Club Immortal

Excellent. This is going to my first try at immortal, after a good run of success at emperor.

Reports to come soon.

Turns 1-50

Spoiler :
Settle in place, build scout. Explore with warrior and later with scout.
Gain 2 x culture, 1 upgrade for scout, cash and a map. Also masonry. I take a couple of SPs before the cost of a 2nd city hits me.

Settle New York to gain the most resources, buy the cotton tile just in case Gandhi gets any ideas.

Meet some neigbours

Make some trades and buy workers, need plenty of them, but not too many.

Selling resources and buying settlers and workers is my favourite way to REX, far quicker and more cost effective.

One settle heads north, the other to have the spices and keep Gengis off my turf.

Venice is also a good source for a worker. To rub salt into the wound, I settle and steal the furs, stole the spot from the Russians as well, they were 1 turns short of having the fur.

Cathy settles anyway, 1 turn too late.

Tech views etc for t50.

Been building a fair few warriors, hopefully hit some iron and upgrade my way to puppet heaven.

Forgot to save at t50 :(

Turn 1-68. This is my first game report. Enjoying the game so far.

Spoiler :
Turn 10: I settle on the spot rather than 1 to NE, cause I like hills and forests for my capital. Build a scout. I pop a few ruins, but don't get much except for a weapon upgrade to archer for my scout, which is very nice. I find Venice, a friendly maritime right next door. I need to make friends with them soon...

Turn 24: I'm going to beeline to horseback riding, because I don't trust myself to win on immortal without them. Also, there's 8 horse up north and I hope no one up there to grab them from me or get mad at me for settling there. Going to also grab some honor SP, which I never do (usually go rationalism as a springboard to industrial to get order/communism). Don't know how I'll handle the SP down the road, but will take the honor up to double exp.

Got a settler almost built. Ghandi is down to the SW. Catherine and Genghis lurk somewhere to my east I think.

Turn 44: Settled right on top of the horses up north. Ghandi is getting passive agressive, settling right next to my capital. This can't be good news. At least he hasn't threatened me for settling to close to him...yet.

Found Genghis down in the SE. I've worked up a nice little combined arms army with a horsemen, an archer and 2 warriors. Might be enough to take Ghandi out, since he's a wimp.

Er. Maybe Ghandi isn't the smartest target to focus on first. Apparently he believes in peaceful resistance with a big stick.

Turn 48: I send my band of merry men off to visit Genghis, to see what's cooking. It would be nice to stomp him before he gets to HBR. Turns out Genghis' men are depressed and wish to die as painlessly as possible. This is an opportunity I can't pass up.

Turn 55: Ghandi can not resist the opportunity to beat up on his closest neighbor when he is number 1 in troops. Unfortunately, I am his closest neighbor. Fortunately, he appears to have made the declaration without massing at my borders, so maybe I have some time to take care of the Khan first. I got a second horse and 2 more building, to round out my early army. Picked up a GG from my second SP.

Turn 58: Ghandi asks for peaceful coexistance...with extreme prejudice. I have to take out Genghis' capital and make peace, ASAP.

Turn 59: I take the capital, make peace and rush buy a chariot archer in Washington.

Turn 63: Where's Ghandi, you may ask. Me ask too! I killed a unit or two and the rest just ran away. COWARDS!

Turn 68: Mumbai puts up token resistance to the mighty American war machine.

I rush built a library in Washington to get some GS points going. I've got an extra GG, that I don't know what to do with yet. Ghandi's cowards have appeared BEHIND the capital. Way to go, guys. Nice way to protect your helpless citizens. Maybe I won't even fight his army...plenty of flats for my horsemen to ride in on.

Here's the turn 68 stats:

Hiwatha is leading in land and production, which is worrying with his production ability down the road. I'm second in land, which is great and have a great army.

So far, so good. Need to kick the science in gear. My plan at the moment is to stay at only 2 settled cities and rely on my puppets to grind out happy, gold and science buildings.

