Colonies A La Carte???

agoodfella

Prince
Can someone explain why whenever I try to select one city to liberate as a colony, I only get an option to liberate a bunch of cities?

How come I can't just select one single city?

Thanks

You can't liberate just one city. There needs to be at least 2 cities to create a colony.

you can liberate single cites to an existing civ(gifting them). To create a colony a certain number of cities must be liberated at once (sandard map, normal game speed the number is 5 I believe)

Wow, that kind of blows.

Also, how come when I selected to liberate a bunch of cities, another random Civ gets appointed the administrator? Is this how this works normally?

yup, but that civ is a strong vassal to you. However, if you are a civ with multiple leaders then the colony gets liberated to one of them. Either way the colony acts as a vassal state.

But how come the assigned Civ is a random Civ that isn't even in my current game? Or is this a bug?

But how come the assigned Civ is a random Civ that isn't even in my current game? Or is this a bug?

Who else did you want to administer it? Nobody? Where you wanting to gift it? Or where you hoping you'd get to pick who it was?

their is a post about the coding for it, but in many cases civs are tied together (ie. if the British create a colony, it will create America). However if your civ has no other civ tied to it, or the civ tied to yours is already in use then a random civ takes over as administrating.

I think you can set up who administers your colony by moding some stuff, but I'm no moder so I don't know for sure.

That is interesting. Being able pick would be nice.
Not just nice. It would have great strategic importance. Say, for example you colonize a bunch of land on a continent next to an aggressive AI. Say you have rifling.

Wouldn't you then much rather make Churchill the leader of your colonies, to get protective redcoats guarding your colonial resources, rather than say e.g. Ramesses?

Also, no one would ever choose Tokugawa as their colonial vassal, since that guy is a crazy no-trade freak.

Not just nice. It would have great strategic importance. Say, for example you colonize a bunch of land on a continent next to an aggressive AI. Say you have rifling.

Wouldn't you then much rather make Churchill the leader of your colonies, to get protective redcoats guarding your colonial resources, rather than say e.g. Ramesses?

Also, no one would ever choose Tokugawa as their colonial vassal, since that guy is a crazy no-trade freak.

I would, since he would be friendly with me and trade stuff, and would hate everyone else.

I would, since he would be friendly with me and trade stuff, and would hate everyone else.

I bet that Tokugawa would have your standard +12 (+2 Defense Pact, +10 You gave us independence) to start with, and have it wittled down to a +3 within 10 turns. :lol: That bastard hates human players, and loves AI players. :D

I bet that Tokugawa would have your standard +12 (+2 Defense Pact, +10 You gave us independence) to start with, and have it wittled down to a +3 within 10 turns. :lol: That bastard hates human players, and loves AI players. :D

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've had more games where Toku is friendly to only me than games where Toku is friendly to an AI i'm not friends with anyway.

After liberating a 3-city continent, I liberated a city on a nearby island and it joined the vassal nation. So you can apparently liberate a single city under some circumstances.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I've had more games where Toku is friendly to only me than games where Toku is friendly to an AI i'm not friends with anyway.

You have been lucky! Relations with Tokugawa generally go sour, however you play it.

You have been lucky! Relations with Tokugawa generally go sour, however you play it.

He's normally so far behind that I can afford to give him free stuff so our relations wont go down, and I will often try to get the same state religion as him since I know he'll be hard to get pleased, and fairly hard to conquer.

Top Bottom