Collectors' Edition in UK

Openskies

Chieftain
Apologies if this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer in my search. Will the Collectors' Edition be available in the UK?

If not, will there be any differences between US and UK versions?

Thanks for your help!

Openskies

Which US site?

I know amazon.com won't ship internationally with games...

You may pre-order at Ebgames and chips and bits, hey all have the pre-order limited edition. But bear in mind you are going to be charged customs tax when the game arrives ...

I think it's absolutly disgusting that the UK will not get the Limited edition/collectors edition pre-order version.

Some thing should be done about this! A lot of people want this version in the UK and what ever happened to getting a tech tree chart with the game! Civ1 had it, both call to power games had one and Alpha Centauri had one!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I agree Jimmy, I'd really like a tech tree and the keyboard shortcut map thingy would come in handy. Release the Collectors' Edition over here already!!!!

I would have thought Take 2 are missing an excellent opportunity to get more pre-orders and make more profit from the higher priced Collectors' edition.

I want one! :cry:

Openskies said:
I would have thought Take 2 are missing an excellent opportunity to get more pre-orders and make more profit from the higher priced Collectors' edition.

I want one! :cry:

Isn't the Collectors' Edition the same price as the normal version?

Either way I'd be more than willing to shell out an extra £10 for a copy :D

Having been a lurker for ages, I thought this thread deserved my input. :D

I would also like to purchase the pre-order edition but not have to get it from the other side of the planet. Take2 has offices here in the UK also, why they can't expand this offer outside America I wish I knew.

As food for thought I purchased a game recently called Battle of Britain II (which also lacked the contents of the American version apparently due to the size of the UK DVD packaging). After several disapointed posts on the game forums GMX / G2 Games offered to send out the content to those who wanted it but could not get it locally. A online form was provided and the rest is handled by them for free.

I would love to see this happen with Take2 but somehow I doubt it will. :cry:

[party] Welcome to CFC viz! [party] :band:

I think what you said is quite encouraging, if enough people want the extra material that comes with the collectors edition then perhaps Take 2 will do the same thing as they did for Battle of Britain II! Fingers crossed anyway :goodjob:

BeefBayford said:
[party] Welcome to CFC viz! [party] :band:

I think what you said is quite encouraging, if enough people want the extra material that comes with the collectors edition then perhaps Take 2 will do the same thing as they did for Battle of Britain II! Fingers crossed anyway :goodjob:
Thanks for the warm welcome :beer:

I have been holding back from pre-ordering Civ IV in the hope that the offer will be made available here but it is looking increasingly unlikely.

Jimmyh said:
I think it's absolutly disgusting that the UK will not get the Limited edition/collectors edition pre-order version.

Some thing should be done about this! A lot of people want this version in the UK and what ever happened to getting a tech tree chart with the game! Civ1 had it, both call to power games had one and Alpha Centauri had one!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It is disgusting.

But I hear that USA didn't get the sexy Pirates! Limited Edition DVD Boxset.

I hope they take Switch/Maestro. :D

$49.99 (civ) + $17.15 (delivery) = $67.14
$67.14 * 0.565991 (USD/GBP exchange rate at xe.com) = £38.00

£38.00 * 1.175 (UK VAT)

= £44.65

Plus whatever fee is charged by the delivery company for handling and administration bla bla.

I don't think duty is charged if it is less than £7.00, which in this case it is indeed less.

I would hazard a guess at somewhere around the £50.00 to £55.00 mark in total.
Of course the above costs only outlines UK imports, if anyone spots any glaring mistakes let me know. :cool:

For the sake of comparison Civ IV (regular version) is available for Pre-Order in the UK at £24.99 with free delivery. (www.play.com)

Top Bottom