Commonly Used Acronyms in the Civ Community

Lonely Hearts Club I believe.

Edit: Whoops, didn't see the second page.

LHC should = Large Hadron Collider
Now that would make a nice wonder... :D
maybe some free tech or extra beakers, but a 0.001% chance to wipe out the entire map, uninstall the game and format your hard drive :) :) :)

LHC should = Large Hadron Collider
Now that would make a nice wonder... :D
maybe some free tech or extra beakers, but a 0.001% chance to wipe out the entire map, uninstall the game and format your hard drive :) :) :)
How about if the LHC were perhaps the last wonder? Requires superconductors & fusion. Provides 2 free engineers & 2 free scientists, makes all labs research 25% more. Production cost equal to that of Three Gorges Dam. The failure chance may be a default 0.01% (10 times likelier to fail than what you suggested) but maybe that makes the game an automatic loss when failing (no need for HD failure or the like). That would be pretty useful in a game with a good amount of future techs (i.e. Next War mod).

BTW, why aren't "BTW" or "ASAP" included in the accronym list? They're widely used enough IMO.

I don't do that sort of thing, Matthew. ;)

I just wanted a thumbs up! :sad:

This was what I was trying to get: :goodjob:

On second thought, there's this smily that I didn't see: :thumbsup:

:dunno:

Edit: Ah, I did a b rather than a d....

I just wanted a thumbs up! :sad:

This was what I was trying to get: :goodjob:

On second thought, there's this smily that I didn't see: :thumbsup:

:dunno:

Edit: Ah, I did a b rather than a d....

It (my post) was a pretty crappy joke, don't worry about it. :goodjob:

OMG. :blush:

I always look at things the wrong way. ALWAYS.

:blush:

cat - a harmless and helpless furry animal for humans to take out their aggression on when a game of civ goes awry. Occasionally also used to stand for "catapult".
treb - a nefarious device the name of which people have long, long forgotten how to spell. Origin hypothesised to be French for obvious reasons.

what does WB stand for? example: Builds: Worker -> WB (chop) -> Warrior -> WB -> Archer -> Settler -> Settler

workboat, sorry!!!

The acronyms page is missing these :

AG : Agriculture (technology)
Cap : Capital (might be obvious...)
SH : Stonehenge (world wonder)
CR : City Raider (promotion)
WHEOOHRN : We have enough on our hands right now

Top Bottom