Turn 1-50:

Spoiler :

Build order in capital was scout / scout / worker / settler / settler / worker / settler. Got two good city sites close to my capital, beat Ghandi by one turn when I settled Boston:

Happiness won't be an issue when I get a couple of workers to improve resources, gonna keep spamming settlers in capital and try to grab one or two more happiness sites. Allied Venice hoping to get furs and horses, but Catherine settled the furs:

Thinking about trying to grab the marble from her though using our ability to buy land cheap by settling the barbarian camp. Probably will cause her to declare at me though, but I feel kind of safe as long as I keep Venice allied. My other option is settling the incense up north west, but I rather grab that later.

Have been selling open borders and done some decent scouting and will soon have enough to buy another CS. Probably gonna get Genoa, they have Whales, Horses and a strategic location if we're gonna get it on with Russia.

Researching Horseback Riding, hopefully nothing will go down before I get it. Diplo have been going REALLY fine, everybody wants PoC:s with me and I've signed PoS against Ghandi and Genghis.

Turn 50-60:

Spoiler :

Haha that will teach me to not expand instead of just clicking Horseback Riding in the tech tree. Settled marble site close to Catherine, allied Genoa.

Ghandi replaces me as ally of Venice with is annoying, but HBR is only a few turns away and I still got horses. Now Ghengis declares on me and moves out with a few warriors and archers. Nothing I can't handle really, and with HBR i'll roll him over.

Now at turn 60, Catherine and Ghandi both declare at me and Ghandi moves in with war elephants. Game over. Atleast seems like the AI don't hesitate to backstab you when they get the chance. Settling close (which is inevitable in most cases) is like a certain DoW, which is fine I guess.

Wurstburst - turn 68 - 99:

Spoiler :

When we left off, I had to break off my war with Genghis after taking his capital to deal with Ghandi the COWARD.

His elephants do come out to fight, but it's a pathetic stand and he dies on turn 70 without any problem.

Siam offers a POC, but I turn him down and even mock him in pictures. I figured to go and mop up Genghis, and then Siam is next on my list, since they are the only other civ I have located. Don't want to piss off all the other civs when I DoW on him.

NOTE: This was a HUGE blunder on my part...

Any way, Ghandi's fall nets me 4 horses and 2 cotton. I sell the cotton right away. With my 1600 gold stockpile, I buy Venice away from Hiawatha. I enjoy doing this since 600 of the gold came from him.

I smugly head east to warmonger Genghis. The AI has other plans. The next turn Catherine drops our POS and Hiawatha drops our POC. Uh-oh. The very next turn they both DoW on me. My mongolian vacation plans are postponed.

I buy Warsaw for some extra culture.

Again, thankfully, neither has amassed on my borders, so time to react. Wish I knew where either one lived, though...

Turn 78. Siam goes hostile on me and taunts me until I cry. Wu and Askia cancel our POC's. This is not going well, considering I made a total of 1 DoW, and have had the AI declare on ME three times. Yet, I am somehow the bad guy. :cry:

I take Military Tradition for double experience, which is good, since war looks to be in my near and far future. Hiawatha is harassing Warsaw, so I send to ranged units and a warrior there to protect, distract and harass back.

I send 4 horsemen and a warrior up to Russia, which it turns out, I can see from my backyard. Who knew? Still no attack from either AI.

Turn 79: Catapult. Come out to play-ee-ay. Catapult. Come out to play-eeee-ay.

Turn 81: Russia can't resist sending troops to exile in Siberia to die. Hiawatha appears incapable of mustering an attack.

Turn 82: 2 more Russian martyrs. Got construction to build some happy. Going currency next. Plan is to then beeline to new eras.

Turn 83: Siam DoW on me. My refused POC comes back to bite me. Plus, the reason for refusing was so that the AI's wouldn't be pissed when I betrayed him. Instead, I now have 3 AI at war with me, none of which I provoked in any way. And everyone hates me anyway. Learning: take EVERY POC offered to you. The AI is nuts anyway and at least it buys you some time while you deal with other crazy civs.

I pull back my Warsaw protectors to my SE borders to deal with the inevitable Hiawatha/Ram assault.

Up in Russia, the suicide pact continues...

Turn 86: Got NY and Washington making horseman and chariot archer. My retreat to Kakakorum is complete.

Cath sends ANOTHER pair of suicides up my way. They seem to be neverending.

Got 12 horse resource with only 5 cities. Nice. My happy is up to 9, so I'm itching to take down some Russian puppets if they would just stop hurling themselves under my hooves.

