Colonies

spaceman98

Plotting something
Does REV DCM do anything to colony liberation? I have three (unstable and largly useless) cities on a different continent, but its not offering me a chance to grant them independance, only to give them to my current vassal on the continent, who is to far away to have any use for them. Why? How can I make them an independant vassal?

I'm afraid that it's a problem with the original BTS that the creators of Rev. didn't change. In Standard BTS, you may only have one colony vassal on each landmass, so you'll just have to give it to your other colony. In Revolutions however, you just need to wait until they break off on their own. Once the revolt status goes low enough, you can just accept the rebels' demands and boom! a new civ pops up. One difference is that if you let them form their own civ, they won't be your vassal.

Hope that helps even though you posted this years ago.

Thank you for replying regardless! I really appreciate you taking the time to give a well-researched answer, even though the post was made so long ago.

This makes sense, and I'll keep it in mind for future games! Who knows, maybe one day when I have time to mod again I'll look into fixing this.

Top Bottom