Clash of the Civilizations

Tekinette

Chieftain

The main idea of this mod is to improve the gameplay without changing too much of the basic ideas of the game, right now it mostly consists of fixing bugs, making buildings more usefull, having to rely more on production and strategic resources and less on buying units with gold. Later on I'll focus more on graphics and the AI. Download available from the Mod Browser.

v2 quick fix :

Savegames using this mod won't crash anymore, sorry about that.
FYI the cause of the crash was the code used from the Example - Remove Giant Death Robot mod, can't even trust the examples it seems.

v1 main changes :

Terrains :
Lake = +2:food: +2:commerce:

Improvements :
Mine = +2:hammers: (+1 with Engineering)
Iron Mine = +1:hammers:
Wheat Farm = +1:food:
Customs House = +5:commerce:
Manufactory = +4:hammers:
Academy = +2:commerce: +1:hammers: +5:science:
Fish with boat = +1:commerce:

Buildings :
Circus = +4:) - Needs 1 Horse
Forge = +25%:hammers: for land units - Needs 1 Iron
Courthouse = 2:commerce: Maintenance
Harbor = +30%:hammers: for naval units
Factory = +30%:hammers: 2:commerce: Maintenance
Nuclear = +50%:hammers:
Arsenal = +25%:hammers: 1:commerce: Maintenance
Solar Plant = 1:commerce: Maintenance
Wind Mill = +25%:hammers: - Can be built anywhere
Armory = 2:commerce: Maintenace
Theatre = 4:commerce: Maintenance
Ironworks = +25%:hammers:
Seaport = 3:commerce: Maintenance - +1:commerce: on water tiles

Units :
No Giant Death Robots

City States :
Maritime cities gives the same bonus to cities and the capital
Military gives a bit more military units

Misc :
production to wealth process : 33%
Buy items Price x2
No Upgrade Unit Goody Hut

Fix :
Great Wall (didn't work before) now gives +5 Defence to the city, obsolete at chivalry
Ramkhamhaeng Traits (didn't work before) : strategic resources provide +1:food: and influence degrades at 75% and recovers at 150% of the normal rate..

Text Fix :
Free Thought policy description
Angkor Wat effect description

Graphics :
Gold & Red China
Red & Green Aztec

This is still a beta but I would love some feedback and ideas. I also welcome any help, especially with sql & lua knowledge :)

If it's released, you should at least say "It's available at the modbrowser" and/or had a mod file link here... I don't see both and judged that this is a development thread, that should be in Customization.

I wouldn't have posted it in the modpacks section if it wasn't released but ok, I hope it's clear now. Thanks for spamming my thread pffft ;)

Your mod is pretty good, as I am playing it now... however I would like an Idle Process to be made so that I don't have to continue spawning and deleting useless warrior's and whatnot until I research Currency or Education for it's processes. Can ya make one for this mod?

Your mod is pretty good, as I am playing it now... however I would like an Idle Process to be made so that I don't have to continue spawning and deleting useless warrior's and whatnot until I research Currency or Education for it's processes. Can ya make one for this mod?

Sure, I'm in the middle of a game right now, making notes of what could be improved.. I don't know about your game but I have a phew production citys that can build units in 4-5 turns while the other citys are slow but making a good amount of gold... it's quite nice, I just gotta tweak it right and then work on the dumb AI. I was under the impression that making production more important would help the AI but it's still struggling and the fact that they fight each other early on when there's still a lot of empty land up for grab isn't helping.

Nice mod - I played 4 hours last night. (standard-standard) It felt so nice being able to actually build stuff... :)

A few things I noticed:

You say wheat farm = +1 food in the description above, but it looks like you've buffed the farm to give +2 food in general. (Wheat still gives +1 food over the base tile, regardless of improvement)

While you're at it, I think buffing some of the improvements to give an additional +1 food would be a good idea (workboats/pastures)

Sadly I don't think I'll have the time to work on this mod anymore, at least not for a while, so feel free to improve it or use the ideas for another mod...

I believe it's really a fun mod, basically it's more like Civ 4 in terms of gold and production : you buy units less often and use production cities more.. Cities built on the coast are a lot better too. It just needs a bit of tweaking and work on the AI's use of gold & production and maybe balance the Research.. Anyways I hope a more skilled modder with more free time than I do will take a look at it, I believe it has potential :)

Top Bottom