Turn 88: Siam attacks. Good thing I retreated. Not enough there to hold off a dedicated assault and not good defending positions.

Turn 89: First GS born. Lost a warrior to Siam. Take out a horse in return. No one will take peace, not even Cath. Cath suicides THREE units this time. I grow tired of taking pictures of insanity.

Turn 91: St Pete is left vacant and I grab it. Moscow falls the following turn. Cath still won't take a peace deal. :mad: She's dead meat, so I plan to leave an archer and warrior there and start moving back my horsemen to the real battle.

Karkorum is toast, and my chariot archer can't get away fast enough. I take out a swordsman with it first though. I insta heal my other warrior for one last stand.

Turn 93: I lose Karkorum and my forested warrior to Hiwatha, after Siam does all the hard work. I manage to salvage my GG, archer and even my chariot archer. My horse are on the way.

Still first in land and soldiers. Still no one will settle. Tough minded AIs this game.

Turn 96: Catherine sues for peace! Finally. I send a horseman down to the SW to deal with a barb camp on my borders.

Turn 99: Ram and Hiawatha still won't take a peace deal. My troops are ready for a counter attack. I've seen at least 1 pike from Hiwatha, so I must use caution.

I sell 5 excess luxuries, mostly to Wu. Apparently, China is such an economic giant, that they need cheap American luxuries to give their fat consumers something to buy. Ironic.

turn 99 state of affairs: I have a good strong economy, lots of land, 4 happy, and a good army. Unfortunately I have 2 wars going against very strong civs, in one location. Plus is only one front to deal with. Minus is the huge concentration of enemy troops. Double attacks in the same area is dangerous.

I am considering going for Knights tech as the AI will be pulling out longswordsman soon. Siam's elephants worry me. I need to deal with him NOW before the herd appears. Gotta get Hiawatha to strike a deal.

More to come soon.

I am a new member, but long-time lurker of these forums. So far I'm enjoying this Immortal game with America. My game has gone a bit differently than the above posters.

I started out with the intention of quickly obtaining Longswordsmen, and then the UU Minutemen. But not necessarily racing or bee-lining, as I do like to get my economy going first. I made the decision to not make Horsemen and as of turn 160 or so I still have not made a single one.

I founded my first city in place, then founded my second city directly to the west near the cotton and wine (but not the cotton a bit further south). Genghis ended up DOWing me early (around turn 60 or so I think), probably because I hadn't built up much of an army yet. But I was able to hold him off at my capitol, killing 6 or 7 of his units and not losing any of mine. Luckily I was able to upgrade warriors to swords during the battle as I had ample iron by my second city. Also, during the battle several other civs DOWed Genghis at the same time, including India. Gandhi also took advantage of my war and founded 2 cities directly to the south of me, grabbing up those additional wine, cotton and horses. After I had dispatched Genghis I was tempted to take those 2 cities from Gandhi, but he had too many troops very close taking a Mongol city to the immediate south. So instead, I ninjaed the Mongol city from him with one of my swords. Eventually I took the Mongols generous peace offer. Genghis was eventually destroyed by Siam.

For the next bit of time I expanded NW and NE around the lake, founding 3 more cities. I probably made a mistake not obtaining more SP's before growing, as I just had several SP's in the Honor line, but no happiness SP's for expansion. So after getting the double exp SP I will save up for Order. I decided to stay out of warring at this stage, instead trading with as many civs as possible and buying up several Maritime CS allies. I grabbed all of the important early techs (Calendar, Writing, Trapping, Wheel, etc.) but continued my main focus of working toward Gunpowder. During this time the AI civs were constantly warring with each other and I was happy to let them wear each other down.

Around turn 125 or so I had a window of opportunity to take out Gandhi as he had been in a long war with Askia and his northern cities were basically defenseless. So I took a Treb and a few Longswordsman and conquered all his cities down to his capitol, leaving him only a couple of minor cities way south before I accepted a generous peace deal from him (in which he gifted me 1 of his remaining 3 cities).

