[NFP] Civilization VI: Maya & Gran Colombia Pack Discussion Thread

Hi, could anyone show me a screenshots with the Jersey alternate colors for both new civilizations? I won't be able to play for few next days and that something I extremly would like to know :)
nfp_maya_gb_jerseys.png

Damn, still no plagues in the game :(.

But iron isn't super useful for later game heavy cavalry units. So, meteor showers would only be useful until some point in the game. That's unlike the other disasters, which are always useful or always not useful.

This is, why I think the extra unit is a sensible, yet a bit unrealistic way to circumvent this issue.

If, of course, corporations would have been added (now or in a later mode. Is this an indication that they are not part of the future mode plans? Or will they simply work differently?) and these entities would have made use of obsolete strategic resources (and possibly bonus resources), iron seeding meteorites would have been a useful addition!

This is, what I would have hoped for: interlinked game mechanics.
And this is, what we possibly won't get.
I still have hopes, though.

Just one part I don't like:

Greatly reduced the chance that City-States will spawn adjacent to Natural Wonders or on top of resources.

Also curious about the motivation for this. Always liked City-States in these strategic locations. They forced an interesting choice between befriending them or adding them to your empire: with all the diplomatic consequences.

Looking forward to forest fires.

Really hyped about the mp fixes. 8 months of wait was excessive. Let's hope there isn't a bunch of new ones making mp unplayable.

Next month we'll see if we get free updates similar to the GS ones. If we do, then that should establish a pattern for the following year of DLC/"FLC" every month.

AI still needs work, but it seems this patch was heavily focused on bug fixes. Diplo changes are welcomed.

My Priority list for better AI:
- Better district prioritization;
- Districts permitted on strats/luxs;
- Reduced penalty for AI land units on water tiles;
- Promotion does not heal player units (deity).

So, did Bolivar and LSS end up reusing Pedro and Amanitore anims in the end?

Yep, they reuse neutral idle and trade agreement animations. Not sure what else, but all the spoken anims are new, really liked LSS's when I met her in game.

Haven't had much time to play around yet but the Soothsayer seemed more fun than I was expecting, also really like the City State choices.

A free heavy cavalry is the weirdest choice to me as well, but everything else looks fine. I am also looking forward to a mod that removes that functionality :/

Happy that from reading the apocalypse mode does result in a full on apocalypse rather than just stronger Natural disasters.

People wanted stronger climate change, and from the looks of things, we definitely got it!

Yep, they reuse neutral idle and trade agreement animations. Not sure what else, but all the spoken anims are new, really liked LSS's when I met her in game.

Haven't had much time to play around yet but the Soothsayer seemed more fun than I was expecting, also really like the City State choices.

What actually happens when you use one? What type of disasters hit you?

On the topic of meteors. Would have been happy if it just added +1 science to the tile via the fertility mechanic.

The spawning of a free heavy cavalry unit does feel a bit weird. But I can see why they did it. Iron is only really useful in the early game while this allows meteor drops to still be useful later

Spawning heavy cavalry out of meteor showers kinda remind me of War of the Worlds.

Something else, do know more about that lifespan and renown thing we noticed earlier?

View attachment 556512

Now it is showing the production cost on units twice for some reason (don't mind range/strength/maintenance change on the slinger, that's my mod)

The change in displayed cost probably affected this control and old mods don't work well here.
I'd recommend disabling mods on each patch anyway.

Top Bottom