Colonization music

I generally disable music in all games. There's this one series called UFO Afterxxx where the music doesn't drive me insane and I let it play. For Col2 I lasted maybe 2 hours before hearing the same stuff over and over pushed me over the edge. I turn down ambient in Col2 since going into the city screen is an auditory onslaught.

I'm actually pretty surprised, i once took a class on 18th century war music (lol liberal arts) and a lot of the songs I was exposed to in that class wound up in this game! Although I can't say I'm particularly happy to hear "Chester" after the 5 or 6 different versions i heard in that class :(

Also the title screen music is pretty awesome. It's a shame that nothing else in the game really sounds like that.

Hey I realized that some of the original music is in the current game, play as the Dutch and you'll come across some familiar music.

Necroing an old thread to say that I liked the music in the original Colonization a lot.

But the new music is even better. The tunes aren't that catchy, but they sound more agreeable. And it's quite a large collection there.

Necroing even more, not only because this thread is one of the few results in google when looking for "colonization music", but also because it is one of the most useful ones...

Finally I discovered, after paying some attention, that the track Cornwall, one of the most memorable of the game, comes from recordings from Albert d'Ossché and Robert Force in the dulcimer (in fact, they designed their own instrument). Which would be some obscure data if there wasn't a beautiful video of Robert Force playing Cornwall in youtube, and if the recordings of both were available, all of them (which means: a compilation that says "complete recordings), in iTunes and spotify.

"Cornwall" is a beautiful tune, but listening to it being played is something different. Is something that trascends the videogame indeed.

Very interesting information.

Welcome to the forum Risingson [party] :band: :popcorn: :beer:

Thanks! :D

What is a pity is that the soundtrack seems to be some popular tunes, some military ones, and even some tunes composed by others, and no one is credited. I guess only the main theme, the one that sounds at the intro, is composed by the credited people ( Jeffery L. Briggs, Ken Lagace, Roland J. Rizzo ) and the rest come from very different sources.

The youtube I mentioned before, that you should all watch, is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwQN32m2K4s

BTW, I'm terrible at strategy games. I always play them at the lowest difficulty, and even with this the computer beats me most of the times (and it is even worse with RTS). But that didn't keep me from being obsessed with Colonization, or Civilization, or the two Master of.

Cheers!

BTW, I'm terrible at strategy games. I always play them at the lowest difficulty, and even with this the computer beats me most of the times (and it is even worse with RTS). But that didn't keep me from being obsessed with Colonization, or Civilization, or the two Master of.

Cheers!

Ahh, Master of Magic and Master of Orion (I and II). Weren't they brilliant games! In fact I still play Master of Magic occasionally. In my view the best and most complex strategy game ever. It is amazing that there has never been a remake.

The Master of Magic one got lost in who owns what rights to the idea and the game unfortunately. That's a great find for Cornwall btw, that, Jine the Cavalry and Hornpipe were my favourites.

Top Bottom