At turn 150 things have started to get a bit hairy. Cat is encroaching to the NE and it's only a matter of time before she DOWs me due to proximity. I managed to appease her for a short while by agreeing to war with her against Siam, but I didn't fight a single battle against them. But even more scary is Hiawatha to the far SE who has now out-teched me to Rifleman and is becoming hostile. The only plus is that Siam is still in his way, but not for long as he is quickly gobbling them up. So I will quickly be facing Hiawatha and have been trying to build up my army quickly (with minutemen and cannons). But my empire is a bit spread out and will be hard to defend, particularly if Cat also attacks to the NE at the same time.

More later, and I will post some screens if I can figure out how to do it. I saved games at 50, 100 and 150 so far.

Gotta throw these reports up before I lose my notes!

wurstburst turn 100-150:

Spoiler :

turn 103: When left off, I was at war with Siam and Iriquois. Working towards knights to avoid falling to elephant stomping. Karkourum trades hands a few times before I secure it from Hiawatha on turn 102. Horses are very helpful, because when I take it, I retreat out of the city. When Hiawatha takes it back, he leaves a unit there, which dies when I recapture. He loses a couple of units this way. he still won't take peace of course.

Siam send 2 horse up to Venice. That's bad news as elephants are sure to follow. I think I can go after Ram now, even with Hiawatha still at war with me.

turn 105: Operation Siam Slam. So long Muang Saluang. I get a GG in Dehli and pop him for a golden age.

Hiawatha is tired of fighting and agrees to fight no more (for now). I immediately buy Helsinki away from him to feed my peeps.

turn 106: Siam decides to settle in the middle of my massed army. Huh? I capture and raze it. :confused:

turn 108: Siam is on the ropes. I don't think they have much left to throw at me.

turn 110: An archer, a swordsman and a settler appear out of nowhere. The settler attacks Helsinki (lol).

I take the big city on turn 110 and the small one of turn 111. On 112, I pop a GS to get chivalry. I take peace with the meager remnants of Siam and grab one more city in the deal.

At this point: Ghandi dead. Cath, Genghis and Ram are crippled. Hiawatha is strong still and nearby. Wu and Askia are strong, but I don't know where they are yet, I've got 2 cities, 9 puppets and manageable happiness.

turn 118: Hiawatha asks my intentions. I tell him it's just a routine scientific expedition. Nothing to worry himself about.

Turn 125: Well, obviously I attacked him, since I'm already a warmonger for the crime of being gang DoW'ed by 3 AIs. Took 3 of his cities, set the 3 cities to raze. Lost 2 chariot archers. Should have promoted them to knights. Stupid me. He's got 3 cities left, but a shrinking army.

turn 130: Hiawatha continues to hurl units at me. The AI still doesn't "get it" with protecting ranged units. Another turn or two and his last 3 cities should be empty.

I'm working the lower 1/2 of the tech tree. No beelining for anything in this game. It's all about the military. Kills me to be nowhere near Order/communism.

Askia goes to war with Wu. I finally find the two of them in the SW corner.

turn 137: Osinka falls on turn 131 and I raze it. He takes one of my knights on turn 135 and I take his capital in partial payment . Unhappiness soars. I annex a small Siam puppet and buy me some happy. Hiawatha's last city looks undefended. I retaliation for his unprovoked earlier aggression against me, I will take it and burn it. He's toast on turn 137.

turn 140: I upgrade my swordsmen to longswords and buy 2 more. I work towards rifling to replace my knights down the road. Genghis cuts off my trade routes with a city. Not cool. I DoW him next turn before he gets mad at me being on his borders.

turn 150: I get another GG on turn 146. Pop two of them on turn 147 for a 13 turn golden age. Leaves me with 1 GG still. Not much to say about my "war" with Khan. He had no troops to speak of. I raze 4 of his cities and puppet one to get spices. I leave him with one measly newly settled city because I can't be bothered.

I need to go take care of Wu. It looks like she is whipping Askia's butt, if the action on my borders is any indication. She has crossbow and longswords, so tech parity with me. I buy 2 more longswords on tun 149 in anticipation of rifling. Get a second GS. Should be able to pop rifling around turn 165. Then Wu will get some attention.

