Clown Car VII: Or "Gulliver's Travels 2: The Witch Hunt Continues"

Perhaps having demonstrated what resources exist instead of doctor's visits, and where they're currently spent, has reminded some people of the effectiveness of... such agreemnts.

Gori is incorrect regarding the merits of spending on defense in times of peace, unfortunately.

Dear President Sanchez,

Should I become the United States President in 2024, I will be encouraging Russia to kill 10,000 of your civilians because you didn't purchase 10 Raptors in the period running from 2020-2022.

Sincerely,

Donald Trump

That is roughly how the lowest common denominators work. We can hate it all we want. Perhaps our shining rhetoric will work, in stead.

Dear President Putin,

Should I become the United States President in 2024, I will be encouraging Russia to kill 10,000 civilians of any country of your choice from the following list of countries that failed to purchase [sufficient units of military hardware] in the period running from 2020-2022:

[list of Countries]

Sincerely,

Donald Trump

10,000 was derived, though--do keep in mind--from the relatively equivalent populations of Spain and Ukraine. The actual figure would vary based on the population of the country in question and degree to which is is in arrears of the 2% spending benchmark.

The more I work with this, the more I think Trump's statement is the most sociopathic thing uttered by a human being since Stalin's "the death of one man is a tragedy; the death of a million a statistic." I'm sure there are other contenders, but none come to mind.

Last edited:
You haven't been listening to the conquerors, then.

The more I work with this, the more I think Trump's statement is the most sociopathic thing uttered by a human being since Stalin's "the death of one man is a tragedy; the death of a million a statistic."

Really? This one is just off the top of my head:

He still gets some things right, even if by accident and wrong in tone. Not doing thier part? Not part of the little club. If they won't pay when it is 'easy' you better bet they won't pay when it is hard.
“No, I would not protect you,” Trump recalled telling that president. “In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.”

Just the wrong tone?

“No, I would not protect you,” Trump recalled telling that president. “In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You got to pay. You got to pay your bills.”

Just the wrong tone?
Isn't Trump the guy who regularly stiffs his contractors? :lol:

He's an assclown. But he's not wrong.

Really? This one is just off the top of my head:
Ha ha ha. That's why I almost immediately went back and qualified my statement the way I did.

Further ha has. I also briefly toyed with the idea of turning it into a thread: "what's the most sociopathic thing ever said?" And I laughed to myself, "I bet Lex will have some good ones."

Possibly in my calculus was "by a person who has the power to make such atrocities occur" as a president does but a congressman, on his own, does not.

And one last thing, Trump gets partial credit for every Ogles-like statement. Politicians on the whole used to be more circumspect; it's in the era of Trump that they feel like they can reel off these unfiltered claims.

But since I don't have sufficient time to do justice to the main line of this conversation, this is as far I can go off on this tangent.

It's not like Russia has proven to need the encouragement.

Where have we been?

As a counterpoint, the humorist Will Rogers said that diplomacy was the art of saying, "nice doggie," whilst looking for a rock.

10,000 was derived, though--do keep in mind--from the relatively equivalent populations of Spain and Ukraine. The actual figure would vary based on the population of the country in question and degree to which is is in arrears of the 2% spending benchmark.

The more I work with this, the more I think Trump's statement is the most sociopathic thing uttered by a human being since Stalin's "the death of one man is a tragedy; the death of a million a statistic." I'm sure there are other contenders, but none come to mind.
Madeline Albright, when confronted with the fact of 500,000 dead Iraqi children, said it was a price the US was willing to pay.
HTH.

Madeline Albright, when confronted with the fact of 500,000 dead Iraqi children, said it was a price the US was willing to pay.
HTH.
Please post your source for that.

The NatSec blob has evolved a justification for this, which is that Albright actually meant "for the sake of argument, if we assume 500,000 children died, it would be worth it" and there has since been a concerted attempt to cover up the extent of what was done to Iraq through the sanctions by claiming that the UN studies from the 90s were basically fabricated.

Top Bottom