College Football 2008

That's a shame, both the dismissal and the reasons. I think Oklahoma will do fine anyway, we have a pretty good team.

No!!! you will keep the old thread alive with the hilarious pronouncements of an ND fan starting the thread declaring Weis the second coming :lol:

That's a shame, both the dismissal and the reasons. I think Oklahoma will do fine anyway, we have a pretty good team.

Yea, they'll choke in the ROSE BOWL this year :)

I wonder if Fresno State practices the statue of liberty...

No!!! you will keep the old thread alive with the hilarious pronouncements of an ND fan starting the thread declaring Weis the second coming :lol:

They had a good year the year the thread was started--it was the following they sucked.

I predict another BCS Championship birth for OSU. Why? Spite!

I will too, thanks to a manageable schedule after the beatdown of the Trojans.

The Big 10 might have dropped off a little these past 2 seasons, but at least OSU has been willing to play big names out of conference almost every single year.

The OSU/USC game most likely IS for 1 of 2 title slots, neither should lose any other game.

Pretty sad that their conferences are so weak that the closest they get to a challenge is playiong each other. Put either in the SEC or Big 12 and then making it into a BCS game at all, much less the championship, becomes not such a sure thing.

Pretty sad that their conferences are so weak that the closest they get to a challenge is playiong each other. Put either in the SEC or Big 12 and then making it into a BCS game at all, much less the championship, becomes not such a sure thing.

I think the Big East has leapfrogged the Big 10 (or did 2 years ago) too.

I don't know why it's had such a steep fall. Coaches are solid, lots of tradition rich programs for recruiting...have they just been slow to innovate?

Oregon would have been the national champion last year if not for Dixon's injury.

Or how about barely bowl eligible California beating SEC West champion Tennessee?

All time BCS Bowl Records:

Highest Winning Percentages By Conference

Conference
Percentage (Record)

Mountain West
1.000 (1-0)

Southeastern
.733 (11-4)

Pacific-10
.667 (8-4)

Big East
.600 (6-4)

WAC
.500 (1-1)

Big Ten
.471 (8-9)

Big 12
.429 (6-8)

Atlantic Coast
.100 (1-9)

Independents
.000 (0-3)

If you want to expand the talk to the BCS time frame and include Cal, I will be happy rehash the 2004 Holiday Bowl.

Top Bottom