Claim: ISIS beheads Christian Children

Question...if the problem arises from extremists distorting the book to justify their own actions, not the book itself, doesn't you saying

contribute to their distortion? Or at the very least offer it support?
What offers it support is the over 100 other verses that talk about similar action toward infidels, without the specificity regarding cutting off heads.

Yeah, while the Qur'an glorifies the fanatical Abrahamist David, unlike the Bible, it is not explicit about his beheading of Goliath:

By the will of God they defeated them, and David killed Goliath, and God gave him kingship and wisdom, and taught him whatsoever He pleased.

What offers it support is the over 100 other verses that talk about similar action toward infidels, without the specificity regarding cutting off heads.

Distortion is distortion, be it done by Muslim extremists or anti-Muslim extremists. As you said, the same can be done with the Bible, by Christian extremist, or non Christian extremists. The distortion is again the same either way.

I suggest that the 'let's try not to distort things, and correct those who do, whatever their direction' approach has merit.

You claim it is distortion, I am saying it's explanation of a repeated phenomenon.

It says in the Koran to cut off infidels heads, infidels heads get cut off...
Specific method of killing, somewhat frequent (compared to the number of decapitations happening in the West), and often publicized decapitations.

I don't think it's a huge leap nor a distortion.

I think it's a technology thing. The west did plenty of decapitating back in the day. Then we got all humane about it and invented old sparky.

You claim it is distortion, I am saying it's explanation of a repeated phenomenon.

Specific method of killing, somewhat frequent (compared to the number of decapitations happening in the West), and often publicized decapitations.

Just like noting verses regarding the Israelites killing women and children shows that the current Israelis doing the same is merely a repeated phenomenon.

I think I've heard about a lot of decapitations happening in the cartel wars....
You've got a good point here, it is a fear tactic that is still employed.
However, I don't think that neuters my point, see below...

Just like noting verses regarding the Israelites killing women and children shows that the current Israelis doing the same is merely a repeated phenomenon.
Sure, if they are standing in front of Jewish holy flags and reading from the Torah while doing so...
We've seen terrorist standing in front of Islamic holy flags, while reading from the Koran. They clearly are linking the method to the religion (whether that linkag is accurate or not according to whoever).

I believe the roundel of the IAF is a Star of David.

Dude... really?
The Brits have a cross of their flag, are they crusaders?

Are they bombing anyone in the Middle East these days?

I think I've heard about a lot of decapitations happening in the cartel wars....

Just saw a cartel movie where they pop a wire loop with a little motor over dude's head on the street. Motor kicks on, slowly tightens the loop, eventually dude's head pops off. Very dramatic. I wondered if that was based on any real event or just getting tossed out to the cartels as a good idea.

And whoever does not learn from history will keep repeating it for future generations to read about and repeat, because that is the logic in this argument.

Fortunately, humans around the world in this day and age are typically smarter than that.
Sadly, political and religious leaders aren't typically smarter than that.

Link to video.

Beheading children?
Then their heads placed on sticks?
For not converting?

Says the Chaldean-American leader. (What is a Chaldean-American?)

While that is in accordance with the Koran (though they are supposed to have one other option, pay the infidel tax)... I'll leave it there.

Which is also mentioned by the Chaldean-American leader and was a hoax. (By the way, non-Muslims were usually simply taxed, not beheaded. No clue where you get that from.)

And CNN considers this news.

Top Bottom