Civitar's Unit Workshop

Unique improvement graphics are possible, I'm just not the person to ask.
Try Bouncymischa or DJSHenninger, or try doing it yourself - they appear to be easier to get the hang of than 3D units, but I've never stopped and taken the time to try a couple so I wouldn't know.

New unit: Firebug's Bulgarian Opalchentsi.
The original unit is one of Bernie14's Russian Rifleman variants, colored black and given a ton of buttons on his uniform. It appears to use an older version of the Rifleman/Musketman animations, but works fine in Nexus so should be fine ingame.
Next unit is Danmacsch's Dismounted Knaegt, then I'll work on the Mico some more.

Attachments

• opalchentsi.png
    opalchentsi.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 400
That's great, thanks!

New unit: Danmacsch's Danish Knaegt (dismounted).
Original unit is the mounted Knaegt, rigged to Longswordsman animations and de-horsed.:) He was much easier than I was expecting, and I made an important discovery (for future units): it is possible to bake one texture into a different configuration. This could be very useful for reskinning units whose current UV layout is such that reskinning a certain way is impossible, such as the Landsknecht for example.

Attachments

• knaegtdismounted.png
    knaegtdismounted.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 256
New unit: Danmacsch's Danish Knaegt (dismounted).
Original unit is the mounted Knaegt, rigged to Longswordsman animations and de-horsed.:) He was much easier than I was expecting, and I made an important discovery (for future units): it is possible to bake one texture into a different configuration. This could be very useful for reskinning units whose current UV layout is such that reskinning a certain way is impossible, such as the Landsknecht for example.

IMO, it would be better if you smallen the helm a bit, and use and sword(and scabbard) of Longswordsman rather than Knight.

And, you can also try to make a Danish dismounted-knight model with the meshes and textures in this pack.

The dismounted model is for the unique ability of the Knaegt, so I wanted to have it actually be the model from the mounted version. If I had been making it as its own unit, I would have used the Longswordsman sword and scabbard because I agree, the short sword looks a bit odd with those animations.
Maybe I should have gone with Swordsman animations though, so he could use the shield from the mounted model... oh well.

Are you still taking request Civitar I was reading through the posts and you said you had abit of a back log hence why I ask

Yes, but only if they can be done as reskins (so no conversions from Civ4 or edits to existing models, just texture changes).

I've fixed up the Civ5 Hittite War Chariot for any unit makers who want to do melee chariot units.:)

In case anyone's wondering why we might care about one unit you've never seen ingame, it is the only base model we have with a full set of animations for melee chariot units (there are two ranged chariot units - the Chariot Archer and Egyptian War Chariot). Here you can see the Hittite War Chariot ingame:
Spoiler :

PS: I mainly did this because I do have plans for several chariots, including an Orc Boar Chariot, a Goblin Wolf Chariot, an Elf Chariot, and maybe even an Undead Chariot eventually.

I'm hoping Nomad does, cause then we can have Orc and Goblin Chariots to round out his packs... and make our Ouroboros mod that much more awesome.

I'm assuming your still taking requests right?

I've got a request that can pretty much be done with a reskin, but could be enhanced with a small edit to the model + .fsxml. I'd be willing to settle for neither of those things, because if I don't get it here, I don't know where I'll ever get this model.

One of my planned Fallout civs is The Enclave, and their XCOM Squad replacement is the Hellfire Trooper, though it's modeled after their generic Power-Armored infantry.
So I need an XCOM retextured to fit their power armor. Slapping a helmet on the model would really tie it together, but if it's too big a pain, I'd be fine with them either remaining helmet-less or having the helmet just textured onto their face. Additionally, having an extra variant that uses the Dromon projectile would be a nice addition, but again, if that's too much, I'll get by with just the plasma projectile. Either way, the weapon can remain the same as the XCOM's. Of course, I just might be getting way ahead of myself here, assuming you'd take it on at all, since I know you seem to prefer historical or more conventional fantasy units.

I can do the reskin/ftsxml edit for a flamethrower dark XCOM - but not the helmet. However part of the reskin could be making the face all dark and the eyes big and orange to look like that icon. It won't look great, but I think I can pull off a decent impression.

To everybody: don't expect anything soon, though I planned to finish up a pair of units for the requesters this coming week - in the last week my health has deteriorated rather drastically, especially over the last four days. This coming week I've got a round of doctor's appointments so hopefully I can be repaired fairly quickly.:) Until then though, I'll probably be pretty inactive here.

Hrmmmmmm... I've got the XCom trooper files in Blender (because I've been using them for pretty much all of my sci-fi units) and I've got a helmet head I was using for a different model. It shouldn't be hard to add the helmet and rig it to the head vertices. So I could maybe provide an "XCom Trooper with helmet" .gr2 file...

EDIT: Okay, I think I've got an "XCom Trooper With Helmet" gr2 working, if you want to try reskinning that instead of the vanilla trooper...

Also, sorry to hear about your health, Civitar... hope you feel better soon!

Top Bottom