Status: 9 unhappy, 4 turns from a colliseum. Askia looked pretty empty when I ran through there. We may be weak due to her war with him (wishful thinking?). I have best gold and production economy and #1 in science. #1 in troops with a big boost in 10 turns from rifling. Askia and Wu are my only worries and I can focus on both at the same time without having to worry about multiple fronts.

wurstburst turn 150 - end:

Spoiler :

turn 158: I move my troops over towards china. Pop 2 GS for rifling to get tech lead. China has only 5 cities, Askia 6. Askia is behind on tech, so I'll hit China first. I've got 5 knights, 7 riflemen and 2 buckets ready. I take 3 SP in rationalism to boost science by 40%. 6 turns to arty, if I want it (duh!).

turn 161: War with Wu. I take a city on the first turn, kill 2 of her crossbows. She takes 2 of my knights in return. I lose a rifleman on turn 163, but take a second city. A 3rd city falls on turn 164. She had a good amount of stuff there at the start of war.

turn 165: I take scientific revolution SP and get 2 techs for arty. At this point I wish I hadn't used the 3 SP in honor. I'd be one SP away from communism.

turn 168: Beijing is seiged. Arty ready, but wont get there in time to matter. I take the city on turn 169, settle for peace and get ready to take on Askia. Siam still has it's capital, so I'll have to grab that too at some point.

Turn 175: Askia is ripe for the picking. I DoW on him. Siam should fall too, although I have only an arty, 2 crossbow and a rifleman over there. I'll Dow him next turn anyway, just to get the process going.

turn 177: Siam's capital falls. I lose a crossbow. Should have upgraded to rifle :sad:

Gao dies soon after.

WIN!

Final stats: 2 settled cities (my standard practice), 13 puppets, 2 cities in process of razing, 5 allied CS, 197 BPT, 113 GPT.

wurstburst - final thoughts:

Spoiler :

This was actually a pretty tough start, I think. Genghis was right next door - only 7 tiles from capital to capital! Gandhi settled towards me early game. Catherine was right next to my nearest, best source of horses. A recipe for early carnage and AI gang DoW.

Looking back, I would not take the honor SP line again. I don't feel like it helped me much if at all. Don't need the barbarian bonus. The GG I got really just turned into a mid-game golden age and the other bonuses didn't really make a big difference in my battles. If I had saved them up, I'd have been hitting communism right as the game was ending on turn 180. Didn't need it in this game, but in a different setup, that extra production can really put you over the top for the end-game if you are still playing into turn 300 or so. Even without going for order, I could have used those honor SP instead for some happiness SP, which would have let me puppet some of those cities I had to raze along the way.

I struggled with happiness the whole game. With so many of the AIs ganging up on me, I had fewer trading opportunities. There were some points where I wanted to trade for luxuries, but couldn't find an AI to make a trade with. In addition, my singleminded military focus kept me away from my typical acoustics path, hurting my happy more. However, looking back, I did need to go heavy military to keep up with the aggressive neighbors.

Twice in the game, I decided not to upgrade ranged units (chariot archers to knights and crossbow to rifles), thinking their promotions would be better. Both times, they got stomped and killed. Lesson of the day: always upgrade, even if you lose useful promotions. A live unit without promotions is better than a dead unit with promotions.

Fun game and my first win on immortal (got a cheesy duel win on diety but that doesn't really count).

Hope you enjoyed the reports.

Thanks very much for the write up wurstburst. The honor tree is so tempting to dabble with but I'm trying to not use it these days. But double XP is so nice to have.

Ugh, I really hate how they did the domination victory in this game. So I never go for it. Might as well call it "be-the-last-bloke-to-hold-on-to-your-pants victory" except that's too long so let's call it BTLBTHOTYPV

@ wurstburst:

Spoiler :

Good game. Our differences in openings really show; a couple PoS and PoC, city settling locations, and all of a sudden the complexity of the game changes entirely. Gandhi did not DoW me until I was nearly done with my second opponent, and only did it at that point because Hiawatha dragged him into it. I got stuck up on a 2 front war that slowed me down a lot, and thanks to very little tech effort stayed materially behind you in tech the whole game.

