Colonization music

Malignant

Chieftain
I for one loved the soundtrack/score for the original colonization. The music immersed me into that time period and I REALLY REALLY HOPE they use the same score but updated of course. I'm hoping they recreate the music using real instruments it would kick ass.

TheMystic once posted a list of all the 117 tracks in the remake's music folder, but that's gone now. There were a bunch of the old tunes there, and a lot of new ones. Especially classical music.

Especially classical music.

Which sucks, even though I love it in general. I don't like the Civ IV soundtrack at all. It's just background music. A soundtrack should be catchy (Like in the original Colonization and Dune II to name a couple). I want the happy flute and violin tunes. Do you think they would mind if I re-create some of the missing ones?

Which sucks, even though I love it in general. I don't like the Civ IV soundtrack at all. It's just background music. A soundtrack should be catchy (Like in the original Colonization and Dune II to name a couple). I want the happy flute and violin tunes. Do you think they would mind if I re-create some of the missing ones?

Agree!
Some Civ4 music simply makes me feel tired. The good-old colonization music still have great impact on me.

Now if they could make the musics that feel like Sid Meier's Pirates, that would be really great !

I agree colonization 1s music is much better than any I've had in a civ game.
You know it's good when you use the ingame jukebox and listens repeatedly to your favourites.
in CIV there are some I like and some I hate but overall nothing very exciting.

the music i saw in the gameplay videos were downright depressing.

they should at the very least update the songs from the original colonization. they still bring a smile to my face and honestly i would almost buy the game just for that.

The music was really good.

Welcome to the Forums themadz. :beer:

I especially liked the military march tunes played during the war for independence. :)

the two hornpipes song from the original colonization is pretty much featured in the pirates of the caribbean dead mans chest.

if you do a youtube search for two hornpipes pirates then you will hear it.

i wish they do something like that with all the songs.

especially the military ones. those were awsome to get you in the mood for the wars.

Thanks for the tip. I have some of the old tunes in midi format but not all of them have unique names just "independence 1" "independence 2" etc.

Hello everyone,

I was a big fan of Colonization too. Civilization was more epic, but there were really immersive feelings in Colonization. The fact that the game was more micromanagement oriented, and especially the traditionnal music, makes me feel a bit in the life of the early pionneers of the new world.

I will really miss thoses musics in the new Colonization I think. So I have made some mp3 from the old MIDI using the MIDIg software synthetizer. It sounds more realistic than other MIDI synthetisers but some instruments still need work.

I don't know it is legal to put link to this here, I would like if possible. I can send to people interested anyway.

Archeide

The music in the 3 gameplay videos, from gamespot, is great!!
I :gold: it!!!

Awesome work! :trophy:

I had some .mod music files, but they were only a little bit better than the original MIDIs. These you've made here sound considerably better. Make the rest!

PS: Are you using MIDIG 2.03?

Hello Lord Shadow!

Thanks for you reply!
I have used the latest midig 2.05a with several additional instrument soundfonts i collected from various sources. The most difficult instrument to get is the fiddle, i had to use 3 different soundfonts, because no one sounded good for all songs. The biggest instrument soundfont takes 10 Mb for itself (the violin in Bonny at Morn), overall i used nealy 200Mb of soundfonts.

Very nice as well... Fisher's Hornpipe was very nearly a perfect match (but better quality of course!!). Amazing what you can do with a bit of effort and a lot of talent :goodjob:

I have put some MP3s I made with MidiG and some good soundfonts, from original Colonization MIDIs :
Great job!
The funny thing is, I hadn't played Col for years, and when I recently reinstalled it and tried a couple games, I was appalled to hear how crudely the music sounded. It wasn't much more sophisticated than a computer startup beep. But my imagination had transformed my memories into something much more refined, something very much like what you did. :)
Many thanks! :bowdown:

Top Bottom