRev.
If they can recreate Civ V on the phones I'd simply be staggered, they had to dumb down CivRev because of the difference in platforms, so to recreate the game fully would take a hell of a lot of room.

I'm reading this forum from an iPad. When this comes out for the iPad I will be first in line for it.

Top Bottom