• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

College Football 2008

Their Conference was a joke, and in comparison with UF, UT, and USC especially there should not even be a discussion. Sorry.

Air Force, San Diego State, Wyoming, UNLV, who did BYU beat?, Utah State, Weber State, and they picked the wrong year for playing Michigan.

I'll give them BYU, TCU, and Alabama as good wins and I'm teetering on BYU. The rest, meh.

Didn't Wyoming go to Knoxville and beat Tennessee this year?

Hawai'i, Tennessee, Arkansas, The Citadel, Kentucky (who did they beat?), Vanderbilt? It's not like Florida doesn't have cupcakes on it's schedule either. Not to mention the fact that Utah had 6 true road game versus 4 for Florida.

But it ignores a huge issue, Florida lost...at home. Utah answered every challenge that was put in front of them, Florida didn't.

Their Conference was a joke, and in comparison with UF, UT, and USC especially there should not even be a discussion. Sorry.

Air Force, San Diego State, Wyoming, UNLV, who did BYU beat?, Utah State, Weber State, and they picked the wrong year for playing Michigan.

I'll give them BYU, TCU, and Alabama as good wins and I'm teetering on BYU. The rest, meh.

Did you watch the Sugar Bowl? They outplayed Alabama more than UF did. TCU dismantled Boise State. I'll give you BYU, but to be honest they beat themselves (thanks Mr. Interception...). MWC is up and coming, and there's no way you can say Utah's schedule was weak. They played like champions.

Don't give me that transitive "They outplayed Alabama more than UF did" stuff, it's incredibly weak and always has been.

The MWC is the best of the second tier of conferences, nothing more nothing less until it's lower tier teams stop sucking so completely.

Utah is a top 5 team, Utah deserved a shot in a playoff. That's it.

Don't give me that transitive "They outplayed Alabama more than UF did" stuff, it's incredibly weak and always has been.

The MWC is the best of the second tier of conferences, nothing more nothing less until it's lower tier teams stop sucking so completely.

Utah is a top 5 team, Utah deserved a shot in a playoff. That's it.

Seeing as there is no playoff, Utah deserved to play Florida for the NCG. Here's to hoping an anti-trust suit is launched.

If that's the case, so did Texas and USC :p

Didn't the Utah AG already threaten an anti-trust suit?

Then Texas got exactly what it deserved and not a spot less.

Then Texas got exactly what it deserved and not a spot less.

No...we plain beat OU. Transitive property would be "Florida shouldnt be number 1 because we beat OU more impressively". See how dumb that sounds?

EDIT: Another transitive argument is "Penn State beat Oregon State so that means Penn State is better than USC!". Both are weak.

No...we plain beat OU. Transitive property would be "Florida shouldnt be number 1 because we beat OU more impressively". See how dumb that sounds?

Texas > OU by your reasoning is equivalent to OS > USC or TT > Texas. I guess OS deserved the Rose Bowl and TT should have been in the title game.

Yes, it does sound stupid.

Stop trying the reframe the debate to avoid the fact that the MWC stinks and Utah was the fourth best team in a good year and that pretty much everyone but Florida got ripped off. Your (lack of) logic is showing.

Stop trying the reframe the debate to avoid the fact that the MWC stinks and Utah was the fourth best team in a good year and that pretty much everyone but Florida got ripped off.

The MWC was better than the Big East, ACC, and Pac-10 this year. I guess all conferences save the Big 12 and SEC stink? Elitist.

Your (lack of) logic is showing.

Are you referring to your own post, or did I miss some brilliant argument somewhere? Your fascination with putting down teams and conferences other than your own is sickening and childish.

Sickening is a pretty strong word:) I think the other conferences are catching up to the tradition rich SEC and big 12, but this year at least they put some of the best teams on the feild. The MWC may be getting up there, but they still have a ways to go to make it on par year after year with the SEC and Big 12. I think they've earned the right to be a little haughty, but watch it you're on thin ice.

Top Bottom