I'm not done yet, but I'm very far into the game (I'm uploading post 1000 AD now). Despite a worse tech position than you, honor + horsemen (later knights) have been carrying. The combo of shock III/march/blitz knights + great general + discipline (and the mobility to milk it) really digs into the AI. While honor is not necessary, not just beating but TROUNCING the likes of muskets and longswords with horsemen...and later rifles with knights...is very nice. By stacking up shock promotions/GG/discipline, you can get well over +100% str, while the defender takes a penalty to strength. So while I did very little else right, I am going to finish a later but similar victory to you on the strength of pure military tactics abuse. It looked bad for a while, but now I've broken Khan, Siam, Hiawatha, Gandhi (who damaged Askia), and am chipping at Catherine very successfully. The remaining civs after that have 4 cities or less...not enough to mount meaningful #'s to overcome what are becoming very strong units. If I reach military science, even infantry will probably suck hard to the mounted abuse. Very fun

This was a fun challenge, even though it was heavily tilted towards a domination win. Washington is IMHO pretty weak with only the +1 sight actually having an impact, but a pangea map is domination friendly, so I went for that.

My write up is not really precise, since I forgot to take notes and shots, but here are some highlights:

Spoiler :

My first goal was to steal a worker and warrior rush the closest civ. I somehow missed meeting the Mongolians, so when I encountered Siam, I stole their worker and returned home. On my way home I found the capital of Mongolia and decided that it would be my first target for a warrior rush.

After building and buying my way op to 5 warriors I attacked and conquered Mongolia. This was around turn 35. At the same time I had founded my second city (New York) just SW of my capitol with the only purpose of hooking up some horses. I had also discovered Ghandi to the west and he would be the target of my warrior/horsemen attack.

My initial push in the late turn 40s against Ghandi went well, but then at turn 50 after taking his first city he suddenly mustered quite a bit of an army. My newly acquired city would fall next turn, so I offered him peace in exchange for my own city New York. Luckily he agreed and I now had 10 turns to prepare for the real attack. I used this to build a handful of horsemen and India was conquered in the early turn 70s.

At this point I was pretty much in war with everybody on the map (except China). I only puppeted cities to control my happiness. I also focused warriors on building roads between the conquered land, both for happiness and to move my army around.

My next target was Siam. Rammy didn't put up much of a fight, so my horsemen army quickly headed north towards Russia. Here I encountered spearmen and catapults, but still not a real threat. Now I also had 8 horsemen, so I decided to split and fight a two-front war! Half went southwest towards Askia and half went southeast towards Hiawatha. This nearly proved fatal as Hiawatha had pikemen and longswords and Askia had his special cavalry. Against Hiawatha the solution was longswords to deal with his pikemen.

Askia proved to be really annoying. I took his capitol, but he had some cavalry in the fog and conquered it right back. It was on a hill and had walls and suddenly it had a defense of 31. My horsemen were useless towards such a high defense and my few longswords were too slow. The solution was to tech Metallurgy, annex a city closeby and rushbuy Lancers. 3 of them proved enough to take Askia. While waiting for this China was conquered with no problems.

My tech was mostly focused in the lower part of the tree. And my SP ended up with Piety to get the 20% less unhappiness bonus. Other than that is was basically a horsemen rush game.

I've attached a few savegames from the progress. I'm sorry that its not on comparable turns, but that's how it is.

Attachments

• Washington_0084 BC-0775.Civ5Save
    581.9 KB · Views: 55
  • Washington_0116 AD-0025.Civ5Save
    608.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Washington_0139 AD-0580.Civ5Save
    619.2 KB · Views: 64
Great idea, saw this game earlier today and got up to turn 50 now:

Spoiler :
First I thought a little bit how to play that one and while the AIs only start with 1 settler those additional workers on the one hand bothered me, on the other hand they looked like a free worker for me early on. So this was going to be a warrior rush.

Since finding additional civs fast is most important here I decided to build a scout first anyway. And while he didnt find any AIs at first (moved him NW) I found some goodie huts, one of them upgrading them to archers.

In the meantime my warrior found the Mongols and I was happily circling Karakorum looking for an opening for a worker steal, but didnt find one till I had 3 warriors in position and my scout was approaching from the west.

After my DOW/steal on Mongolia it still took me a couple of turns to get rid of the defending warriors and finally took Karakorum a bit before turn 35.

