Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World - Colonial and Pre-Colonial Civs

Hi guy's,
Back now and back into work on Lester. Checked out the SDK and Asset pantry and have had a good look at a few leaders. Teddy in particular as he is most similar feature wise. A few things of note, the mesh's are more higher poly than I thought and the textures are more higher res too. So I have started a redo with more res of most parts. I have re modeled the head, hair and glasses so far. Not real much to show as yet, but its coming along. Looking too young at the moment, but there is no textures or high frequency texture - wrinkles etc yet. Or eyebrows.

Another thing I need to find out is how hair is imported. Pretty sure there is a material in CivVI to control a lot of how the game renders it, but no clue how the guides are put in. Or how to import an fbx straight into the Asset Editor yet either.

Looking good! We've actually been working on Lester quite a bit whilst you've been away since the base model you provided was nothing short of stellar. Drop by the Discord some time and we'll show you our progress :)

As a quick teaser to the rest of you though:

Spoiler :

It's been a while since anyone posted here. I hope the plans for Canada, Australia, and Vietnam are still ongoing, and that the Salish, Noongar, Yolngu, and Palawa will be released as mods, either for Civ5 or for Civ6.

I had a discussion/argument with a fellow Civfanatic over whether the Australian Aboriginals can be considered a Civilization. For him, their lack of urbanized settlements and craft specialization, as well as lack of agrarianism, were big factors against their inclusion in the official game. If they shouldn't be in the official game, I guess Mods will have to do.

I just want to say i really appreciate the work you guys do Civilization is an excellent medium to teach about culture better than schools I live in New York and I never learned about the natives of my state like Iroquois or Algonquin peoples. Exposing people to new cultures is an amazing thing and teaches us all about mankind's rich and diverse history and legacy kudos to you guys really.

Now is where I be a terrible person and make requests for what i can only assume is a very busy team so here i go Algonquin Navajo and Laos maybe thanks for hearing me out

I just want to say i really appreciate the work you guys do Civilization is an excellent medium to teach about culture better than schools I live in New York and I never learned about the natives of my state like Iroquois or Algonquin peoples. Exposing people to new cultures is an amazing thing and teaches us all about mankind's rich and diverse history and legacy kudos to you guys really.

Now is where I be a terrible person and make requests for what i can only assume is a very busy team so here i go Algonquin Navajo and Laos maybe thanks for hearing me out

I only really learned about the Iroquois and Algonquian peoples (though not their specific ethnic names, like Lenape, or Mahican) when I was in fourth grade. I clearly remember learning about Wampum belts. Every grade past that, the social studies courses barely mention them.

I only really learned about the Iroquois and Algonquian peoples (though not their specific ethnic names, like Lenape, or Mahican) when I was in fourth grade. I clearly remember learning about Wampum belts. Every grade past that, the social studies courses barely mention them.
I learned about the Iroquois in fourth grade and im from the island where some of the more prominent Algonquin tribes were from

About Navajo...

http://civ6customization.gamepedia.com/Upcoming#

Expect the release somewhat soon, they're very nearly complete.

Algonquin though?

I mean, it was a language group spanning the east coast of the US and Canada, as well as the Great Lakes. There was no unified Algonquin group. The Shawnee spoke Algonquian languages, the Blackfoot spoke Algonquian languages, the Cree spoke Algonquian languages, the Powhatan spoke Algonquian languages, etc. An Algonquin Civ is like making an English Civ containing every English speaking nation.

There were actually a specific Algonquin people, which the language group was named after iirc, but they were part of the Anishinaabe Confederacy, so I don't really see any reason to have them as a full civ.

Algonquin though?

I mean, it was a language group spanning the east coast of the US and Canada, as well as the Great Lakes. There was no unified Algonquin group. The Shawnee spoke Algonquian languages, the Blackfoot spoke Algonquian languages, the Cree spoke Algonquian languages, the Powhatan spoke Algonquian languages, etc. An Algonquin Civ is like making an English Civ containing every English speaking nation.

I ment specific groups

Also your reason for the Algonquin being "as a Long Islander" or whatever...
The Algonquin tribe lived in Canada bud. Lenape or such would be far far closer to home in that case, as some Lenape tribes actually lived on Long Island.

The Algonquin tribe lived in Canada bud. Lenape or such would be far far closer to home in that case, as some Lenape tribes actually lived on Long Island.
i meant Algonquin peoples not the specific tribe something like the Massachuset or the Lenape

How is everything coming along with your Civ 6 modding? No update since April ;(

I'll concede I was vague i'll change it to a specific tribe or confederation I wasn't 100% on which tribe so I just went for the linguistic family i'll think of a better one thanks for the correction it is very much appreciated. also when I think of the actual Algonquin and Anishinaabe I tend to think Objiwe.

Top Bottom