Clicking "Begin Your Journey" crashes the game

darkest_inferno

Chieftain
I can load everything fine but once i get into the loading screen for a game it is surprisingly fast at loading and once it gives me the option to Begin My Journey i click it and everything just freezes up and i can't do anything.

I have looked around on google looking for something that can fix the problem and most of the places say to delete unwanted autosaves and saves.

I deleted all types of save in the Civ Folder that i could find but when i checked in game, there were two autosaves that, when clicked, crashes the game instantly. I figure that those must be what is causing the game to freeze up and die but i have no idea how to get rid of them.
Help :(

Not sure why this happens to me know, played 400+ hours without this problem. Verified cache, no luck. What's up? :eek:
Everything loads fine up until 'begin your journey'

To delete the autosaves, delete everything in your C:\Users\Home\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Saves\single\auto folder. You might also try deleting everything in your C:\Users\Home\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache folder. If you have any Steam cloud saves, one or more may be corrupt, so you can try deleting (manually) any cloud saves.

Did you try doing a search of the file names (whole computer search)?

Same here...
Since i own BnW i got crashes after loading a mod and beginning a new game, when i click on "Begin Journey".
After some research i detdected some giant auto save files, created by the game at start of a new journey (location: moddedsaves).
After deleting these i started a new modded journey and monitored the auto save-data.
Well... After a few minutes it hits 23 GB and there was no more space on my disk...

I read about withdrawing your windows-user the write and read rights on this folder. This would work! But then there will be no more auto saves when playing a mod... So this is no option for me!

Anyone an idea?
Back at home i will compare the windows rights management of the normal auto saves folder and the mod folder. Hopefully there will appear a difference...

Schaedel

Edit: No problems with unmodded games!

Got a solution for the problem!
I tried what is mentioned here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13027296#post13027296

I would recommend to rename the "cache" folder, so if civ V got a serious problem with deleting ist, you have a fallback solution.
Except of my "Mod of Ice and Fire" it works now very well. Still with this mod i got the problem... So in my opinion it looks like this mod causes the problem...

Thanks to Allein and to Browd!

Top Bottom