Coastal Empire

sweetdude

Chieftain
I need help. Decided to do a coastal empire, but whenever i start to really get ahead i get revolutions and whatnot. Im playing prince. This is what i posted on the mod forum, but they showed me this forum:

I put this on the regular forum, but here i might get more of an answer for LoR specificly, as it is REEAALLY hard with how the interface works. I need help. How can i not collapse or face revolutions all the time? Especially with "colonies" and distance from capital cities?

Say, for role play purposes, i only find cities on island and coasts, and maybe go in2ward just to a lake or something. But obviously not all of my country is connected by land. Like, for example with europe, I rule rome, egypt, britain, north of turkey, portugal and a bunch oif islands. theyre not all connected, but each strong points with resources and whatnot. Im tryin for a pure naval game, so would sperated land among a continent worth the challenge? And would warfare be extremely difficult?

Also, as another example, im renaming my nation Venice, and rule it as the nation did so in history. Thus the motivation for it. I love the mod, but want to know if its possible in LoR?

Try the Great Lighthouse. The extra trade routes will significantly reduce the city distance penalty in the early game. Also whenever I've gotten the mids and switch to Representation I've found Revolutions become less of an issue. If you dont' want to get the pyramids, focus on getting Monarchy early and switching to Hereditary rule. Despotism simply will not work for large empires, it has major revolutions penalties which start to snowball with more cities. So yeah, if you want to go for a large and spread out coastal empire game with Revolutions on, I'd say focus on getting the Great Lighthouse and switching out of Despotism early. You can also just turn off Revolutions by accessing the BUG options (press ctrl + alt + o) and uncheck the Revolutions box in the RevDCM tab. Pictures might help us see what's going on and give you more specific advice.

Also try to spread your state religion if you have one.

Building up culture helps too, though it can be tough to do in newly settled cities.

Wage wars successfully - your military achievements will foster your people's national feelings and unity. It's not so important to actually capture cities, mainly you should defeat enemy units.

Top Bottom