[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - Discussion Thread

With Ana Nzinga, we have the possibility of better Military through Alliances, since she used the Dutch against the Portuguese in an erstwhile alliance of "My enemy's enemy is my friend."
I'm like 99% sure it'll be something along these lines for her. I'm very curious to see if she'll arrive with any malus, though. Kongo's CUA is very strong (though very culturally focused) and we see through the screenshot that Nzinga's Kongo can build holy sites, meaning that she can make that much more use out of the Relic side of things. Maybe it's just the way that I play, but I feel like Kongo is already a pretty solid civ even under the almost-all-negatives LUA of Mvembe. I won't care too terribly much if Mbande Nzinga ends up totally overshadowing him, but it'd still be wild to not include some balance there.

Why does everyone refer to personas as new leaders? They're not, they're just glorified skins that add an immersion-breaking subtitle to the leaders we already have.

Some random thoughts. . .
-Kind of hope that the Janissary and Barbary Corsair are switched so that the Janissary is now the Ottoman unique unit since there is a new version of Suleiman.
-Giving China the additional ability in the last NFP update makes more sense if they knew they were adding an entire update based around just China.
-Hope that some of the civs that didn't get changes during the NFP get some here, especially Arabia and Norway.
-Really hope that one of these leaders has an unique district, since that hasn't happened yet.
-An unique civilian unit would be interesting as well.
-I wonder how much of the Great Builder leaders will be based around wonders or each given their own specialty, like Theodora has a district based bonus or something along those lines.

???

They didn't leave out Rome, mate, they left out a possible Leader of Rome. And so whag if Ceasar doesn't show up? I'd rather see Sulla or Marius show up as possibe Alt Rome Leaders, they're far more original at this point.

Edit: As @SammyKhalifa said, you're being pretty dramatic about this.

Either that, or those who own all the possible DLC's, apparently.

Ok, then I'm in! 🙌
Cos I already got all the DLC, I'm happy for free stuff 😄

Good call Firaxis+2K,
cos I don't think I would have been parting with my cash quite so easily for this Leader Pass...TBH I'm excited for Marvel's Midnight Suns.

I am probably alone in this, but I am super disappointed that there is no alternative leader for France -- was hoping for Napoleon or Louis XIV. Napoleon seemed more likely to me given France's unique unit, but, hey, what can you do?
Nah, that's fair.

Why does everyone refer to personas as new leaders? They're not, they're just glorified skins that add an immersion-breaking subtitle to the leaders we already have.
Because people like different things, and them liking this doesn't mean you can't, and vice versa.

For me, it's more Civ VI. This is good for me.

Looking at YouTube to see if there’s anything waiting to be release and the NFP was updated today and has two hidden videos.

Although both Vietnam and Kublai are both missing so presumably those are ones hidden? Am I missing something and being dense? (Not the first time)

Oh is that how it's going to work with Harald? I was confused that he was listed under rulers of England since he never actually ruled the country and was only a claimant to the throne

I was just assuming since he was listed under leaders of England, that he'd get the option to lead England or Norway. TBD though.

Rome is out of the New Leader Pass DLC. What do you mean "they didnt leave out"???
They didn't leave Rome out of Civ 6, they just didn't include a Roman Alt Leader in the Leader Pass.
Oh is that how it's going to work with Harald? I was confused that he was listed under rulers of England since he never actually ruled the country and was only a claimant to the throne
While I don't mind it, it probably would have been better for them to make Canute an Alt Leader for either England, Norway, or both instead.

I am probably alone in this, but I am super disappointed that there is no alternative leader for France -- was hoping for Napoleon or Louis XIV. Napoleon seemed more likely to me given France's unique unit, but, hey, what can you do?
Honestly I'm not really sure how anyone can be disappointed with any of it so far. This is all extra (likely free) stuff that nobody knew we were going to get.

Top Bottom