completely unstable

warhead66

Warlord
Hi guys

Loving the new game, but the stability is like water atm:

1. after load, screen goes black until i press ctrl+alt+del. After that the game comes up and is just dandy.

2. can't load a saved game. i can load autosaves but not custom saved games.. this gets a bit annoying after a while.

3. unpredictable crashes, mostly caused when i open the civpedia. The crashes sometimes just happen, but they happen very often when i open the civpedia, but still not always.

4. graphics look very pixelized. My comp has the recommended settings to run this game, yet no matter what setting i run them at i can't get rid of every thing looking a bit.. squared. It's like the graphics are supposed to look nice, but jsut don't for some reason. It's especially when i zoom out, small details get huge pixels.

Thanks for any help provided! :)

Thanks for replying, in regards of 2&3 are there any solutions or will i just have to wait for a patch?

WEI: 5,2
Intel Core Duo P8400 2.26
4GB Ram
Ge force 9800 Gs

Okay, you're right, the system is fine.

We'll have to wait for the patches, but i guess it will take some time, because as far as i know the devs have not said that they are already working on it.

For 2...er...did you put anyting besides a-z and 0-9 in the savegame name? Some characters, like colons, can cause trouble there.

do you have AA enabled? my civ 5 graphics looked less than desirable until i noticed AA was off. i enabled it and the graphics smoothed out.

I am not quite sure atm if Civ 5 is worse than Master of Orion 2 as a franchise killer or not. It is heading that way. At least MOO2 wouldn't crash when you selected different options.

Gameplay-wise, Civ has lost it's strategic feel, it is more a tactical game now than strategic. Too much emphasis on the military and not the other parts that made Civ great, this pales in comparison to Civ4 imo.

I loved moo2 just as much as 1.. Moo3 was a franchise killer.. there are new beta drivers out that help civ 5 with nvidia cards.. try it out.

I am not quite sure atm if Civ 5 is worse than Master of Orion 2 as a franchise killer or not. It is heading that way. At least MOO2 wouldn't crash when you selected different options.

Gameplay-wise, Civ has lost it's strategic feel, it is more a tactical game now than strategic. Too much emphasis on the military and not the other parts that made Civ great, this pales in comparison to Civ4 imo.

.... and what the hell does this have to do with my crashes? Keep on topic please.

anywas..

patch 2 out.. i can now lload a saved game. my game however crashes whenn i save.. but viewed from an optimist, i guess it just makes exiting the game a bit quicker? :p

however.. there is something which is much worse than misc crashes and i'm wondering if anyone knows or has experienced it.. only had it happened once in 0.17, but in 0,20 it's happened twice... the entire game looks like a window just broke.. and it's only when i view at this one particular place on the map (random all three times).

It won't go away once it's there even if i exit and enter. i have to load back to before it came..

the worst part is i can't even post a Screen shot.. when i do, all i see is that old guy from the intro movie.. :p

any help is much appreciated!

Have you tried updated drivers? Directx? Possibly even beta drivers from nvidia?

I recommend trying the DX9 version of Civ5 instead of the DX10/11. I think there's something severely wrong with the DX10/11 codepaths that makes the game crash. The DX9 version is highly stable for me.
Edit: that is, if this is still a problem. :3

I recommend trying the DX9 version of Civ5 instead of the DX10/11. I think there's something severely wrong with the DX10/11 codepaths that makes the game crash. The DX9 version is highly stable for me.
Edit: that is, if this is still a problem. :3

DX9 and DX10/11 crash at random points in the game for me. It seems that 2K/Firaxis are clueless and/or ignoring a large fomenting problem. I have never seen so many people express this kind of discontent. Civ V could be the franchise killer if they dont get a handle of it quickly.

Top Bottom