I moved west towards Siam next which had been found by my 2nd warrior before and got a great opportunity there. I stole 2 workers on the DOW and managed to take out a warrior which was escorting a settler. Unfortunatly I lost 2 warriors in the process, but it was a decent exchange IMO for 3 workers, 2 spearmen and 1 warrior.

Now my archer and remaining warrior are waiting for HBR to finish in order to get enough units to finish off Siam.

In the meantime I am building my first settler in my capital to get a city in between my capital and Karakorum. Sadly my culture rate is very bad at the moment and I still have not reached my goal of the SP which gives +1 happiness per connected city and it is still about 20 turns away at the current rate of culture gain.

With about 1.1k gold in the bank from selling open borders and luxuries I am thinking about buying a monument in my capital, but I think getting as many horsemen as fast as possible is more important at the moment.

Made the mistake of trying to get Stonehenge build earlier, but lost the race for it - too many Prince/King level games for me lately ;)

CharonJr

Attachments

• Washington_0050 BC-2000.Civ5Save
    538.3 KB · Views: 65
Just reached turn 82, more tomorrow ;)

Spoiler :
After I got 2 horsemen in place Siam was conquered fairly quickly, even getting me another worker since Siam build a settler while my armies were at its gates.

A few turns later the Iroquois show up with 4 units to my newly acquired city and surprise, surprise, there is a DOW from them and the Chinese a few turns after that.

In the meantime I brought 3 additional horsemen online due to selling additional luxuries and the earlier battle for Siam netted me a GG. This little Kampfgruppe is supported by my scout/archer as well and is heading right for the Iroquois while the remaining 2 horsemen, 1 scout and 1 warrior defend the former Siamese capital.

After destroying a bunch of units with no losses myself the Iroquois are down to their capital now.

China just showed up with 4 units at my southernmost city (3 warriors, 1 chariot), I bought a archer there and am fairly confident that I will be able to keep them in check for now, unless more/advanced units show up.

In addition I just build my 5th city (+2 puppets) - all from my capital since there really arent any wonders to build there at the monent, the new cities are all building libraries - this time to the east in order to get some iron (2 sources around there), but Ghandi was hostile to me anyway.

Russia and the Songhai seem to like me at the moment, likely due to selling them my luxuries and having signed a pact of secrecy with Russia.

Well, interesting game and much fun. It will be interesting to see how this one turns out in the end.

CharonJr

Attachments

• Washington_0082 BC-0825.Civ5Save
    612.8 KB · Views: 66
Turn 82-100:

Spoiler :
At turn 87 Askia gave a DOW to India and I was happy to see one of the 2 civs friendly with me occupied elsewhere. Since Ghandi has been building a bunch of 1-shot wonders I move some observers close to Delhi - maybe I will be able to steal the city after Askia weakened the defenses.

In the meantime I move my 6th settler south to fill in the gap between the Iroquois lands and my territory, there is some silver to be had there for happiness and additional trades.

After this settler I will most likely wait for culture to catch up and take the Freedom SP, which reminds me that I have forgotten to look up at which era it becomes available, maybe I need to tech a bit faster (have 1 GS waiting at the moment).

My libraries are starting to be completed and my tech is going up, at trun 100 I produce 71 research each turn and just started to work on Chivalry. In order to man those libraries I have to ally a Maritime CS.

Around turn 90 I manage to take the Iroquois capital, but they have another citiy I havent seen before and refuse peace for a bunch of turns. I wonder if this has anything to do with their UA. In the end I simply take the last city and puppet it, too.

At turn 98 I manage to steal Delhi and India is out of the game.

Askia seems the biggest threat now and while we are still on fairly good terms (261 gold from him for oe of my luxuries) hhe will be my next target. But it will be some time before I get my troops into position.

China accepted my peace offer giving me pretty much everything the had. I still have not seen any of their cities (just 2), but I suspect they are to the SW, essentially cut off by Askia.

With a bit of luck the next report will be the last one since just 3 civs are left. Russia and the Songhai are fairly powerful, but still only at half my score while China should be no problem and with what they had to pay to me for peace I doubt they will be much of a challenge in the end.

CharonJr

Attachments

• Washington_0100 BC-0375.Civ5Save
    667.8 KB · Views: 58
Top Bottom