CivRev....A dumbed down version of Civ4 or not?

Civilization Revolution a dumbed down Civ4 or not?

• No, Its not its special in its own way

Votes: 34 54.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Yes, It is a dumbed down version of Civ4

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • Im Not Sure

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

thedood123

Destroyer
Poll! Is Civilization Revolution a dumbed Down version of Civ4 or not?

yes i guess you can say it's dumbed down but they were going for the interest of console gamers not hard core civ fans

"Dumbed down" isn't the way I'd describe it. Personally, the fact that everything is happening so much faster actually increases the strategy element in a lot of ways, your choices in what to build and not to build are a lot more important.

My only problem is with the Diplomacy (or lack there of). Other then that, it is a good game on its own.

What is the point?

Why use loaded terms like "dumbed-down" in the title? Are you trying to decide whether to buy the game? Are you trying to insult console gamers? Are you trying to make yourself feel superior?

I play both Civ IV and Civ Rev, and I enjoy both. I guess I am a mutant.:crazyeye:

Yes. It's Civ on Consoles. It's targeted at console players. Console players are morons.

Yes. It's Civ on Consoles. It's targeted at console players. Console players are morons.

Yes, I totally agree:rolleyes:. All people that play games on consoles instead of PC's have IQ's below 70.

You, on the other hand, are a brilliant and wonderful person (except for being an elitist snob). The counter-attack is justified, since you just called me and many others "morons."

(tongue in cheek) There is no strategy whatsoever to playing CivRev on console. All you do is push buttons and watch stuff blow up.:nuke:That's all people on consoles want to do. Anyone that plays the console is therefore a moron.

Wow, what open-mindedness that displays. And after all, one of the clearest signs of intellect is an open mind. You have certainly displayed that!:mischief:

Hope you feel better now. That's the whole point right? To look down your nose and feel superior to others. You go for it!

it is not dumbed down, it was designed to make online game play quicker. i can get in a game in 2-4 hours where as civ4 take a day. i wake up and have 4 hours so i jump into a random FFA. you wake up and say "i need to be asleep in 12 hours guess i cant play". that may be a slight exaggeration but civ rev isnt suspose to be civ4. if i wanted a civ4 experience thats what i would have bought. i think i speak for all of us when i say i just wanted a civ game that didnt last long enough i had to save in multiplayer.

Well, to be honest, I voted for Option One (assuming that the "not" is a typo).

CivRev is special in its own way, just like Super Mario Sunshine is.

Sorry for the rudeness, edited it out.

I think the plan was to test a console civ game, they would make a way better one if this makes them money.

I wouldn't use the rather derogatory "dumbed down" to describe Rev, but I would give it the title of Civ-lite.

I made this to help myself decide because every person i play with on Xbox live says it is *Dumbed Down* some have even wanted there money back.

CivRev was designed new from the ground up, to be played on consoles. Obviously it has some similarity to Civ4 (and 3, 2, and 1) since that is what the developers are most recently familiar with. But they most emphatically did NOT start with Civ4, and decide what to take out, or dumb down.

It is dumb. I bought it yesterday and im left wanting my money back. Its soul-less.

Soulless? Wow, my opinion is the exact opposite. Civ Rev (at least on 360/PS3) has much more personality than any other version of Civ. And I've played 'em all, except for FreeCiv.

CivRev was designed new from the ground up, to be played on consoles. Obviously it has some similarity to Civ4 (and 3, 2, and 1) since that is what the developers are most recently familiar with. But they most emphatically did NOT start with Civ4, and decide what to take out, or dumb down.

Exactly!! Excellent point

Top Bottom