Colonies 4.2 MP Tournament

Yaro, if you are up for another PMEM, and Colonies Tournament dies or is on long-tern hold, Steve and I are discussing a possible Bonaparte II PBEM with the new rules that I have been playtesting at CDG .

Would you be interested?

Yes, I'd, although I've near no experience with Bonaparte so I doubt if I'd be a good player. And I'd prefer to play Colonies ;)

Steve:

I have no idea about a replacement... What about Case? I don't know.

The work is very nice but it's A LOT OF WORK, so I end up the day very tired ;)

I believe darius has agreed to replace SAS.

Henrik said earlier he may try and play a few today.

But something has to give John, for henrik anyway, he is just way to busy right now.

Id like to save this Tourney since its new and no where near as tainted as the Boney one.

Well, my feeling is that we ought to start from scratch, as we have hardly started and yet Darius or whoever would have to accept someone else's diplomacy - or start again from scratch there anyway. If the diplomacy was redone, this may invalidate the previous few moves anyway - I know it would for me in two or three games.

Why not make a clean start?

Originally posted by Patient English
Well, my feeling is that we ought to start from scratch, as we have hardly started and yet Darius or whoever would have to accept someone else's diplomacy - or start again from scratch there anyway. If the diplomacy was redone, this may invalidate the previous few moves anyway - I know it would for me in two or three games.

Why not make a clean start?

Fine with me, anyone else like to comment?

I'd like to start over, but I highly suggest we find a replacement for Henrik first.

I don't mind about starting over.

Welcome aboard, Darius!! I'm more than deligthed to have you in this tournament :)

When will you start the new threads? I was hoping we could play while searching for a replacement...

Crap

Im sorry henrik cant do this, he was one of our most dedicated playtesters. :(

Hopefully life will get better for you after the school year henrik.

John I would suggest this:

Lets post a new roster of who plays in each game.

Darius can take SAS's spot and we need to find someone for henrik.

Then whomever goes first stes up the thread for his game and is responsible ofr maintaining the first post of each thread with the proper players.

If I get a chance Ill look at that today or tomorrow.

Ill check at CDG again as well. :sigh:

Sounds good to me. However, as the threads are already set up for the old game, why don't I edit those threads with the new players (once we have a replacement for Henrik) and we start off anew on, but using the old thread?

This would save a lot of fiddling around on my part with new rosters and threads. I will send the scoring spreadsheet out to Darius and whoever else we find, suitably amended. Sound alright?

Any news?

I have been civ2-disconnected for obvious reasons the last few days..

Yeah, I hope none of your friends or family have been affected by the bombings....

As for a henrik-replacement, no luck yet. I am inclined to let the idea of a Colonies tournament expire now, anyway. On reflection, this is going to take WAY too long, with some 300 moves. It will take us 20 moves to get to the first scoring point, and that will take a year at current rates of play in these PBEMs, across the 5 games.

I suggest that we consider a Colonies Tournament of ONLINE games at some point, when all of us are on fast connections. Otherwise, I just don't see this working....:(

Well maybe we should at least do a single colonies game.

It is a sad state of the community if we cant find 5 reliable players.

:(

Id love to do online but I just dont have the time, especially since the wife is a PITA. ;)

To answer your question Yaro, I advertised at the SLOOOOOOOOW moving CDG game but no one has biten, its a shame really.

I am happy to get involved with a single colonies game. We don't need 5 players that way. We could even do more than one game, but just no tournament.

I am happy to play the English (first choice), French or Dutch. MP rules, naturally. We have to accept it's going to take a really long time, so for interest, I suggest we adopt the tornament scoring system we were going to use.

Top Bottom