[Command] Back up promotions (for later)

Request for a new "back up promotions for later" command :
hides the promotions (and unit's blue glow ?) until you click on a "show available promotions" command (located in the same place).

Why ? So that these units stop distracting you because you've stockpiled these promotions for later :
- because the promotion is not available yet (hunter 2+ for chasers for instance)
- because you want to use the promotion for healing
- because you don't want to choose yet

I'd like that too but it's fairly trivial for the game design so would be something I'd put at a fairly low priority. Others may feel otherwise.

What I would prefer is to be able to select that future promotion and the unit then auto promotes when it gets access to that promotion.

What I would prefer is to be able to select that future promotion and the unit then auto promotes when it gets access to that promotion.
Good luck programming THAT. The difficulty I wouldn't want to try to tackle in this would be the proper filtering of future but not presently available promotions into the list of selectable promos, the tracking of those selections on the unit with a delayed processing, and the triggering of when to process in those promos onto the unit at the time they apply. That complexity is a huge invitation to hard to solve bugs I fear.

I'm not saying it CAN'T be done, but it would be seriously intrepid to attempt it, IMO. Particularly with how much of the promotion option list generation is so tied into some exe programming.

Ultimately, it's probably very possible but scares the hell out of me with some of my c++ language comprehension limits. A better programmer might look at it all and see how it could be easily done.

Last edited:
Any way to simply turn off the glowing blue particles? That's the most annoying part.
I've never been able to figure that one out. I recognize its an issue and will probably figure something out eventually... some status promo or something you can use.

Top Bottom