[vanilla] Civilization VI theme - Sogno di Volare

dexters

Gods & Emperors
Supporter
The Civilization VI theme is Sogno di Volare (Dream of Flight)

Purchase from iTunes

Studio version (Full length) w/ Lyrics

Making of Video w/ Studio version (full length)

Concert version (full length)

Launch trailer

Christopher Tin interview

Christopher Tin confirms the theme is 'Eurocentric' & is thematically the same as Baba Yetu as a celebratory song.

Last edited:
Just popped up on my feed
The Civilization VI theme is Sogno di Volare (Dream of Flight)

Christopher Tin confirms the theme is 'Eurocentric' & is thematically the same as Baba Yetu as a celebratory song.
From the little bits i heard from the interview, i feel that it sounds great

I've seen this a few times now--here on Civfanatics, on Facebook--and I keep resist watching it because I want to hear the complete piece in the menu for the first time. But I finally caved and watched it. Wow, this might even top "Baba Yetu." "Baba Yetu" was a beautiful piece no doubt, but this is so in my wheelhouse of what I love in music. Waiting another week just got a little harder. :(

I seem to be the only person in the world who didnt really like "Baba Yetu".

But this piece sounds way better :)

Can can be heard in the launch trailer. OP is updated.

Update: initially noted this as largely instrumental but there is actually a large choral segment. I have updated.

Last edited:
It's too noisy.

I've been very hyped for hearing the full piece and it is glorious! Didn't like the menu music for BNW, if this is the menu music it is such a improvement. Such a well made song!

Thanks MadDjinn, great stuff.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post! Quality piece of music, that will always live in the shadow of its big brother Baba Yetu.

It's a great piece, to my ears it is less exotic, hence less attractive than Baba Yetu (I'm European), but incredible nonetheless.

Christopher Tin is a great composer.

It's a great piece, to my ears it is less exotic, hence less attractive than Baba Yetu (I'm European), but incredible nonetheless.

Christopher Tin is a great composer.

Yeah. Christopher Tin said in his interview that he was going for a more Eurocentric sound this time. For me, it captures the spirit of Civilization (which is also very European, mind you) - that of ambition, exploration, striving for the new horizon - the Dream of Flying.

Especially nice to hear outside the context of the launch trailer, where it was kind of awkwardly chopped up and disjointed.

I wonder if the actual game intro cinematic will be longer and use the whole track, or if it will be the same as the launch trailer.

I don't want to compare this with Baba Yetu (Baba Yetu is incomparable). I think Sogno Di Volare has found its own identity in Civ VI. This song even made the trailer much better.

In some ways (not necessarily the melody, but the kind of feelings it evokes) it kinda reminds me of Cloud Atlas theme. Which, if you think about it, in some way is also a very "Civilization-y" movie, showing the same patterns of human nature repeat themselves through eras.

I think it has potential to rival Baba Yetu. We just know Baba Yetu better.
I disagree while this a really good piece it's still missing the "greatness" that baba yetu has. We'll compare civ 7's theme music to "Baba Yetu" not this.

Top Bottom