Collosseum after Cathedral?

Longasc

Deity
Hello!

I have some questions regarding some City Improvements.

If I already have a temple and a cathedral ->

- the Cathedral is good to keep 3 citizens in line -

does adding a Collosseum increase that to 3+2 or so?

Do these numbers add? You NEED a temple for a Cathedral, yes, but is the Collosseum not unnecessary if I already have Cathedrals and even better, the Sistine Chapel too?

The same applies to FACTORIES:
I add Coal Plants to increase their output, but then I can add hydroplants, nuclear plants, solar plants...

Hell, can I sell my Coal Plants after I built a solar plant, hydro plant or even a nuclear plant?

Do these boni add, or does only one type give the +50% bonus?

E.g. Factory + Coal, Hydro, Solar, Nuclear plant would have a bonus of...?

while a Factory + ONLY Nuclear Plant has a bonus of...?

Okay, before I get too much on your nerves :rolleyes: , a last question: Why do my Cruise Missiles not fly over the OCEAN?

They use railroads quite well, but I needed them 7 tiles east in China... ;)

-All happiness bonusses add.
-Production bonusses add, but you can only have one type of power plant: hydro-, nuclear-,coal- and solar plants replace each other. Manufacturing plant is different. It is not a power plant and adds its 50% bonus again.
Bonusses are taken from base uncorrupted production.
Corruption isn't increased by the bonusses, i.e.
A city produces 30 and has 20 corruption (totalling 50).
After buiding a factory (+50%) it will produce 45 and have 20 corruption (totalling 65).
Nuclear plants are the best for adding production, they add +100%, the others + 50%. But nuclear plants can melt down. But that can be avoided easily.
Sell the other power plants on the same continent as the Hoover Dam. They don't add anything anymore and just cost money. Even hydro plants that were build before the Hoover Dam can be sold.

Cruise missiles are transported using a train if you transport them over land using a railroad. If you would like to fly them to another city of yours, then you would have to launch them ;)
You can't load a cruise missile in a transport (both units in a port and using the load button), but you can move them into a transport that is next to the cruise missile in open sea. A bit stupid that it works this way. I modded the game using the editor a long time ago and now I don't have these (and other) problems anymore.

I would definately add the collesseum. Some people like to sit down and figure out how much happiness they add vs how much gold they make every turn, and factor in wonders. . . I don't go that far. By the Industrial Age, if I'm not making at least 200 gpt extra then I've screwed something up. So money is never an issue for me.

Of course, if you are under a money crunch, then you need to decide
  • Which Costs More
    And
  • Which Gives More Happiness

I also build the coal plant as soon as I can. Sure, it causes pollution, and it is more expensive. But when you add the bonus' for the factory and the coal plant, you get a significant boost to production. 'Sides, I have plenty of workers that are lazin' about, like they deserve a break or something. . .

Okay, thanks for the input.

I would say, if I build a COAL PLANT and directly after that a Hydro Plant, this would be RATHER STUPID, right? :)

Thanks for clarification.

But how about the Collosseum?

I do not know if they add happiness in addition to the cathedral.

Like Roland said, content citizen improvements stack. A cathedral(3) + a colleseum(2) would make 5 unhappy citizens content. If you throw in the temple(1) that would make it 6.

No, building a hydro plant after a coal plant wouldn't be stupid because of the reduction in pollution.

--Never mind already answered twice. I'm either in a daze this morning or a really slow typer today.:lol:

:D Blahz and me answered both on exactly the same time :p

Power Plants: From a strategic perspective, you could put your research aim to Scientific Methods (maybe after discovering Industrialization). Try to (palace-pre-)build that wonder Theory of Evolution and gain both techs Atomic Theory and Electronics for free, thus enabling Hoover Dam (both techs are the most expensive anyway, so you'd "waste" beakers if you choose other free techs). The delay to complete HD isn't that long to really benefit from any plants in the meantime (an early factory rush in the future HD city might come handy). Remember: your cities must have a factory to gain any plant-relevant production bonus, so your cities are perhaps busy on building factories meanwhile. If you build power plants in cities after factory completion, your HD wonder isn't probably far off, so these plants would be kind of wasted. I'd recommend to head for HD (especially on pangaea maps), not building any plants at all until nuclear power is in.

Collosseum: It might be argueable if the contentness effects (+2 citizens) are worth it, but surely it increases city's culture production (+2 cpt before doubling).

Top Bottom